Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

His name is embedded in the center of the other name
    Sir ronstu ff

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Props!

[​IMG]

But do you have any idea from PM-ing here why he was under an assumed name laying low from the FBI yet?

sirronstuff and Sentient Meat like this.
  3. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Kuz needs 30 mins but he's only shooting .344 from 3 since coming back 10 games ago. He's making some impressive Kobe-esque fall-away long 2's though. But if he wants more mins when AD is back it's gonna be @ 3 most likely except for those times AD plays the 5 and it's tough with KCP and the Midas touch shooting an insane 59% the past 10 games from 3 and over 43% on the season while Green's getting his touch back (over 41% last 10 games, 39% on the season). But no doubt the Rondo/Kuz connection works and should continue to give other benches nightmares adding Dwight, KCP and Caruso to the mix. Kuz will have to get the extra mins from those times AD plays center and we go small (ish).

4. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

and sirrons not back it's Kevin Durant on his "Lebron hater" burner.

5. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Great pick up. I’m in and out all the time on the forum, sometimes for months at a time. So Sirron disappeared, and Ron was there instead. Should of been easy to get that it’s Sir Ron haha.

But honestly, I didn’t think too much into it because there are always interesting characters around. I only clued in when I saw people’s replies to his post had Ron Stu at the top and Sirron’s username attached to the post itself.

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Extenuating circumstances and permission from the staff allowed for that, and I’m very grateful.

While the issue many of you were informed of still exists to some degree, it is no longer the same.

@LTLakerFan the FBI comment was made in jest

:Brows:

But I do have a current warrant out for my arrest after refusing to pay for a ticket from a crooked cop. Dammit, can’t renew my license without it, so I’ll have to pay it. Eventually.

thumbing my nose at “the man” only increased my penalty. Turns out showing up in court is important in their eyes

:Kuzmawhoknew:

They can kiss my once Latino arse

7. LTLakerFan

@RonStu ..... noooo you don’t say

:Kobedisbelief:

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    :Noddingyes: True Story

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  9. LTLakerFan

Never ceases to amaze me the tolerance for pain internet warriors have for actual players' injuries. That fall AD took that has him out for the 4th game against Orlando tonight looked scary as hell. Like he landed on his tail bone and maybe even his head bounced off the floor. From pretty high up. But this comment below under one news flash he's out tonight.

"Wasn’t even that hard of a fall. What a baby [​IMG] Many guys have those landings and get right up and keep playing, missing no time."

IE Lakers, Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  10. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    While I do agree, are we sure we didn't kind of luck into Dwight and how well that has worked. No way that would have ever been a thing if Cousins doesn't go down. Whether Cousins comes back this year or next and depending on what we do with Howard. Those are tough decisions because its clearly working between Javale and Howard. Sorry back to AD thread.

11. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Absolutely. Its crazy that his leg didn't catch (thankfully) when he was falling backwards. Had it caught, that's his knee getting all twisted. Very fortunately and thankful this was it.

12. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I thought that was a spatula at first and I kept thinking baby spatula...huh? :Laugh:

LTLakerFan, sirronstuff and karacha like this.
  13. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

It's like one of these, Cookie:

[​IMG]

Cookie likes this.
  14. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Injury update on AD: not bad, not great but he's at least moving forward.

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers...e-but-recovery-will-not-be-rushed/2020/01/16/

Lakers Injury Update: Anthony Davis Progressing Toward Return To Practice, But Recovery Will Not Be Rushed
    • 2 minute read
    Tweet
    [​IMG]
    Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
    Published on01/16/2020
    AUTHOR
    Matthew Moreno

The Los Angeles Lakers endured a scare but had good fortune on their side when Anthony Davis landed on his back in the third quarter of a win over the New York Knicks more than one week ago.

Davis writhed on the ground in pain as teammates and the Lakers medical staff huddled around him. The six-time All-Star was slow to his feet and walked gingerly to the locker room. X-rays were negative and Davis was diagnosed that night with a bruised his sacrum — bottom part of the spine above the tailbone.

He underwent an MRI the following day, which also came back negative and the Lakers at that time updated his injury to a gluteus maximus contusion. Davis surprisingly traveled with the team for a two-game road trip, but he’s yet to take the court since Jan. 7.

That may be soon considering Davis participated in a portion of Wednesday’s shootaround. “Did some work this morning and still experiencing some soreness and not ready to play,” Lakers head coach Frank Vogel said.

“He moved a lot more but it wasn’t live action. Coaches were bumping him around a little bit and trying to test it. Still not ready. We’ll have an off-day [Thursday] and practice day Friday. Hopefully we’ll be able to get him into some more activity and potentially live practice on Friday.”

The prospect of being without Davis for any stretch of games once appeared to be a daunting reality, but the Lakers have managed to continue forging ahead. With a practice session scheduled before their road trip, it’s possible Davis returns this weekend.

“We’ll see how Friday’s practice goes. If he’s back for the Saturday game, he’s back,” Vogel said. “If not, we’ll continue to look at it. A lot of times in this situation, if he needs live work, we’ll have practice for that reason.”

While the Lakers are willing to accommodate to Davis’ needs, it won’t amount to rushing his return. “I just think we’re going to take an intelligent approach to injuries with all of our players and in particular someone like A.D.,” Vogel explained.

“If we were losing and he still wasn’t ready, we wouldn’t have him in there. We’re going to make sure this injury is behind him and we won’t have him back before then, whether we’re winning or losing.”

Cookie, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  15. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Eh, we far enough ahead to allow him to properly "load mana..." I mean rest for a few games.

16. LTLakerFan

I trust Judy. Asians are smart. :p

Images Judy Seto Lakers

PS .... LOL someone cracked a week or so ago that she kept Kobe together (in cyborg or whatever fashion) ... ( a step above human possibilities). :clap: But in those images above check the TLC work in S.O.T.A. docterin' fashion I'm sure that she is having to give Kobe in so many of them. So glad to have her back.

17. LTLakerFan

18. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Suck up

19. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

We definitely should not rush him, even if we lose some games. With that said, I will also add this: AD is an extremely gifted player, one of the best in the world for sure. For someone so talented, he does move awkwardly and falls down a lot. Almost like a teenager who had a sudden growth spurt and does not feel 100% comfortable in his body... Am I the only one who thinks that?

Cookie and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

He reminds me of a new born deer. But he is tough and plays through a lot of it, some injuries for multiple years before resting/ getting surgery/ shutting it down. Not sure what NBA retiree is teaching it, but before his next contract I would like him to maybe get with someone and master the art of falling.

Cookie likes this.