Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Looks like Boston is contemplating that white flag...

2. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

B-b-but...Tatummmmm. If the Pelicans thought Ainge was stupid enough to include Tatum in a deal for AD, they're foolish. Without Kyrie there, there's no guarantee AD would stay in Boston even if he said he would.

That really leaves us and the Knicks. If anyone in the league believes that any combination of RJ Barrett, DSJ, Frank Ntkinla, Kevin Knox, and Mitchell Robinson would be a better package than Ingram or Kuz, and Ball with the #4 pick, than there really is no good faith anymore and the league is just out against the Lakers, plain and simple.

If that's the case, I'm taking revenue sharing off the table during the next owners meeting as one of the most profitable franchises in ALL of sports. Small market teams don't want to deal with us? Fine, you won't get any money to support your team and you'll lose your team like Seattle did.

Just a little insight from a few years ago how much we actually contribute:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...arly-half-nba-lost-money-last-season-now-what

3. vasashi17

[​IMG]

Gawd make IT stop?

Bev, Trez, Cp3, PJ all played the dubs hard and earned those Ws. Curry's hand came up lame while KD is out...you gotta play smash ball with that finesse team. There's an outcry for Dame to approach the Wcf like he's going at Russ again, cause that dog in him ain't there anymore.

The irritants that are Rondo and Lance would have been fun to watch in the playoffs had we snuck in with better health. Smash ball works... While trying to outshoot them doesn't.

Anyways check the receipts, not bringing back BLo was one of the major black eyes we had last summer and I said as much. Meanwhile all the other riff raff (Zu, poor Jules, DLo) wasn't. Not bringing back Brook was probably our biggest mistake this year. Everything else can be somewhat justified.

Speaking of receipts, pull up the search bar and look up Brook Lopez. Oh it tickle how some fans stay fickle. But what can I expect...summer's comin and it's #FlipFlopSeason

Anyways AD can hesitantly play center so there's that option...now go kick rocks with them open toes. Smash away bro...
    :Semicrazylance:

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Smash Bros did live up to their name for the most part, smashing the rim from outside shots, and possibly smashing in Luke face :Laugh:

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yes. But then too I really like the idea of Lonzo (healthy Lonzo ;) ) playing next to Lebron, AD and Kawhi.

[​IMG]

6. vasashi17

Great idea, Magic.

[​IMG]

LTLakerFan likes this.
  7. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I've been talking with pelicans fans both through text (I have one friend that is a huge Pels fan) and on Twitter. It's very clear that these guys are convinced the C Bags will give up Tatum in order to convince Kyrie to stay. I think they're foolish to think that is a given...but we all know that isn't going to happen so that's that.

The other thing is Pels fans seem to value Mitchell Robinson higher than Lonzo and Kuzma...which is ridiculous (although Mitchell Robinson is nice).

I get the feeling that the Pels fans are in the same boat as Pels ownership...they simply don't want to give the Lakers AD and they're letting their hatred of LA blind them from actual real talent.

That townedrunk fool came in here and trashed all of our players and talks like they're all scrubs...that should tell you what Pels fans and mgmt think overall.

Luckily, David Griffin isn't an idiot...and you know he's probably looking at the success that D-Lo and Randle had once they LEFT the Lakers and thinking that he can do the same with Ingram and Ball or Ingram and Kuzma or Ball and Kuzma...or all 3. I think Griffin might stay away from Lonzo as he's already said that he likes Lonzo the player but he doens't like the distraction that comes with Lonzo, which is his dad (he actually said this on a segment on NBATV before he became PBO of the Pelicans).

Also, Griffin has a great relationship with KLUTCH...that is going to be key to getting AD to the Lakers and also getting a fair deal where we don't give up the farm for him.

I just hope that ZION signs with KLUTCH because if he does...I doubt Griffin will want to piss off Klutch by sending AD to boston, a place he doesn't want to go...or to New York, a place that is likely second to LA.

alam1108 and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

caveat of info, scout team wanted Robinson but a certain special Capt. overide them for Bonga (according to rumors that is):MagicmagicTW:

alam1108, Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  9. LTLakerFan

Noo!!! I thought it was for Wagner. Bongo??

10. LTLakerFan

Seemed like mid season Bongo was starting to put some better skills together in the G-league and figure it out but then kind of fizzled from there? I hate that we lost Svi.

Cookie likes this.
  11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

It’d DEfinitely be a huge gambLe if yoU’re the C-BagS tryIng tO pull off that sceNArio. They Lose big time if they miscalculate that. As for my thoughts on Pelicans fans, I think you can figure out how I feel pretty easily.

sirronstuff, OmarE, alam1108 and 2 others like this.
  12. vasashi17

It's fascinating how folks state such falsehoods with the utmost conviction.

Seems to me that Rob had more of a say in these picks. But Magic in all his absentee glory sure made those limited moments in the office count.

But folks clearly have an issue with reading things the way they want to see it.

Speaking of dyslexia, Weez's post tho. I C what U did there and we need to send Pel fans there too STAT.

OmarE likes this.
  13. LTLakerFan

I like Moe. But he needs to get strong. Man up. Lay off the purple gatorade.

[​IMG]

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. vasashi17

For the record, I liked Mitchell alot at 25 (rumored to have a promise by us there btw) and dude liked alot of Laker related tweets...so maybe our trade for the 39th pick was intended for Mitchell that never came to be with the Knicks grabbing him at 35.

My guess is that we intended to trade the 25th pick (caphold) to clear even more cap space in the summer of Bron, but a potential deal fell through. If we ended up getting Mitchell in the 2nd round, he would count as $0 (as does any 2nd rounder) on our cap sheet.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  15. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Who is Bongo?

Toneloc, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  16. LTLakerFan

17. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Lakers have become the WWE. s***ty product, heavy profits.

18. LTLakerFan

Reading between the lines ...

[​IMG] ?

Cookie likes this.
  19. vasashi17

But Griff, you not trading AD tho huh?

[​IMG]

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  20. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Culver happens to be listed at #4-#7 on at least 3 or 4 mock drafts I’ve seen. So hmmm indeed.

Cookie likes this.