Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

WTF .... Over? They were rumored to be open and a player already. Then they weren't as of yesterday .... why? Now they're back again?

Bunch of horse pucky it all is with these clowns in the media.

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    51% chance!!!

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

suns provide extra 2 1sts. lakers provide 2 1sts and kuz/ingram.

pels get kuz/ingram/4 1sts/2 2nds/dump hill

best haul anyone's gotten for a star in perhaps ever.

but...gotta wait for tatum. i mean, if danny will allow us to think about his greatness.

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

AD will walk for sure if Kyrie doesn't re-sign. IF Kyrie does re-sign then I think theres a fair chance AD will stay with Bos if they do trade for him. However I dont believe for one sec Ainge will give into Pelicans demands and offer up Tatum

5. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Still can't figure out who and what continue to watch gargle mouth and scarecrow with the token female skank on a daily basis. Unreal how bad TV has gotten.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  6. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Perhaps, but anything can happen between now and the summer. Brandon/Kuz/Ball can have a similar run to Tatum in the playoffs. Tatum can pop his archilles. At the very least, force the C Bags to give up more than they have to.

7. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

There's obviously a conspiracy between GMs to prevent fair lakers trades. But I wonder if the same is going on with FAs too? Maybe GMs are pulling mafia bs with agents, preventing their clients from going to the lakers. Choosing Westbrook over Lebron makes no sense for PG. Kawhi suddenly doesn't want to play with lebron and prefers the clippers...gtfo! Well how did we land lebron? Klutch dgaf.

8. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i guess tatum is the next MJ according to dell demps

9. sirronstuff

10. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    You literally never see this when the Lakers are not involved. There’s so much evidence in the past and present to suggest collusion it’s insane. And yet no one says anything. Lebron and Rich Paul gonna set the record straight one way or another.

11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Next CBA with regards to profit sharing .....

[​IMG]

..... hopefully she gets triggered by all this happy horse **** from the rest of the league and media. It's not enough that Stern wrecked us once for the better part of a decade and counting ..... ?

12. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Definitely collusion. At this point, I try to trade Lonzo to Phoenix for a top 3 protected 1st which would unprotected the following year. Take back Troy Daniels and Bender or something for salary matching. Then look to the offseason armed with an extra pick (likely the Suns 2020 pick). Move on from the Lonzo experiment. I still try to somehow work a 3-way deal to land Beal using Lonzo, but at this point, we will have to hope another max star comes here in the summer. If all this Kyrie smoke is actually a little bit of fire, Lebron, Kyrie, Ingram and Kuzma is enough to contend for a ring as long as KD leaves Golden State.

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

why even bother after this trade dealine? Isn't it obvious Pelicans aren't going to deal with LA on good faith?

14. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

What does "immense pressure" from other execs actually mean?

"We'll be really mad at you!"
    Or
    "We'll never do future business with you if you trade with the lakers."

15. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

probably the latter.....they already did that once with him on Cp3 fiasco, I'm sure Demps will be looking for a new job after this season, wouldn't help his case if he traded AD to the Lakers though.

Punk-101 likes this.
  16. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I would imagine it’s a combination of both. “You can’t do this, it’s horrible for the league, sets a terrible precedent, bad for small market teams in the future, etc”. I would also think there is some fear about his future in dealing with these other teams and with getting another job after this one as well, if the league is that against this all going down.

17. sirronstuff

Ok, we’ll throw in a golden parachute contract for Del Demps too lol

:Brows:

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

we'll make him head of Janitorial services :Magic2:

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  19. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I mean, Demps is in a pickle here.

On one hand, if he trades AD to the Lakers, then most other GM's will probably be mad at him and won't deal with him for the near future.

On the other, he needs to also make it seem that he honor's his franchise player by showing loyalty to him and not sending him off to Siberia. If he doesn't, no future star is going to want to play or resign there if he just holds them captive.

He just needs to man the eff up and do what he wants. Look at past examples of packages for superstars and go off that. Kuz, Ingram or Lonzo, Zu and 2 1sts would already be a massive haul for them based off of what Indy got for George. Anything more than that would be disrespectul imo. Davis is now a Klutch client, meaning, he'll find his way here anyway, so Magic has the right to posture at any ridiculous counteroffer out there.

We've already seen how wrong BSPN, Woj, and pretty much every news outlet have been. Reports of Magic not even talking, then two days later, a report of Lakers bringing everything to the table the same two days ago. Woj calling Laker's packages "underwhelming" and urging the Pelicans to "wait" for Ainge at a "chance" at Tatum, who probably wouldn't be in a rental package. It's all a sham.

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

but here's the rub. this ideological stand will not prevent davis (or any future superstar) from forcing their way out of a crappily-run small market team (and NO is DEFINITELY that). it's not going to drive davis into the waiting hands of milwaukee, or sacramento, or whatever bumblef*** backwater franchise you represent. it's sending him to boston, ny, or the clippers (read: NOT f***ING YOU). so why? because you hate the lakers because they beat the blazers when you were nine? grow up, ninnies. you're making danny ainge the f***ing hero of your story. danny ainge! dude is a snake of the highest order, and all of this is just playing right into his hands.

so, good job. *golf clap* the only stand NO is making is upon their own grave. who reaps the benefits will have no impact on them or anyone else going forward.

edit: also, the swear filter cannot handle bumble*&^%. do i win something? ok...i'll edit myself...i'm annoyed today.