Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Lakers 6th Man -

Imagine the irony of it all if Brooklyn actually lands AD over the Lakers because they were able to offer DLo in a sign and trade.... while we traded him to make cap space in hopes of landing a free agent last year or this year lol

2. Miggggy

Miggggy - Rookie -

Saying he’s off the table does not mean he’s really off the table. It’s obvious that they’ll let go of SGA if it means landing AD.

Just compare what the Clips are doing now with Saying SGA is off the table vs Magic announcing everyone is available...

Magic cratered the value of our players but LAC saying SGA is not available makes him more interesting imo

3. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I mean in theory, yes, but in the real world that’s laughable to even float out there if I’m the Clippers. I wouldn’t even entertain offers without SGA if I’m NO, he’s one of the only good young players the Clippers have to offer. This is like when when keeping it real goes wrong, they played themselves.

[​IMG]

Toneloc likes this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

This is getting hilarious. People are really still thinking Boston trades for AD. Ainge has sat on draft picks so long they have essentially become worthless compared to what their potential value once was, but now that their one star is leaving they’re going to trade all their young pieces to replace him and get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round. Yeah, ok.

Cookie and alam1108 like this.
  5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

so what leverage when you mention all 3 of zo, kuz and ingram and the 4th to boot?

6. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Wouldn't DLO have to agree to a S&T? If so, I doubt he'd want to go to a small market like New Orleans. He seems happy in Brookln and from reports he's got multiple teams interested if the Nets don't want him back.

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

magics, pho are 2 teama i think would gladly pay him, heck maybe nyk pay him if they miss out on kyrie to the nets

8. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Miggy: Once upon a time our GM called our rookie point guard transcendent (who cares if he was lying or not) and our president labeled BI untouchable (who cares if he's no longer here or not):

When the Lakers stood pat and waited out George's and currently Kawhi's free agency, the majority of Laker fans lost their s***. So at the deadline, our final offer was rumored to involve all our untouchables and valuable assets and they were promised not to be part of the same package this summer, but Nawlins got caught up in their feelings. So I guess damned if you do, damned if you don't. Our FO has stumbled along the way, but they weren't entirely in the wrong as some fans and the media would have you believe.

Moving on, the wildest thing to me is that Boston is still floated as a favored landing spot for AD. Y'all remember when AD was on Bron's Shop?

So when Poppa AD decides to make a rare appearance in the limelight, he decides to do this:

[​IMG]

Hey Danny, they just not into you bruh. Leave it alone.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  9. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

yeah, he isn't going to willingly join the pelicans over all those other bigger market teams.

10. vasashi17

Plus there is literally no benefit to Dlo to participating in a s&t. He doesn't get paid more if he does so, since the Nets would have to renounce his current bird rights and trade him for a minimum 3 year deal so that the Pels earn his bird rights (this prevents a loophole). In that type of deal, DLo is looking at 5% annual escalators compared to the 8% he would have gotten had his bird rights been retained.

Also what's the benefit to the Pels for doing this if they have cap room of about 17m and can get up to 20m to outright present an offer sheet for DLo (assuming Jules opts out and goes elsewhere with Zion taking up that vacated cap space) and the Pels can even get up to DLo's 27m max if the Hill and/or Moore expiring contracts can be incentivized and moved like Crabbe's).

Bottomline a S&t involving DLo is highly unlikely cause it benefits no one other than the Nets. Pels and DLo would surely balk at any attempt.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Cookie, alam1108, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  11. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Completely agree vash, these rumors are just silly.

AD is only signing an extension with a select number of teams. Among those teams, none of them can even match Ingram + #4. The Knicks for instance.... Ingram is better than RJ Barrett and the #4 is better than Knox/Robinson combined. Not to mention Ball, Kuzma, and Hart. Our assets are on a completely different tier and it's not even close.

I'd just up our offer to Ingram, Hart, #4 and future picks. Let them sit on that until the deadline and if they ask for Kuz at the last minute, seal the deal. If they don't call, move on. At that point they're trying to rip us off.

LTLakerFan, lakerfan2 and Punk-101 like this.
  12. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I think the problem is salaries matching, we can't just offer BI without Zo. Cap management inadvertently lost us our boys if we proceed with this trade.

alam1108 likes this.
  13. vasashi17

Sounds like good strategy to me bro. Hope the art of negotiation isnt met by idiots on the other end. Griff at the helm gives me a reason to believe it won't.

This guy hasn't read the cap thread.

[​IMG]

KareemtheGreat33 and tada like this.
  14. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I kind of saw that before and didn't read it because it was from you:Kobe Snickering:TLDR you know. I read it, Good job breaking it down

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. vasashi17

KTG33: Why do I feel a "good job" coming from you looks like this?

[​IMG]
    Haha

Anyways, Danny is back at it again... deploying his minions to drive the narrative. Expect Woj to chime in shortly.

16. BigSmoove

BigSmoove - Rookie -

Was waiting for Ainge's butt buddy to chime in lol. I wanna see all the proposals where the C Bags have to give up Tatum, Brown, picks, first born kids, Larry Bird's old dirty jockstrap, etc. Or is it just the Lakers that have to gove up the farm?

Cookie, alam1108, Weezy and 3 others like this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I don't think the Boston package is better than the Lakers. Even if they send out Tatum in it, I honestly believe Ingram is a better all-around player than Tatum by himself. Let alone the #4 pick and Lonzo being in the mix. That being said. If Boston were to get Davis for Tatum, Smart and a truckload of picks, they could make noise in the East. Brown and Hayward would know their roles on that team (And Hayward could return to pre-leg explosion form). Rozier could get comfortable in the pg position. Davis and Horford in the front court? It's not a title contender, but it is a second round team in the East. Davis MIGHT decide to stay.

abeer3 likes this.
  18. vasashi17

Yeah, it's insane! I'm convinced Ballmer and Wyc/Ainge have paid off media personnel to drive their propaganda.

You know even if AD isn't cbag bound, Danny will do everything he can to drive up the AD asking price so that the cbags still win a trade where the don't get the prize...as long as the Lakers lose.

Griff's a respectful exec, but I'm sure he won't mind Danny doing him that type of solid.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

boston could offer: tatum/brown/smart/mem pick/other generally useless 1sts
    we can offer: ingram/ball/kuz/4th pick/other generally useless 1sts

the packages are fairly similar at the all-in level, imo. that memphis pick is probably going to be lower than 4, but with the new lotto system and it being unprotected after next year...it's possible it beats #4 in a weak draft.

i sincerely doubt ainge is willing to go with that offer, though--especially given how things have gone of late in boston. i DO think we're willing to go that far if we have to.

i'd also like to thank magic and company for overruling our scouts and handing the knicks one of their centerpieces in the AD proposals. but we got wagner, whom we didn't and probably won't play. if we had robinson, the knicks would be all the way out of the AD sweepstakes, imo.

20. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I just have this bad feeling that behind the scenes, Pelinka is probably like, “look, Linda, can I call you that? Ok. Miss Rambis, look, I know negotiating. It’s what I do. It’s how I got this job. Lemme do my thing. It’s a dance. A ballet. A give and take. You don’t just-“ BREAKING NEWS: Anthony Davis traded to the C Bags.

OmarE, Cookie, alam1108 and 4 others like this.