Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I honestly don't think, NO is trading AD to us. I gave it 0% chance before the Griffin hire, now it's up to 10%.
    I'd love to be wrong...

432J and CarolinaLakerFan like this.
  2. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Pelicans still refusing to trade AD to Lakers
    There is new story on BR

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Eff them and their stoopid looking birds.

[​IMG]

KareemtheGreat33 and Cookie like this.
  4. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I think the Pelicans are saying what they have to say.

I think we will make a solid offer.

I hope that’s the end of it though. No going back and forth for days. We make a good faith offer and they either take it or leave it.

Enough with the Pelicans

5. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I don't see anything of that sort. Link?

6. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I don’t see it either, but if it exists, I bet it’s an entire article based on a throwaway comment from someone like Windhorst saying “I don’t think New Orleans wants to trade with the Lakers”.

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

That’s all it is, most of these sites just aggregate from other sources, write their own articles for clicks, but it’s all based off the same original comment/report/article.

8. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Their latest "article" on best trade packages goes as the following:

Boston - Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum, No. 20 pick, 2020 first-round pick (via Memphis; top-six protection in 2020; unprotected in 2021)
    And to quote: "The C Bags can still blow every other potential Davis package out of the water."
    As if Ainge is stupid enough to even consider including Tatum now that Kyrie is essentially gone, and for a rental of AD at that. There's no way this package even exists.

Lakers - Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, No. 4 pick (drafted by Lakers), 2022 first-round pick
    So we have to include ALL of our prospects AND the No.4 pick AND another 1st? and this doesn't blow any package out of the water? PLEASE. We aren't offering all 3 first of all, let alone the writer tries to downplay every single one of our players as if they're useless. B/R just losing credibility here.

Knicks - Damyean Dotson, Kevin Knox, Frank Ntilikina, Dennis Smith Jr., No. 3 pick (drafted by Knicks), 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick (via Dallas)
    To even think this package comes close to Lakers is disgusting, let alone doesn't even include Mitchell Robinson who's probably the best player out of them.

Then goes on to provide ANOTHER package from the Knicks:

Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr., No. 3 pick (drafted by Knicks), 2020 first-round pick (top-two protection), 2020 second-round pick (via Charlotte), 2021 first-round pick (via Dallas), 2023 first-round pick (top-10 protection, via Dallas)

Again not including Robinson, and now a bunch of first round picks that won't be worth anything. I think the writer is a salty Knicks fan here.

Then he goes in and tries to throw the Raptors garbage with:
    OG Anunoby, Pascal Siakam, Serge Ibaka, 2021 first-round pick (top-three protection)

I love Siakam, but really, that's a "best offer". FOH.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...pots-for-anthony-davis-after-2019-nba-lottery

Cookie and Weezy like this.
  9. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    We're better than having to always go there with this.

10. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Agreed. This was cringe-worthy to read this....

I hope that Pelicans fan is still around...would like to debate him some more. Always great having other fans of other teams on the board.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  11. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Yes for sure, but I'm not sure on the order of operations

12. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    All this talk about Pelicans trading AD to us with the #4th pick involved but as its already been posted in another thread, its best that we sign a max player first and then trade for AD to make the numbers a lot easier to work with. Downside of that of course is that it means we have to make a #4 pick selection and hope that the Pelicans like that player. I'm not saying there can't be some back channels of asking the pelicans who they like with that #4 pick just in case a trade does happen in July or by the trade deadline next season.

13. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

He’s not. You can come in here and debate people, but you can’t come in here and troll, which he was doing. There’s debating actual points, and there’s telling people they don’t know anything about basketball, mocking and laughing at them and their points, and swearing at them while doing it, that’s a troll.

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

And @KareemtheGreat33 is just naturally cranky which we have all learned to live with.

:Kobe Snickering:

15. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

I think it's probably safe to assume AD isn't coming here via trade this summer. NO seemed pretty averse to trading us at the deadline, and Gentry says the fallout from those negotiations created one of the most toxic situations between two teams he's ever seen. And current reporting indicates they're no more interested in dealing with us now than they were then. Generally, I'm the eternal optimist. I just don't see any reason to be hopeful here. I do think this changes if AD is still there at the deadline, and maintains his intent to leave in free agency. For now though, I think we're better off focusing on free agent targets like Kawhi. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I just don't see it this summer.

Khmrp likes this.
  16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

why are people still mentioning boston like they have a chance at AD?

people really think ainge will deal his entire young core for AD with kyrie gone? i mean sure, that would make sense if they had a top 3 pick but they don't have that either. its between LA and NY

Khmrp, alam1108 and lakerfan2 like this.
  17. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I think I'd agree with this if Dell Demps was still here...but Griffin has a good r/s with Klutch and he's not going to shut out the Lakers because of what happened at the deadline. The two guys dealing with the trade, Magic and Demps, are both gone.

With that being said, I don't think Griffin's voice will be strong enough with Pels ownership...they will not wanna make a trade with us and it's only been what, 4 months since those talks happened? Maybe if we get to Feb 2020 and AD is still a Pelican...we got a shot.

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

cause of bos trump card, jason "jesus jordan" tatum lol

19. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Hi guys,
    further confirmed today the Windhorst stuff is nothing to worry about. Talks will start soon. But you may not hear about it right away.

Griffin has no issues with Klutch or the Lakers, but ownership does. Griffin will try to get the best deal possible. Things are very much a 50/50 as I see it. I'll put it this way, AEG is not working on any active promos for draft day, but we have not been asked to work on anything related to Anthony or his endorsements. But again, we had a whole thing prepped for Paul George a few years ago. S*** happens, folks! ;)

Best,
    Mr. Rambis

Barnstable likes this.
  20. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Also, confirmed what I said yesterday on Kurt gaining more influence. He's snuck into the draft process. Next up is trades and free agency stuff, but that is a big jump in importance and influence from the draft, so we'll see if he's successful. I just hope when AEG is pitching Kawhi, Kevin, and Kyrie, I don't hear that Kurt was in the room, too. That's a bad look.