Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I wish he uses the hook shot more, he never misses on those. Stop the fadeaway from 20 feet

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Of course ..... you’re biased. Not good in your moonlighting profession either.

:ADnaughty:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Was it just me or was that a very quiet 25/11? He certainly had a few plays in the second half that stand out. But when they said he was up to 19 points during the game, I had to check the box cause it didn't seem like it. That's not a good/ bad thing, just an observation.

Spurs don't have the horses to compete against him. I would like for him to get back to the line more. He stayed away from the free throw line in Texas.

5. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    That defense on Albridge multiple times throughout the game when he just embarrassed him was filthy

6. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

A quiet 25/11/4 - on 50% shooting - I'm good with that.

He also had a nice play down the stretch just taking advantage of the switch with DDR trying to guard him. I love that.

7. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I'll admit I've never watched much of AD before he came here but was always looking at the crazy numbers he puts up. BUT, is his game suppose to look smoother? When he has to create for himself, it always looks like a tough shot to me.

Props on the defense he played on LMA in the 4th. Took the challenge and got stops.

8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

#FutureLakersTeammates

:Magicwink:

Barnstable, DoMinJoon, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  9. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

LOL. I like it - come on down GIANNIS - just take LeBron's role when he retires...and we'll get you 3 more guys that can shoot.

10. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Pete in making videos this off-season always pointed out that AD if there is one gripe on offense is his shot selection at times isn't great. We've seen this already. Personally I thought it would look a lot worse then it has. I think he's realizing and getting use to our team more and understanding he doesn't have to take the bad shots. On contrary I think it always speaks to his level of confidence in himself. He continues to take the outside shot and even hit a big one off the dribble late in the game against Dallas. He said his outside shot is one of the things he worked on most this year. It hasn't really translated yet but I like the continued confidence.

When he takes those long and high post hooks instead of those fall away shots he just can't be stopped.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

we're having trouble getting him the ball on the move towards the basket due to our insistence on playing centers next to him so much, so the tough shots are going to continue.

he got more clean looks in NO, but had to make a ton of tough ones, too. his midrange was better there, iirc. he's a spotty 3pt shooter at best and shouldn't use it often. he's great on the block, but that's a lot of work, and as i said above, he's getting crowded there.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and alam1108 like this.
  12. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    His post up touches are going to improve once anyone not named Danny Green starts making the threes they're supposed to make (looking at you KCP, Daniels, Cook, LeBron).

Cookie, JSM, lakerjones and 2 others like this.
  13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure what you expect it to look like. He's putting up monster numbers here too. If it was much easier for him, he'd be averaging 40/20/5/5. These are NBA players he's playing against after all. It's not like he is playing against the Lakersball All-stars. It looks tough because it's the NBA and it is tough.

14. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

maybe in the context that AD is so much bigger, so much more talented then his opponents so things "shouldn't" be tough, he's making it tough for himself

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I feel that he should be doing more doe :Fishwink:

16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    taking his man off the dribble from the 3 point line seems completely unnecessary.

Kenzo likes this.
  17. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Spacing is still an issue somehow

I don't see how Rondo, Kuzma, or Iggy if we get him helps.

Need that stretch 5, a pg who can shoot it (that is playable, so I don't think Cook counts), and maybe a Kuzma move for a better fit (dont think that happens this yr)

18. sirronstuff

:Vogelshocked:

1. AD and Cousins can shoot the 3 :Dmcpphhtttt: (although only 50% available for now) I'm not enamored with stretch 5 as everyone else, and if we're winning at an 80% clip without it, how necessary is it really further?
    2. Have you heard of this guy called Caruso? :Javaleidontknow2::Carusoshaka: Bald Eagles occasionally have rough patches, but he cycled off the roids, and is coming back to himself any time now. Rondo is a decent 3 pt shooter, and will have plenty of open looks when playing with AD and Lebron. I think just patience is required here.

3. Kuzma for a better fit? :Kareemlook: Seems to me he may be that reliable 3rd option we need that doesn't need plays run for him either. Makes we wonder if you are just messing with us here. :Laughingcop: (Now if you said something about KCP, I might agree, but he still has time to prove his worth, and I think there is zero % chance he waives his no trade capability.

LTLakerFan and Jaguar like this.
  19. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

AD has been just as advertised, great player and very likable personality as well.
    However when BI/Zo/Hart put up 70 points and our other discarded players such as T. Bryant, Clarkson, Wagner, Svi, Zu continue to improve he not only has to be solid but he needs to take over in crunch time to fill that void left by clearing out everyone. If Dwight didn't come out of nowhere, we very well could be 4-3 so I'm not popping the champagne bottles just yet.
    Kuzma needs to find his mojo... Caruso needs to slow down and quit choking like he keeps doing when the coaches give him a chance. He has the talent but is still fighting his nerves and missing wide open looks and making sloppy passes. Dwight needs to keep up this effort all season... Boogie needs to get healthy and if none of the guards rise to the occasion, maybe we can find someone at the trade deadline.
    Should have kept IT... he wouldn't have solved everything... but we sure could have used his shot creation abilities with this group.
    AD will always produce those numbers and provide great defense, but we need one more person who can score when the game is on the line.

20. sirronstuff

He just about being a free agent next year while in Chicago. Either smart marketing to give his hometown hope and garner attention, or it's a red flag that shouldn't be ignored. if he walks, this team isn't close to the same.