Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Lebron: "You guys are great"
    Also Lebron: "Ship their a**** out. All of 'em"

2. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure this point has been belabored around these parts with my fellow (mostly) clear-headed Lakers brethren, but is anyone else beyond sick & tired of the prevailing media narrative that Boston's assets are SO much better than the Lakers or anyone else's?

Their young players (even "Second-Coming of Jesus Christ" Tatum) have all taken varying degrees of a step back this season, and their hoard of picks aren't nearly as attractive as they were once thought to be thanks to teams like Sacramento overachieving at this stage of their rebuild.

Not sure when we got to the point where it was en vogue to just dump all over the Lakers youngsters uniformally, but I'm over it. D-Russ was a crappy bust when he was in Purple & Gold, and now he's made an All-Star team. I'm shocked--SHOCKED, I SAY-- that players who aren't legally able to drink alcohol yet aren't finished products.

Anyone with the slightest bit of basketball acumen can easily see that Ingram & Ball are high caliber prospects, and frankly I'd only be OK with losing them if it's for an absolute Superstar like Davis.

Tatum is very good, and probably an eyelash high caliber of a prospect than Ingram or Ball. But Ingram AND Ball themselves trump Tatum & any of the C's other young assets.

3. sirronstuff

This from Loomis recently in an interview btw:

Saints GM Mickey Loomis:
    "Honestly, I don't have a lot to do with that," he said. "We've got Dell as the general manager and Alvin, and they do a great job.

"So, I think it's probably overblown the amount of actual time and work that I have to do with the Pelicans. It's something Mr. (Tom) Benson has asked me to do, but, again, I think it's overblown the amount of actual work that I do (with the Pelicans)."

4. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

UUUUUUUUM, isn't this that damn kid who stalks NBA players in public places? He's purporting himself to be an insider now?!?? Lord, have mercy...

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

thats embarrasing lol, man Magic so thirsty:Magicwow4::Crazyartest:

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  6. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I've been saying this the whole time. The centerpiece to Boston's package is Tatum, LA's is Kuz, Ingram AND/OR Ball. Even when comparing Tatum vs Kuz, Tatum vs Ingram, the differences are slight, with even Ingram having better averages this season and Kuz having more explosive games offensively, and they would be getting BOTH players.

How that constitutes as Boston having a stronger package is beyond me. It's quite clear that the narrative around the league is anti-Laker and always have been. We've produced quality packages for our trades, even Pau's trade turned out to decent.

When you have the biggest sports network out for our team, downplaying every move we make, even being completely wrong (i.e. when Woj said we weren't even talking with the Pelicans then two days later says we've been engaged in talks for the whole week), not listing actual sources or quotes, it's just poor journalism and ESPN should be fined for misrepresentation and collusion.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

not sure why he said it was bad for the nba, but i think it helps cement a weird precedent that public opinion should influence the league's dealings. that's a slippery slope...

btw, where is this while harden shoots a zillion fts a game?

8. sirronstuff

9. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I agree...one more pick (totaling 3) will probably get this deal done.

Zinger had Dallas send 2 1st rounders
    Tobias had Philly send 2 1st rounders

AD better than both them dudes...2 unprotected and a 3rd lightly protected is what the Pels might be angling at. We should be able to add that pick and spare a body.

JSM, LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  10. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

The problem here for me, and probably Magic and Rob, is that the package we're sending WITH the 1st rounders are already worth an extra draft pick or two. These are top tier prospects that instead would be a gamble during the draft. Maybe one of those 1st round picks ends up being a late pick, maybe that 1st round pick doesn't end up in the NBA is two years. We're sending them actual NBA players with huge ceilings AND two draft picks.

A bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush, as they say. So, the Pelicans should be thankful more than disrespectful for asking for more.

I'm glad we've postured back on that ridiculous counter offer.

alam1108 and sirronstuff like this.
  11. sirronstuff

Not sure it's a reliable source lol, so I'll wait to judge. The Lakers allegedly asked a guy to be involved who basically says he's not involved? Might just be clickbait.

12. sirronstuff

13. nluna75

nluna75 - Rookie -

Ok Guys, The Clips have no chance at this very moment to get AD. Maybe in the off season but i still doubt it. One of the points of this trade is to take in bad contracts and the Clips will not do anything to Jeopardize their offseason so that's a big no. Another point is that all the Clips has so far as young talent is Shai and Harrell, they do not equal to Kuzma, Lonzo, Hart, Ingram and Zubac.

The Clips made this move to make sure that if they don't get that 2nd star in the off season they will trade for 1 during next season.

abeer3 likes this.
  14. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Clearing the deck while absorbing Hill's contract still puts us in play for Ky/Butler/Kawhi to opt into their player options and get traded into our cap space in exchange for future picks and Bonga and/or Moe a la the Cp3 to Htown route.

I do agree with you that holding onto as many kiddies is paramount, but I do see why they world still do it and still be on play for 2019 free agency.

15. sirronstuff

16. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

I don't think this has as much to do with Boston's assets being better. The Pelicans simply want to wait until the offseason so that Boston can even be a part of the negotiations, possibly starting a bidding war between us. The Pelicans believe they have the crown jewel and want all other teams to bow down before them with the best offer before they can choose. In their minds, they are selling themselves short by going with the Lakers when a major player can't play yet. This is why they want to wait until the Summer, and why reports of Magic saying he's done after the deadline came out. The Pelicans think LA is bluffing and will certainly come back to the table in July, where perhaps they can squeeze us, Boston, or a 3rd team for the best deal. They think that if Ainge doesn't step up to the plate, our offer will be there too.

I don't agree with this take, and I firmly believe we have a backup plan in case AD isn't a Laker by tomorrow. But I believe this is NOLA's POV.

17. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

Apparently Brad Turner was just on Ireland and said it's 90% not happening.

Lock it up, it was a good run

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

great run, totally destroyed the locker room :Magic2::LLLLLebronsniveling:

IE Lakers, Cookie and bfc1125roy like this.
  19. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

20. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I smell a tank thread coming tomorrow!