Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

So, according to you, the Lakers and Bulls are both willing to pull the trigger, correct? And if Griffin is displeased, what else is he looking for that would make him happy? IDK if you're privy or not to that information.

My guess is: he's not happy getting an All-Star. However, if he's getting back lottery pick(s) (present & future), impact pieces that can help right away w/upside to improve, and with the ability to move forward and draft the next best prospect since Anthony Davis in Zion, I'd say he is doing the best job he can under the circumstances.

Of course that's dependent on where those pick(s), which I'm sure are both top 10, and the prospects (mostly Lakers players) can play and do have upside. Do you know if Lavine is involved in this deal?

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  2. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

2nd best. Zion is a generational talent.

Heej likes this.
  3. LaVarBallsDad

I love the draft; everybody is a generational talent...:Laugh::Laugh:

Toneloc, Cookie, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  4. lakerfan2

I knew that package looked a little weak for them. They’re not getting Ingram or the 4th, and Lavine isn’t much of value either. The Bulls need to send a little more.

I think we should revisit Washington. Beal might be a more attractive piece to parlay.

5. LaVarBallsDad

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...ards-trade-anthony-davis-multi-team-deal-espn

6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I think BI has always had the greatest upside of any of our young players. IQ, length, D, ability to drive. The only thing that really hurts him is his inconsistent outside shot, but that's the easiest fix.

Lonzo is very, very good at some important things. He's a brilliant passer, great defender and gets the offense moving. His three ball isn't so bad but he obviously needs work on his finishes and drives, his free throws (his biggest weakness so far in the NBA), and he needs to be consistent with his outside shooting. I'll live with that given the good he brings to the table.

Kuzma is our most versatile scorer - and he makes it all look pretty easy, although he too needs work on his three ball. Problem is he plays the same position as AD and his D is very suspect.

I always thought that Griffin coveted Ingram and he would be the center piece of the AD trade. Surprised to hear talk of Kuzma who plays the same position as Zion. But maybe Kuz would play SF?

At any rate if we can keep any of these three and still get AD that would be perfect. That would be a big win. Of the three BI is probably our best player and could be a nice fit if he continues to improve his shooting. Zo could also be a fantastic fit with AD and Lebron. Kuzma has been a nice complementary scorer alongside Lebron but his D really handicaps what he can be on our team. 6th man scorer as others have mentioned is probably his best role. Of the three he's the first guy I give up although he's on that cheap contract which is appealing.

7. NinjaMonkey

NinjaMonkey - Rookie -

So Beal is out interesting, seems that would put more pressure on the pelicans to just get something done.

8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I want AD bad... but i want to see the Pelicans screwed even more. Any deal after the draft will be worse, than what we're giving up now. Every deal close to a deadline will be a joke. Let him walk for nothing you bunch of greedy and stubborn d***s.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  9. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

No one gives a flying rats behind about the New Orleans Peckericans. Zion will want to get traded from there in 6 years eventually and that will likely get them to move finally. Lottery may have saved them in New Orleans, however, no one in New Orleans gives two s***s about the Pelicans. I have friends in Baton Rouge and he said they didnt even know who Zion was until draft day. They are a Saints town.

No one loses more not getting AD than the Lakers. Lakers need to win titles now or all the trash that has happened the last 6 years is for nothing.

10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This is from yesterday, surprised I hadn’t seen it before. I guess it isn’t news, but you’d think it matters because it’s from LeBron’s mouthpiece

11. lakerfan2

I’m standing by Sunday night Monday morning break. Pels are going need to start evaluating talent at the draft spots over the last few days.

alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  12. LaVarBallsDad

Yep. SOTY!!

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

Windy looks like Grimace! LOL!

upload_2019-6-15_14-22-13.jpeg

Kenzo, alam1108, Weezy and 5 others like this.
  14. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Well, Steven A is a Clown, so this works on multiple levels..

TIME, lakerfan2, Kenzo and 5 others like this.
  15. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think I read somewhere that Windy isn't Lebron's mouthpiece anymore and has been cut out of the loop a little bit since Lebron came to the Lakers.

16. BigSmoove

BigSmoove - Rookie -

He's not. Dude was giving the Lakers no chance to sign Bron last summer lol.

Big Mamma Jamma and lakerfan2 like this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

If Griffin is thinking clearly (which I don't see why he wouldn't be) he probably isn't too concerned with the Lakers right now. He will have a 19 yr old Zion who even if he is everything everyone thinks he will be, is a good 5 years away from leading a team to a title. By that point Lebron will likely be retired and AD will be on the wrong side of 30. The Pelicans are working towards a title window of 2024 or so.

18. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

^ they're not. Zion is out of there first chance he gets (we'll second, like every young player) ;)

19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Well if he’s not he’s sure been working hard to get back in. He defends LeBron and Rich Paul every chance he gets.

20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Then why are they interested in getting an All Star right now with the trade. Doesn’t fit their timeline at all. Zion should be enough to sell tickets.

Big Mamma Jamma and Weezy like this.