Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

That’s exactly what I suspect. They are working overtime to make it sound like we got worked.

They can easily back peddle if none of this is true.

I wouldn’t get too worked up about it right now honestly.

Purp n Gold likes this.
  2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Its Griffin, a seasoned pro, negotiating with an amateur in Pelinka who is being guided by a moron in Rambis. There is absolutely a way the Lakers make that deal.

3. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Pelinka is a cap wizard, he's not an amateur. This article is BS, Woj is a f***ing idiot.

4. Savory Griddles

It's not about his cap wizardry. It's about him caving to Griffin to get the deal done despite Griffin having very little leverage.

johnnyboy and 432J like this.
  5. ElginTheGreat

6. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Lakers traded blood clots and 45% guard from the free throw line and a bunch of draft picks in the future that mean nothing. Some of you people really need to stop reading laker hater analysts or you'll turn into one. For some of you, it's too late.

Lakers got a 26 year old player who drops 50-18-7 games and can do anything on the court.

Lakers fleeced the Pelicans not the other way around.

alam1108, DeeZee, Wino and 7 others like this.
  7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I'll be interested to see their games when possible. Will be fun to watch and root for.

Cookie likes this.
  8. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

Ok so from what I read- getting AD is massive win for the organization. But not having the cap space for a 3rd max is a disaster?

If we indeed end up with sub-max cap space, giving which picks/swaps would be fair? Hypothetically. Honest question.

To me in a vacuum - 4th/Ingram/Ball/Hart is fair. Its very difficult to place a value on future picks.

9. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    I have a hard time believing AD won’t waive his 4 million kicker. Pelicans have to pay that if he does and Rich Paul would not handicap the Lakers.

The part that is concerning is July 6th vs July 30. Rob better have no given that “extra” compensation to make the Lakers come up short from the beginning. That’s ridiculous. Pelicans go from 19 to 15 million with waiting so we should send 4 million in cash to make up for that.

Lakers still in a great spot at 27 million and could easily dump Moe/Bonga and get a future 2nd that doesn’t convey to get to 29 million. At that point I can see a top player taking a pay cut for a year.

alam1108, Weezy, D-Fish Man and 2 others like this.
  10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Lakers 6th Man -

If the Lakers end up with “only” $23 mil in cap space... I bet we end up using it to resign KCP and a middle of the pack point guard

11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Guys like Woj and all these hacks have so many people on a string, its embarrassing.

12. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'

For those that don’t know, this is a guy on the same level so to speak as Cuffs. Basically don’t believe the negative press.

13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Actually it is. That's the topic of discussion. The cap number. And Pelinka knows the cap game as good as anyone. That was his job as an agent for 20 years.

14. Savory Griddles

My point is just because he knows that's the magic number like the rest of us do, doesn't mean he didn't buckle and feel like he had to throw in everything to get the deal done. He doesn't even have to be a cap wizard to know that as this entire board basically knows it. I'm just worried he wanted to close the AD deal so bad he let a seasoned GM with practically zero leverage bully him.

15. ElginTheGreat

Yeah. I wasn’t buying those reports.

16. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Unfortunately, it seems as if there's misinformation floating around. But let's say the Woj report is true..

Long story short...we would be screwed in our max guy pursuit if the trade is official in July.

As of right now, we have 32m in cap space. After the AD trade (in July) the unsigned #4 pick will hold zero salary value to aggregate in a deal. So it will only involve the aggregation of Zo/BI/Hart which is about 18m. However the #4 caphold of 7.1m comes off our books for net space of 39.1m.

Since both Nawlins and us have cap space and are not tax payers, the 18m in aggregation can bring back up to 23m in salary. So..

If AD doesn't activate his trade kicker: 4.1m of his 27.1m contract will be absorbed by our cap space while 23m will be traded for via the aggregation of Zo/BI/Hart. But that just makes the deal work legally, when in actuality the aggregated 18m is replaced by 27.1m, so our cap of 39.1 turns to 30m.

In addition the trade creates 3 additional empty roster spots (AD in, 1.Zo, 2.BI, 3.Hart, 4.#4caphold out) leading to a 2.7m incomplete roster cap charge. So that leads to our potential 32m in cap space dwindling down to 27.3m.

If AD activates his 15% trade kicker 27.1 + 4.1 = 31.2m), that cap space dwindles even further to 23.2m.

One thing to note is that the BRI was projected to be lower which is why the cap was predicted to be 109m. But the BRI appears to be more now, so that will lead to the cap increasing past 109m...so we could gain more cap space as a result, butax free agents will also have their true max readjusted as well.

Hope that answers your question bro.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  17. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

You know, for a s***ty run organization the Lakers sure have a lot of stars who want to come here. Arguably the two best players in the NBA the last two years made their way to the Lakers. Man, Lakers sure are running a crappy team here.

Evidence doesnt support that brainless mouths out in the world.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    D-Fish Man likes this.
  18. ElginTheGreat

In other words, those guys are just throwing crap at the wall and aren’t sure.

432J, lakerjones and OX1947 like this.
  19. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Doesn't seem like it's ever going to sink in for many of you that the media's job is to make you angry so you read their trash. So, I guess it's a futile effort for anyone to try to convince everyone what's really going on. I'll leave it at this though.

Last year the Lakers were the 4th seed after finishing off the Warriors on Christmas. They were a couple games away from the 1 seed. Unfortunately Lebron got injured and the rest is history. While everyone is blaming Lebron getting injured for the derailing of the Lakers last year, if you go look at the Toronto when Kawhi was out for 22 games, the Raptors went 17-5. So, now, I need to understand something here. Did anyone know who the hell Fred Vanfleet was during the season? Did anyone know who the hell Pascal Siakam was? Serge Ibaka was washed up and done, correct? Why is it that those unknowns and washed up players were able to still win with out their star yet the number 2 overalls on the Lakers couldn't?

Wait, the Lakers just got fleeced right in the trade for AD? But I thought BI and Lonzo sucked because they couldn't win without Lebron being there? Wait, I am so confused on all the different categories and contradictions that I don't know what's real anymore.

Here is the reality of everything. Once the Lakers decide on a 3rd star or filling the team out, either way, the Lakers will have Lebron James who averaged 27-8-8 in his none prime year. Yes, getting 27-8-8 is now out of your prime. You have AD who might win the MVP next year who just turned 26 and can play all positions and plays D AND can shoot. Then you have Kyle Kuzma who keeps getting better and has the Laker blood in him from day one, AND you will have players clamoring to come play in LA, I mean, what else needs to be said?

Enjoy the reality of the Lakers. If you keep paying too much attention to losers like Woj or Stein or Simers or Bayless's, you will be just as miserable as any of the other clowns who act like Laker fans.

20. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    I agree. Same line of thinking