Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

boston came out today and said they're not dangling tatum. that mannix piece made me want to vomit, btw:

it was clearly fed to him directly by danny ainge. where's our mouthpiece in the national press, breaking down tatum's game and pointing out how ridiculous it is that he's valued so highly? pointing out that the lakers' offer will be lower on july 1. mannix even tries to squash the notion that irving could leave boston. i mean, he hits every corner of their narrative.

this is why the fans won't be appropriately outraged that we were frozen out of this deal. the big bad lakers and klutch ruining the league. um, gaiz: boston has three max players already on its roster and has been publicly stalking anthony davis for four years. is that really better?

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think this is part of it as well.

They know there is funny business going on, and they don't like it. As soon as AD signed with Klutch, everyone claimed ignorance, but we all knew the truth.

Well they don't like it, and this is their version of pushing back. Regardless of if it's good for them or not, this is their reaction.

They have a mega star in a super small market that is under contract for another 1 1/2 years, and they can offer him 40 million more than the next team, and he doesn't want them. How can they be fairly compensated for our "perceived meddling"?

They can cry foul all they want, but it's their own fault. It's their own ineptitude that caused this. They are trying to get a Herschel Walker trade out of this, and it just isn't going to work like that. "Ok, if you want him, basically give us all of your draft picks for the last 4 years, and 4 future 1st rounders."

LOLOLOLOL. Suck it. We have lots of options, but we are trying to do the right thing in giving them options. I guarantee you, in the spirit of doing business the way Maginca has been, they are looking for a win win scenario. They've done it for their free agents, restricted free agents, their trades, their released players, etc. They are going out of their way to provide good options. Who sends 5 scenarios up front? The goal was to create a dialogue to help us understand how to help you meet your goals in this "unfortunate circumstance".

Don't mistake kindness for weakness. Move on, and let them all suffer for their ignorance. Just watch the deal they get later. It will surely be a laugher.

3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

magic

abeer3 likes this.
  4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

im sure tatum gona light it up now knowing all his effort is for the pelicans lol

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Well said, sirron. People keep saying PG, but this is kg all over again, with Tatum playing al Jefferson. Right down to the internal strife on the star's team. NO should think about what happened when minny took an inferior deal because they didn't like the lakers. They're still recovering 10 years later.

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'

Own the deal!

7. sirronstuff

Petty, childish, immature, butthurt, and small minded.

Need new leadership, and probably need to take their franchise away.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Cookie like this.
  8. Toklat

Toklat - Lakers Starter -

The only thing keeping us from being the best team in the league right now is injuries. Really hoping no trade is made. We are going to be a dominant team for a long time as long as we don't panic.

tada and sirronstuff like this.
  9. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

I think it was imperative that we made a strong push for AD, but if they don’t want to deal with us, then so be it. Personally, I would take 1 of Zo, Kuz, or BI off the table if they wait until summer. See if Boston dumps all of their assets on a potential rental. Everyone keeps saying there’s no rush for NO because our deal will be the same come summer. It shouldn’t.

10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

WTH, LOL. Both AD and their FO are r*******.

11. sirronstuff

I like @escobar8 suggestion To trade LeBron for AD AND expiring contract and a pick, and fill-in complementary pieces around him.

We have several players that can play small forward or act as the point guard. LeBron is redundant TBH, but we actually do need a top level power forward

Rondo/Ball
    Hart/BI
    BI/Kuzma
    Davis/Mo
    Zubac/McGee

I could see that lineup terrorizing the league for a few years

12. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

LOL the f*** so apparently the C Bags haven't even directly offered Tatum. NOLA is about to get played

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/02/05/anthony-davis-C Bags-trade-rumors-kyrie-irving-free-agency

13. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

This standoff is between NO and NO looking right at itself in the mirror... saying to themselves "wow, we really wasted these 6 years and our chance to build a team with Anthony Davis"

14. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

15. sirronstuff

If they value draft picks more than current talent, take our young players off the table and give them picks. I am completely fine with that

16. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I hope to God that Magic isn't even remotely considering their request. We aren't going to get hosed by Demps. Who the hell trades 3 high lottery picks (Zo, BI, Kuz), 4 future first rounders AND takes on a salary dump? Even prime Shaq isn't worth that much. Abort! Abort now!

17. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

I think this pelicans demand is probably influenced by pop too, sounds similar to the rumored demands of the spurs wanting all 3 guy plus multiple 1st

LTLakerFan likes this.
  19. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

How about this: 4 first round draft picks, 2 second round picks, Zu, Beasely, lance, and Rondo.

We keep our kids since you value picks more.

20. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

5 lottery picks -- Zo and BI top 4 for sure, Kuz top 7 if that draft were today, and I think Zu and Hart would go top 14 too.

BI can legit play 1-4, and get his own shot any time. Becoming a solid playmaker too. Tatum doesn't have that versatility, or length. I am sick of the ESPN, Boston, and Laker-hater narratives about Tatum and Brown being "clearly" better than BI and Zo.

Right now I wish Kawhi would just make it known that he is out, forcing Toronto to get something for him now, so we could trade BI and filler (KCP and Lance) for him. Get Mathews or Ariza on buyouts. Have a team that is vet ready and can compete with anyone, with the kids playing behind them and getting better everyday because of it. Play for now and the future together. Get Klay this summer. Done for 3 years.

Rondo, Zo, Bonga
    Ariza, Hart, Svi
    Kawhi, Kuzma
    Bron, Beas, Bogner (killer Bs)
    Mcgee, Zu, Tyson

Boom. Done. Compete this year (Bron could win a chip THIS YEAR with that team around him), and get Klay or Ky this summer, or just wait for AD for next summer.

Too bad we didn't get PG to sign, and kept BI. SMH

tada likes this.