Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I read into that as Ainge trying to force the Lakers into having to give up more than they wanted to and force New Orleans to wait until the offseason instead of trading at the deadline for the possibility of acquiring Tatum and a chance of a high lottery pick. All since Boston couldn’t make a move this season.

Unfortunately for Boston, a few factors have now caused them to take a few steps back in their leverage. Kyrie is likely on his way out, Rozier with his comments about Kyrie being on the team, Tatum slightly regressing from last seasons form, and not hitting on any draft picks in the lottery.

The main factor is Kyrie likely to affect AD’s decision to stay, and thus Ainge’s reluctance to part with Tatum. The majority of Boston fans I’ve interacted with have the same mentality.

2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Why would you interact with C bag fans? Or do you mean troll them like the drunk from NO coming in here a few days ago? LOL did he get banned already?

3. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Lol. In comments sections of articles. I just see that they all wouldn’t trade Tatum for AD.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

More new chiefs in the front office

abeer3, Kenzo and Toneloc like this.
  5. Toneloc

Toneloc - Rookie -

the alaskan assassin...

abeer3 and 432J like this.
  6. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

More Chicago ball rumors...this time KC Johnson at the Tribune:

Also the Pels looking to go young with some emphasis being shown toward G-League development...that seems to go against the keep AD narrative.

Also look at that, Griff the Prez is delegating day to day tasks to his new GM, yet like tampering Magic is held to a different standard. Haters gonna hate.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  7. LTLakerFan

@Toklat back in the day?

Toklat likes this.
  8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

So what does the trade look like then?

Ball to the Bulls
    AD to the Lakers
    Ingram, Hart, Dunn, #4, #7 and a Laker future first to the Pelicans

Sign Kawhi.

AD
    Lebron
    Kuz
    Kawhi
    A Ripe Dingleberry

Am I the only one worried that we might be turning the Pelicans into a juggernaut? Ingram plus Zion plus let's say Garland (who I'm really starting to think could end up being the 2nd or 3rd best player in this draft)...

tada, Big Mamma Jamma and abeer3 like this.
  9. LTLakerFan

Sure but the other half of that reality in NO is not going to be the new GM not being able to find the PBO and get answers to issues and interact with in expedient fashion on a continuing basis because Griffin is out of the office 60-70% of the time (or whatever it was with Magic) because Griffin has a whole other Business Empire to make decisions on and run and be spokesperson for.

:Shaqfunnyface:

Big Mamma Jamma and abeer3 like this.
  10. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I’d personally pick AD and Kawhi even with a fading Bron over those guys at any point in their careers to be honest.

11. LTLakerFan

.... inserted as 5th starter in our lineup

:Laugh:

12. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

pels ain't trading AD to LA

lakers need to set their sights on vucevic

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

agree on first point, but disagree on second point.

the goal is signing a worthy 32 million dollar max player this summer, and vucevic doesn't fit the bill for me. kyrie or kawhi. (klay and kd aren't happening). i'd even consider butler if he'd listen--and if only to keep him from the opt-in and trade to houston that they're working on.

i could be sold on spending that 32 million on two or three useful role players, but they would have be on shorter deals.

key is maintaining flexibility, and we can still open up a max slot next year as long as we don't take on long term salary beyond that general number, i think.

14. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

I seriously doubt this. Griffin was hired with full power to make the moves that he sees fit. Maybe we'd have to give slightly more for the Pels to trade AD inter-conference, but I just can't see them turning down what they feel is the best deal just because we're offering it. That's just not good business, and there have been more recent reports confirming this is not the case.

15. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I actually disagree with you on this abeer (and this is rare)...but getting Vuc would absolutely be worth $32M. he's exactly what we need IMO...a big that can shoot the ball, play D and operate down low if needed. He's also a good passing big. He's very skilled and in fact, he was a top 15 player last year when you look at the numbers. The magic operated like a 55-win team on the floor with him and a 12-win team without him. That's how valauble he was to that team. If we're lucky enough to land Vuc while keeping young core and our draft pick and everybody is healthy next year, this team goes to at least WCF. Not to mention Vuc is a near perfect fit for guys like LeBron and Ingram who need room to operate (look at how good Ingram was with Lopez).

LTLakerFan likes this.
  16. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I agree! I'm making this probably more complicated than it has to, but let's say the bird brains (and that troll fan that came here recently) really want to pair Ja with Zion.

The Bulls beat writers are openly discussing Zo for 7/Dunn/future pick. Now consider that the Mavs last summer moved up 2 spots to take Luka with the 3rd pick and all it took was them offering the 5th pick plus lottery protected 2019 1st round pick (which ended up being the 10th pick this summer).

So in order for us to get to 2, we ship out the 4th, 7th and a future 1st (and that might actually be overpaying). Now reroute the 2nd (signed to make the salaries work) along with Dunn, Hart and/or Kuz and now you get AD and still hold onto BI.

Memphis does it to get more young pieces and can still trade Conley to get even more younger. Meanwhile they replace their future 1st pick that goes to Boston either in 2020 or 2021.

alam1108 and abeer3 like this.
  17. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i just don't think AD to the lakers is a real possibility as long as the saints people are calling the shots in NO

and they still are. griffin being there only moves the needle a tiny bit

LTLakerFan, Khmrp and Kenzo like this.
  18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Cant sign Kyrie for 30 plus unless you know you can get AD in a trade. Kyrie, Ball in the back court wont work. Kyrie in general is not good at working with young talent. Its been like that since his Pre Lebron Cav days.

Lakers need to to spend every resource in their arsenal to get Kawhi here. I mean everything. Kawhi allows you to keep the core playing with that team and then you add Darius Garland to the group and you are building a ripe team.

If the Lakers have to sign and trade for AD next year, so be it. But this summer has to be focused on controlling what you can control. Free agents with no barriers and draft pick with no one blocking the player you want.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

worry about the contract year. worst mistake you can make is maxing non-max players when you're not operating over the cap already. death knell.

btw, it's why i prefer operating over the cap, as you can take risks on your own guys, etc. plus, you don't have the situation where it's hard to come up with good ballast for big trades, which is a problem for us currently.

lonzo's not a typical young player, and kyrie's issue seems to be with guys hunting shots/glory, which definitely isn't ball's bag. *pause*

anyway, there are paths to AD that don't involve hoarding all the space or limiting to one-year deals in FA.

that magic cited that in the randle situation is another reason to be very skeptical of the creativity in our FO.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

which Vucevuc is this? defense? did you watch this guy against Tor?

alam1108 likes this.