Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

To paraphrase my buddy, i’m thrilled I never have to stare into the cold dark abyss that is Brandon Igram’s dead eyes ever again.

Barnstable likes this.
  2. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

I loved the young guys but this is a roll you have to take. Despite the front office confusion we are making good moves. Turns out we have the right coach for this situation and getting AD will open the door for free agents wanting to come. We draft so well I'm not worried about position. This will get Lebron out of cruise control mode. Javale and Caruso will be important to secure. Want to win championships have to take chances. Besides, rolling the dice is easier when you have some control on how they land. AD is so good you just about can't over pay.

3. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Doesn’t work out for me means we don’t win a championship in the next 2 years. NO controls most of our draft picks till 2025. We will have nothing to work with and Lebron has at best 2 more seasons. Sure we have AD and can start again but I really wanted to keep a couple kids. Especially after learning what a haul we gave up and will continue to give up with all these unprotected draft picks/swaps. We went all in, it’s championship or bust.

4. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Oh yes, Kawhi is the ultimate prize. Any reports of his injury being degenerative, or is that your assumption?

I agree with your take on the other guys.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

what if he gets back on his injury plague days?

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

where this kawahi has degenerative injury stuff come from? tor was just doing him a favor n wanted to ensure his health for the playoffs....same was said a few yrs ago bout bradly beal ( in regards to not being able to play 60+gms a season)...that has been true at all

7. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Yeah... Doesn't sound much worse than what we're endured the last 5 Years..

8. Paperplanes

Paperplanes - Rookie -

Happy the deal went through. Down to go after Kawhi but after that, not sure im sold on maxing out kemba or butler. Golden State showed how fragile it can be if you are too top heavy. Raptors had one superstar surrounded by semi all star level players. None were lottery picks. Milwaukee, Denver, Houston, are all similar.

9. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

From what I understand, I was fairly deep into trading for kawhi last season before Toronto got him, that his quad tendon is a chronic injury that is degenerative from here on out. The quad tendon in his knee is sore after every game now.

It won’t be anything that ever fully heals, but with proper load management, he can give you a playoffs like he just did provided he doesn’t flare it up. But you can’t ride him in the regular season.

Big Mamma Jamma, abeer3 and tada like this.
  10. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Warriors being top heavy is a massive fallacy. Durant had a freak injury and Klay had the same. If they don't have that freak injury, they win the title. It wasn't because they didnt have depth. Depth had nothing to do with it, you need those two on your team to win the title.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  11. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

The silver lining...is our scout team.

They normally hit on lower first rounders, so the swaps won't kill us entirely.

On the flip tho..losing all those picks with our scouting team.

Big Mamma Jamma and Cookie like this.
  12. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I see, thanks. That's definitely something to look out for. We have to build a deep team around him.

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

what are you getting that degnerative stuff from? i remember same reports surface a few yrs ago bout bradly Beal but he seems fine (not same injury but similar game limitations)

14. raviator

raviator - Rookie -

Checked my phone for the first time and bam! Traded for AD. Nice! So I feel like this trade has completed the circle which got us to this point in the first place, the vetoed trade that set us back for a few years, NO gets the number one pick that year, we become bad and collect number 2 picks, and now 2 of those number 2s and a 4th pick are traded for that same number 1 pick. It sounds like a lot but if you want something good, you have to give up a lot. I am sad to see Lonzo and BI go, but we got freakin Anthony Davis, I can get over it.

Barnstable, D-Fish Man and Weezy like this.
  15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I have to laugh at this. I get we gave up a lot, but the narrative suddenly out of nowhere that we did a Nets-level deal is silly. Silly as the media suddenly saying NO got the greatest deal ever and our kids are suddenly for sure stars going forward when they were supposedly garbage weeks ago. It wasn’t even long ago some in the media were saying Ingram had zero trade value because of the blood clot issue

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

shows age n still uses that logic lol

17. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    I honestly think BI was not happy here and wouldn't come back. Notice lebron hasn't posted anything about the young guys leaving? Just about AD?

18. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Kawhi suffers from tendinopathy, which is the deterioration of the tendon. It’s an injury caused by tendon degeneration. The treatment is slowly strengthening the tendon and surrounding musculature. But it has a tendency to flare up and become inflamed - at which point you just rest it.

It’s different to tendinitis which is acute inflammation and can be quickly treated with a few days rest and anti inflammatory injections like cortisol.

Basically, kawhi has a health bar on his quad, if it falls below a certain amount, let’s say 70% he has to stop and let it rebuild with rest and strengthening - so basically no back to backs and load management. If he lets it fall to below 50% he has to take a large amount of time off as seen in his last spurs season. And the timetable on return is totally down to how his tendon responds to rest - so totally random. That’s why you can’t ride him in the regular season and why Toronto and Clippers are good teams for him due to depth.

Big Mamma Jamma and tada like this.
  19. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Lakers 6th Man -

Fair enough... but point I was making is we have a legit franchise player to build around post LeBron that the pick swaps shouldn’t mater that much.

Using 2023 as a example, if Ingram isn’t the target... Ben Simmons would be a free agent too once his rookie extension comes up. He’s also a Klutch client... just sayin’ lol

raviator, alam1108 and Weezy like this.
  20. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Hypocrisy wants they knew AD was a lock for LA. In a way, it sorta helps us to not sound like we stole AD.