Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I cant agree with this. If we have a trade lined up for AD or even Beal, maybe we try this. But adding Vucevic to this roster and, let's say, Garland is not a contender.

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    We’re not getting any big free agent signings this offseason.

What a steaming pile of crap we’ve become. Thankfully it’s not all my favorite player’s fault.

Kenzo likes this.
  3. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

abeer3 and Weezy like this.
  5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Here we go again give them everyone. Hell no. 2 of those guys and go from there if Kawhi comes first. If not keep the kids and build a damn team around what we have and LeBron and with that money wisely.

alam1108, SamsonMiodek and Khmrp like this.
  6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I said the Pelicans really like Zo the other day and was told he actually has like zero value to other teams. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Damn though, Zo, Ingram, AND Kuz? I assume the 4th pick too. I want AD, but man, it would have to be those 3 and future picks or the #4 pick and 2 of those guys. I still don’t buy the Pelicans won’t deal with us too, Griffin is not an idiot, he’ll take the best deal offered, and it’s been said that he likely doesn’t take that job if he didn’t have the authority to do so.

alam1108 likes this.
  7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

no need to do veil shots, I NEVER said he had no value, I said his value isn't as high as we think it is, thus you seen the requirement is STILL ALL of the youths and the pick

8. Weezy

How is that a shot? I stated what happened in our discussion the other day. I didn’t even say you were wrong, I was saying this “report” is saying the Pelicans like Zo best of all our young players, thus to them his value is high. The same was said at the trade deadline in the leaks, that the Pelicans really wanted Zo, that’s why his camp put it out there that he didn’t want to go to NO and I think that’s maybe even when they tried to get him unauthorized surgery. This was your post for clarification.

You’re right, you did say his value isn’t as high as we think, but then you went on to state as fact rather than opinion that he’s seen as an injury prone mediocre talent with a dad nobody wants a part of, which to me is pretty much the same as saying he has no value. Of course NO would want all our youth right off the bat, that’s how negotiations work, especially when we’re talking about a guy who was an MVP candidate 2 seasons ago and who I think should have won over Harden. The fact that Zo, Ingram, and Kuz might even be able to get it done at all is really something.

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

IF his value to them was that high, they would not ask for the entire core still along with the pick, yes negotiations start that way but that is how Pelicans see the sums off those guys is whats valuable to them, if Zo value was off the charts to them they would lement and allow us to keep 1 of the 3, which I dont see happening. How you interpret my comments turning into "no value" is of your own volition.

10. sirronstuff

my reaction to anything coming out of NO?

Whatever.

11. Weezy

Where did I say his value is off the charts, what’s with the hyperbole? I said the Pelicans really like him. And again, this is Anthony Davis, the combined value of Zo, Ingram, and Kuz does not equal an Anthony Davis. Of course the Pelicans would ask for that, regardless of the actual value of those players. Every team wants to “win” every trade, they’re not going to do us any favors and say “ok, you can keep one of them” even if they friggin love Zo, they’d still ask for all the kids because they can. In the end I hope if a trade happens that we CAN keep one of them after negotiating a while, but they’re not going to be that nice to us, especially because it is us and all the crap that went down at the deadline caused bad blood.

12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

thats fine, I'm not in line with that thinking that Ad deserves ALL Of that in return....mvp candidate yes but where's the winning? Lebrons taken worser teams further, Harden prior to CP3 has taken his Rockets teams to more playoff appearances, and so on. IF that is what it takes to get him, we better see what offer's we did beat, Bos is offering anything not including tatum, or NY offer was all those scrubs and no Robinson (I dont even see much of an appeal just another chandle type), then we got hosed

13. sirronstuff

watch that trade go through, NO ends up being the exciting up and coming team in the league, and our 3 stars Lebron, AD, and whoever else all miss significant time with injuries and finish behind them in the standings.

:Koberubeyes:

LTLakerFan and Khmrp like this.
  14. Weezy

And that circles back to why I’m concerned about Rob. He’s a novice, he’s shown his negotiating skills aren’t the greatest, and he’s going up against seasoned vets like Griffin and Ainge. Rob seems to take the shark agent lowball approach, and then be baffled when it doesn’t work. I assume Magic was probably the one offering the house, so there was no middle ground for them. It’s true what they said on 710 that technically the PBO title was created for Magic, but that actual position had been in place a long time. Jerry West was GM, Mitch was assistant GM, same basic system. Jim was Vice PBO, Mitch was GM, same basic system. Now, we just have a GM and he apparently has to run his ideas by Kurt, Linda, Tim Harris, Joey and Jesse, maybe Ryan West and then report to Jeanie, who probably then runs things by Phil Jackson, and maybe Linda, Kurt, and Harris again. It’s a mess. There should be a much more simplified system in place.

Juronimo and Cookie like this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Who wouldn't? That's a great young team if you are starting over. We had the best offer of course, despite the east coast media slant about how the C Bags had a better package. Not sure all of those guys will be on the table if this comes back around. Maybe they will. Right now NO has to approach us if they want a deal, not the other way around.

alam1108 likes this.
  16. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    If we get a Kawhi, Kyrie, Jimmy, KD in FA, I fully expect everything to be on the table for AD and a lesser package for Beal.

You want to shut everyone up, walk in to media day with a trio of Lebron, Kawhi, AD or some combo of the above.

Everything goes back to normal with two moves.

17. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Our first move HAS to be a Free Agent anyway. Kyrie, Kawhi, whoever, it has to be set. We can't trade for AD then sign a FA, that is known.

It would be pointless for us to make a trade now. The only thing is what to do with the #4 pick when the time comes. Are we negotiating with Griffin to land someone we both think would stay here or be worth putting in a package so that when the time comes, they get who they wanted?

It's gets a little hairy there, but it all hinges on that first domino to fall for us.

Cookie and Khmrp like this.
  18. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

What makes this complicated, is that if you have to get the FA first, then does that make NO less willing to trade with us? For instance, if Kawhi come here, might NO be a little bit more reluctant to trade us AD, creating a juggernaut in the process? I assume NO will take the best offer no matter the stakes, but man...

19. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

That's the other side of it, if we do end up with a Kawhi type of player, they might request even more. Right now, they'll probably take BI, Zo, and #4 no problem, but that'll keep us from signing anyone else. Add a big name to that, they'll ask for Kuz too.

If we already have Kawhi/Kyrie, I'd be fine with rollin with the young guns + #4. No need to send the farm.

20. BigSmoove

BigSmoove - Rookie -