Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Or maybe what happened is the only way it could have happened without falling apart completely. The truth will eventually come out. Why not just wait and give the FO the benefit of the doubt. I am so tired of all the negative takes. Been guilty of it myself. Our fanbase has been greatly manipulated.

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

We are going all in for that 3rd guy. Makes me think Kawhi, or like Butler are legit options.

alam1108, Barnstable, TIME and 4 others like this.
  3. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Tail: So very far between his legs.

alam1108, Khmrp, TIME and 3 others like this.
  4. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

I have a feeling Butler wants to come to the Lakers. I mean, it would be ideal. He would be playing with true vets, have a max deal, has the hollywood thing he likes and he can have a chance at winning titles for the next half decade. Butler is in his prime, he turns 30 in September. He has 4 years of prime ball left. Perfect position too. Lakers need a 2 guard who can shoot, play defense, have a little attitude and can hit big shots. He will be getting a crap load of open shots too with Lebron and AD doing their thing.

alam1108, TIME, lakerfan2 and 3 others like this.
  5. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

F* it. I’m going all in. Welcome home Kawhi!

6. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

7. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

This is 100% correct. All the trash that has gone on has been 95% trash. I am not going into the details but a team that is supposedly ran by a bunch of jackholes just had, in my opinion, the best player in the league demand his way there. And last year we got the best player at that time and is still a top 4 player. So, with that, I implore every Laker fan to support the Lakers and ignore the parasitic trash of a media and let the Lakers do their thing. Because lately, it's been pretty damn good.

Toklat likes this.
  8. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I agree with Pete here. It was clear from minute one to me that no one knew full details of the trade.

tada, TIME, OmarE and 2 others like this.
  9. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Vash...we wouldn't have to give up Kuz actually...we need to give up Mo/Bonga/JJ though to another team to match the salaries in the AD trade (assuming he waives his trade kicker).

And now, Woj is reporting literally exactly this scenario right after the Mavs guy reported it FIRST. Back tracking season has begun

D-Fish Man and Juronimo like this.
  10. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Haha.. it appears that Woj/Bobby are late to the party and acting like that's new news.

Dudes were probably already part of the AD deal as "throw-ins" with the principles being Zo/BI/Hart/4th.

If JJ's option is going to be picked up then we have 32m in cap space BEFORE an AD trade.

Let's say we trade for AD FIRST (ie 4th has $0 value in trade) and everybody goes except Kuz:

Bron 37.4m
    AD 27.1m
    Kuz 2m
    Deng dead cap 5m
    Incomplete roster charge 8m
    = 79.5m (cap space 29.5m)

Let's say AD gets traded AFTER we have our max guy take pen to paper on a deal starting at 32m then AD can still activate 40% (1.6m of his 4.1m) of his trade kicker with Zo/BI/Hart/Moe/Bonga/JJ/unsigned 4th heading out.

Had we waited 30 days, the benefit is we would've spared Moe, Bonga, JJ from the deal.

Cookie, lakerfan2 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    To add to this, what is the one thing folks always gave Rob props on? It was that he was super smart and knows the CBA inside and out largely because he had to while he was an agent. Rob may be a shady person, but that doesn't mean he just becomes dumb and would jeopardize his own reputation because he didn't work out about 5-10 possibilities or scenarios to get us to another max player. He's very aware I'm sure of these dates, details.

We just need to let this all play out

Cookie and TIME like this.
  12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

OK have not been following all day but have seen enough to understand there's a 2nd way to get to the 3rd max salary Leonard or Butler would need besides delaying the trade (please gawd) until August. It has Wagner, Bongo and Jones going out too. OK, I guess with Wagner but not thrilled. Still no big deal to land one of those two.

But I am also seeing Kuzma's name lumped in there as well! Please say this isn't happening and he ALSO as the last of all our promising and most talented kids ..... is not going to have to be sacrificed. WTF .... over?

Helljumper likes this.
  13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

The media cohorts need to start dogging Woj. That guy is becoming a piece of s*** with his information. Seriously, this is starting to get stupid.

alam1108, Cookie and JSM like this.
  14. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Jeanie says no one touches my Kuz.

alam1108, LTLakerFan and OX1947 like this.
  15. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

hahahahahahahahahha!!!!!!!

16. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

If we don't give up Kuz, we don't have a max slot (29.5m).

So that Dallas insider is suggesting we trade the farm for AD, when we could spare Moe, Bonga and JJ if we waited a month to make it official and AD would also be able to getgis full trade kicker.

The only thing that's changed is that our 4th can no longer be aggregated since it has zero value in a trade if they are unsigned. So Moe, Bonga, JJ will take the 4th's place with the benefit being that we can do the AD trade asap instead of waiting a month.

Also a max slot if 32m is only able in July if we sign the max free agent 1st and then execute the AD trade after.

Nothings really changed...it's just the timeline got pushed forward at the expense of losing more assets.

But if it's for a Kawhi, AD and Bron triumvirate would be nuts, whipping the the blocks off the league...so who really cares. It's just that keeping Moe, Bonga and JJ would have been extra cherries on top. And it would only have cost us 30 days.

17. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Wait so, if I understand this, there's a way to get the 3rd max contract without having to wait 30 days, along with AD and we keep Kuz?

Or we don't keep Kuz?

18. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

:ShaqOh2:

19. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Right. if AD wants his trade kicker AND we want max cap space when free agency starts on July 1, we'd have to dump Kuz/Moe/Jones/Bonga to a 3rd team.

HOWEVER, if AD WAIVES his trade kicker AND we want max cap space when free agency starts on July 1, we'd have to dump only Moe/Bonga/Jones to a 3rd team and we'd KEEP KUZ. THIS is the more likely scenario as I'm sure AD will be willing to waive his trade bonus IF it guarantees us a 3rd superstar with the max cap space.

And yes...it's still better for us to push this out to July 30 if we can...but even if we can't? No big deal. We can still get $32M if we MATCH salaries in the AD deal contingent on AD waiving his trade bonus (which I'm sure he will).

20. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

I'm major PISSED if we had to give up every last f****** one of all our great picks. Work something else out and keep Kuz. Get them their 4 million some other way.

:KobePoint:

Cookie likes this.