Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Can’t even offer him a max extension without the kicker: fact!

Klutch klients are signing extensions all over the place: fact!

If you’re so concerned with what he said, this is in fact what he has repeatedly stated:

“I like playing the four, I’m not even going to sugarcoat it. I like playing the four, I don’t really like playing the five,” Davis said with a smile. “But if it comes down to it, coach, and you need me to play the five, I’ll play the five.”

And since you find our FO so infallible, here’s what they even said.

You believe them right? They wouldn’t be lying to you.

[​IMG]

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Credit John and Ken..... KFI describing someone in Sacramento clutching her pearls a number of years ago.

:Laugh:

3. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Good enough. Communities converging. Haa

4. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Why the eff did you post what you did about him at the 5 then? Did not read like sarcasm.

"Anyways...here’s the only time AD should play extended minutes at the 5 in the regular season. I would say that’s opportunistic."

Klutch and AD you act like were in the effing "dark" about his kicker and what the FO hoped to do with the roster post Clippersnake.

5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, it isn’t enough, those kids haven’t taken the next step and learned how to win yet. I’ve watched them in their first few games and even then they’re close and still lose it at the end, can’t close. As far as the all star play, I’ll give you that with Ingram, but not really Zo. His defense is really good as always, he’s making terrific passes, but he’s still only averaging 13.7 ppg, 6.7 assists, and 5 boards on overall %39 shooting. The FTs are a little better at %66, but that’s really only because he’s taken 6 and made 4, he still really lacks aggression going to the basket for contact and gets caught in the mid range a lot, where he doesn’t really have a reliable jumper so he passes back out or tries to force to the big in the paint.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

hart inclusion wasnt necessary, that had to do with clearing the deck for that snake salary

8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The way I remember it is Griffin was demanding everything plus the moon. They wanted Kuz, we gave Hart and more picks.

lakerjones likes this.
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, not sure there's a rebuttal to AD stating he was testing FA no matter what, but that doesn't seem to deter the vash narrative.

again, no sane person thinks AD should play zero minutes at center. if AD thinks that, he is also insane. but he doesn't. because he said so. multiple times. again, not going to get in the way of a good story...

Juronimo likes this.
  10. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

11. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

And it begins...

12. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

He was on the court with 3 minutes left and didn’t seem in any distress.

13. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hopefully it's minor.

14. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

He is fine,no injury.
    I am watching Lakers Nation on YouTube.

15. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Fake news! AD is posting about the Green Bay Packers so if there really was an injury, I doubt the guy would prioritize his time posting about the Packers.. Most likely, he went straight to the locker room to check the Packers highlights/score....

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Why isn’t he in the cryo chamber?!

:Dudleyshrug:

17. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

he's fine

but honestly its nerve-wracking as **** watching him play because of his injury history. i get scared everytime he hits the floor

Cookie, JSM, Jaguar and 2 others like this.
  18. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Seems like AD's shoulder was affecting him:

The dude needs to stop falling down every play. He's trying too hard out there at times.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  19. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

@abeer3 I think the narrative of him wanting his trade kicker before he agreed to forego it was real and not some story I concocted. But thanks for the credit. With his trade kicker we can at the very least offer an extension. With cap space we would be able to restructure his contract to max level (we needed 5.6m in cap space to do it though). So we're all sitting here alot more comfy if we could lock dude up, cause that seems like what he wants to. If you have the option to offer an extension, why not? He denies it, then that's really on him. Now it seems its more on us...

As one person close to him said when asked to explain how people should see the Lakers’ chances of retaining Davis here, “Just don’t f*** it up.”

Per Woj on June 15th:
    For now, the expectation is that the deal will be completed on July 6, the end of the free-agent moratorium, league sources told Wojnarowski and Bobby Marks. Assuming that Davis continues with his plan to accept his 15 percent trade bonus of $4 million, the Lakers will have $23.7 million in available salary cap space for free agency. Davis has the right to void the bonus.

Davis has long indicated privately that he plans to sign a new contract with the Lakers once he becomes eligible for free agency in 2020, sources said.

The Pelicans' return for Davis was substantial and perhaps even more impressive given that the market had shrunk on New Orleans, based upon rival teams believing he would ultimately become just a one-year rental before leaving for the Lakers next summer.

Per Ramona Shelburne on ESPN:

My understanding is he doesn’t intend to waive that. He’s due the four million dollars, and he’s going to keep it. But again, as you just noted in that monologue, things can change.

Per Rich Paul:
    When asked by Elhassan how he handles this type of request as an agent who has his own family to feed, Paul answered, “I asked what’s important to him. If it’s important for you to keep your money in your pocket that’s what we’ll do. But if it’s important for you to win, the more money you have available to go out and take talent then that’s what you do.” Paul added that this decision was not contingent on landing Kawhi Leonard.

Then on June 27th, 12 days after the trade had been agreed upon...

As for the center thing:
    For Davis, the desire to play alongside a true center is real. Davis is comfortable playing minutes at center during the playoffs, a league source told The Athletic but prefers a true big next to him over a full regular season.

I'm happy to keep discussing this with you guys (although others seem to be squeamish with this ride), but I just think there is enough out there that we can't fully trust free agency to work out completely in our favor, so it would have been ideal to have the option to lock up AD. And now that we can't, we should appease to every one of his wishes till we do lock him up next summer.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

He was so dominant out there during stretches. So good. 29 and 14 with three blocked shots? Yes, please!