Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

a 2nd? was has to look like they won

2. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Stop speaking of Tatum as though he’s guaranteed to be a star. There is no factual evidence to support he is a better prospect than BI or Kuz. Zo is a different type of player and he could end up being better.

I wouldn’t trade any of our 3 young core guys for Tatum straight up. Feel free to disagree, but I’ve watched enough of Tatum waiting to see what puts him above other young prospects.

Still waiting...

laker8la24, Kenzo, OmarE and 7 others like this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

well considering lance is no d or barely there d n bease no 3, why wouldnt we need more 3/d? kcp is also no d n bricking everything now too

4. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I mean, BI is averaging more than tatum and Kuz has scoring explosions much more impressive than Tatum. Meanwhile, Tatums taken a step back this season and hasn’t looked all that impressive.

I’m not saying Tatum isn’t good, but he had a spectacular playoff run only to come back down to earth and hasn’t looked any better than ingram has.

And our package would contain Ingram, Kuz, AND Zo and people are saying Tatum is worth more than all of that? Please.

Kenzo, Punk-101, Cookie and 2 others like this.
  5. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Tatum is clearly a tier below sure-fire superstar prospects like Simmons, Doncic and Zion.

The problem I have is the media putting him in that top group of prospects.

6. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I agree with everything you wrote except for calling me dumb (I’m assuming that was directed at me).

It’s my opinion that Tatum is highly overrated and at this point if he doesn’t progress will not be an Allstar. His D is really overrated as he gets owned frequently. I think because Stevens is such a great coach that Tatum looks better than he actually is. I watch the C Bags only because my son and I are basketball junkies so I don’t see any difference between Tatum and Kuzma.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and TIME like this.
  7. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I think people are basing it on how he played last year in the playoffs. Unfortunately, your play in the playoffs elevates you to a different level and that's why people view their package as "superior". I understand the Tatum hype, he's really effing good. But Jaylen Brown? GTFO. Guy is a role player...not ever going to be a star and not even close to as good as Ingram OR Kuzma.

That's why i so badly want us to make the playoffs with Kuz and BI in the fold...would love to see how they perform on a bigger stage

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

in todays league its all about advanced analytical stats now n bi kuz n ball dont fair well in that dept in comp to Tatum

9. fabfourlakers

Sorry didn't mean to say 'dumb', I was just saying generally that a lot of us are criticizing Tatum but almost all of us would rather him than Lonzo...a guy we drafted over him.

I think Tatum is better offensively and more versatile offensively than both of our guys...he's also more efficient from 3 and the line and he's better at getting to the rack. Defensively, he's better than Kuz but not better than BI. Key thing is though...the guy performed very well in the playoffs as a ROOKIE. I have no doubt that'll continue in the playoffs. We should all be hoping that he doesn't show up though and has a sophomore slump in the playoffs.

Also, he's not having a "down" year...he's just not performing at the level everyone thought he would...but he's still performing well. This is my problem with the media though...they think INGRAM is having a "down" year but it's just the same situation as Tatum...they're both having to adjust to guys like leBron and Kyrie who are dominating the ball.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  10. wallangong

I’m genuinely curious, what offensive versatility does Tatum have? He’s a catch and shoot guy from 3 and settles for a lot of long, pull-up 2s. What am I missing?!?!

11. fabfourlakers

He has a mean jumper. He can do step-backs, he can do fadeaways from mid post, he can hit the 3 ball (at a much better clip than both Inram and Kuzma)..he can drive to the hoop and take contact, he makes the right pass when help comes, and he can hit pull up 3s. His game reminds me a lot of Kobe actually (ironically, he did some work with kobe)...you can also check Kobe's comments on tatum...he was shocked the Lakers passed on him.

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    and he raised his game in the playoffs

13. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

14. wallangong

You’re praising a lot of low percentage shots. I also have never witnessed this taking contact you speak of. Usually he bounces around much like BI. Makes the right pass? Dude averages 1.8 APG. Kid has no idea how to pass.

He trained with Kobe and takes midrange shots. Kobe comparisons end there. Kobe also once said Evan Turner should be the #1 pick in the draft.

15. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Analytics probably.
    :Magicshrug:

Big Mamma Jamma, Khmrp and wallangong like this.
  16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Yup, when it comes to Tatum being MUCH better than any of our kids, analytics are brought up because the raw numbers don’t show that at all.

Cookie and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  17. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

C Bags overachieved in the Playoffs last Year.. Tatum looked really damn good in his first Post Season.
    He has underachieved this Year & both BI & Kuz have better all around stats..

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

mgnt shouldve listened to me....i was one asking why we wouldnt consider tatum before that draft lol:Magic2::Lonzoreally:

19. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

20. fabfourlakers

He averages 1.8 apg because he plays with a bunch of other playmakers and that's not his primary job...what i'm saying is when he wAS one of the primary guys in the playoffs...he raised his game and he was making plays on both ends.

It's not all about stats...the kid IS special. That's not to say that Kuz and BI are NOT special...just saying we need to be reminded WHY people FAWN over this guy.

Could it be Stevens? Sure. But even if it is...that should given other teams confidence in their respective coaches to bring the BEST out of BI if they believe he's not being used correctly by Luke and Co. (which he is not). If Ingram is used correctly, can he be as good as Tatum? Absolutely.

Could it be Tatum is benefitting from playing with kyrie hayward horford etc? Sure. he has more room to operate...but again, last year in the playoffs it was him Horford Brown and Rozier that all killed it. He was "featured" as their #1 guy basically and he stepped up. There's no way the C Bags should have beaten THAT sixers team in FIVE fricking games...and then they got wihtin ONE GAME of ggoing to the FINALS...yes it's the east but going to the finals witout haywrd and kyrie with Horford and a bunch of rookies/2nd year players as your lead guys woulda been impressive and we all know it.

All I'm saying is...Tatum is damn good. And that's exactly why he will be held out of AD talks and Ainge will push Brown/Smart/Picks for AD instead.

LTLakerFan and Khmrp like this.