Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

oh AD, you guys have been going lower every gm now

DeeZee, ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

What is the process getting in with such limited capacity .... some kind of lottery? Am curious how they’re doing it?

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  3. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

AD’s midrange game is simply not there this season. Wasn’t there before the injury either. Needs to get some easy baskets closer to the rim.

4. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

1-5 since he came back. lakers look way worse. AD camps out in midrange thinking he is a shooting guard. No longer crashes the boards. Can't get to the FT line because players dare him to shoot and he settles so no more under the rim fouls. Defense has been atrocious and he's getting by based on reputation. But i was told he could lead a team as #1 option to the chip. still waiting on AD to prove it rather than you guys tell me about it.

KobeJeterKaep likes this.
  5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

He's the worst he's ever been. What happened?!

lakerjones and ElginTheGreat like this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

didn't see the game, but i'm certain that a bad stretch coming off an injury invalidates all other data because that just makes great sense.

where's lebron, btw? not winning us any games, either.

7. BangBoomPow

right, because a 36 year old coming back to a s***-show in his first two games is the same as a 28 year old who took 2 1/2 months off and is supposed to be in his physical prime. LeBron was the top MVP candidate before he got injured while AD was playing poorly before he got injured.

Bad stretch of injuries? of course you didn't watch the game. He gave very little effort all game and hasn't been active offensively or defensively since his return.

btw, LeBron has led three teams to a title before teaming up with AD. he's already proven his ability to win. But I guess context doesn't matter to you which seems to be a very common characteristic

8. BangBoomPow

no effort, no hunger to win more titles and be the best. he's happy being the side act and letting LeBron dictate the Lakers success. Every post game interview, he's talking about how the Lakers are still the favorites and no team wants to face them then the next game, he shoots 2 free throws, grabs 6 rebounds, and goes 35% from the field because he is allergic to the rim. i don't see the hunger in this dude. he's 28 and supposed to be in his athletic prime so him constantly being afraid of physical contact when the league today is physically softer than ever is a huge concern. Like I've stated before and it's going to be incredibly obvious when LeBron's contract is up, good luck trying to build with AD as your #1 option. It's so obvious that the Lakers will need to have an elite wing if they want to compete for a title with AD. a guy like Tatum, Luka, or someone who can run the offense at a high level. AD doesn't want it enough after winning that title. all the losing for seven seasons and then instantly winning a title the moment you leave made AD super cocky and lazy.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

just wish lebron could win some games. maybe we can get a real alpha in here next year?

tell me more about context, btw. is it like reading comprehension? can i buy these things?

10. LTLakerFan

Your deep dive into AD’s mind set, ignoring all other residuals coming back from an injury with career implications .... just jumped the shark.

abeer3 likes this.
  11. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Hi LTLakerFan, it’s pretty simple actually! You have to be two weeks past your second vax with proof or bring a negative COVID test from the past 72 hours. They have a rapid test set up a few blocks away that gives your results on your phone in about 10 minutes but it costs $45. You can buy tickets online through Ticketmaster. It’s limited capacity but there are tickets. Just go online and check it out if you are interested.

It was great to be back there and fun! Sucked that we played terribly other than the first quarter but it was my first time seeing Lebron and AD in person. The sight lines were great even though I was in the nosebleeds because of the social distance seating and low capacity. The crowd that was there was a fun one as well and I think people were just so happy to be out and about again finally! Now the Lakers just need to get their act together!

12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

watch the games then cause its embarrassing regardless of your stance on ad being a #1 or coming back from injuries or whatever, he simply not putting much effort on either side of the ball

13. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

AD looks bad. I definitely expected rust coming off the injury but it’s still tough to watch. He just doesn’t have it at all right now on either end of the floor.

lakerjones likes this.
  14. LTLakerFan

Thinking light years outside the box ;) .... while his minutes restrictions have been pretty much lifted .... just “maybe” there is additional advice from the medical staff on things to still “ease” back into? Plus the rust of course. Of course just a theory cause am a “soft AD” enabler.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    Khmrp likes this.
  15. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    To be honest, he looks the same as he did earlier in the season before his injury ... which is not great. He’s either not confident physically, or it’s a mental thing. I think someone made the comparison before, it reminds me of Pau when he lost his mojo. Soft, constantly settling for midrange shots, doesn’t work to establish good position. Seems complacent, he’ll just drift around the perimeter on offense forcing Lebron to carry the load.

I’m holding out hope that this IS just residual rust from his recent injury that he’ll shake off soon, but that’s starting to look iffy.

Khmrp, shoe and 432J like this.
  16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

yeah, really not sure what happened between the end of the finals and the start of this season

injury related? out of shape?

17. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

He's been bad but way way to early to just stick a fork in him.

Yeah he wasn't great pre injury but that was after the short turn around and the achilles was bothering him beforehand.

Can't emphasize enough how the top 4 teams from last year have all under achieved or been hurt. This is unfortunately probably the most difficult season to repeat in league history. Fatigue to out of shape is tough to come back from

lakerjones, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

He looks like 2011 Pau. We are done if he's gonna play soft like this.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

doesn't sound like i want to watch the games right now?

davis played hurt in the playoffs and to begin the year. he could have protected himself and sat the season, tbh, as it's likely he's not 100% now, either.

unless you're all really subscribing to the theory that he forgot how to play basketball over a two-month period.

worst case, he suffered a career-altering injury bringing the title back home after a decade's absence. but since it happened a few months ago, we don't care.

anyway, i'll be glad to get these clowns out of there and get a real #1 alpha dominator like tatum, who along with another in-prime allstar and recent allstar guard has his team sitting in...7th place in the east. carries the offense hard, though.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

i dont care what opt he is nor the excuses if thats the effort you putting forth then dont play at all. you just projecting and dismissing his dismal play, i dont care bout tatum nor any other non Lakers i care bout a supposed top 5 player looking like a lazy role player

Last edited: May 3, 2021