Anthony Davis Discussion: Only Player On Both All NBA + All Def

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

Best case scenario would be for BI, Zo and Kuz to break out post allstar and we make it to the WCF. Kyrie bolts and signs with us. After being rejected Tatum, the Pelicans come to us and we'd only offer Kuz.

So I'm rooting for our kids now.

2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

They were not going to deal with us anyways... just like NO is now. Can we all move on from the Paula thing please.

3. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

f*** off, Pelicans. Go screw the rotten corpse of your daddy and savior - David Goblin Stern.

4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i wonder just how much lavar's comments about lonzo not wanting to play in NO has affected all this

think about it. he might very well be the reason why they don't acquire AD

alam1108 likes this.
  5. Kenzo

Love U Trev :giggle:...

Cookie, DeeZee, alam1108 and 4 others like this.
  6. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I want you all to realize the way this is playing out so far is a mirror image of what Danny Ainge did to Brooklyn, except the Lakers aren’t stupid enough to bite.

Brooklyn offered a first round pick... Ainge went to the C Bags owners and they told him to ask for two picks. Brooklyn agreed to two picks... Ainge went to the C Bags owners and they told him to now ask for three picks. Brooklyn agreed to three picks Ainge went to the C Bags owners and they told him to ask for four picks....

Sorry Pels, but as much as I might have issue with some decisions, Magic and Palinka are not Brooklyn. We won’t get fleeced.

Lakers made a great offer, and the Pelicans can f*** off if they don’t want to take it.

lakerjones, Cookie, DeeZee and 11 others like this.
  7. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Seriously...The Paula thing is such a faulty narrative... It's really crazy how it's Laker fans that can't let it go....still.

I can't believe I'm doing this in the early AM, but so be it. I'm tired of fans b****ing about Paula. I know y'all frustrated with the bush league negotiation tactics by the Boston Pelicants, but rehashing Paula and Kawhi is equally frustrating. We all should know by now the pettiness and douchebaggery of SA and how they refused to deal Kawhi to us.

However why are y'all forgetting the pettiness of Pritchard...a man that threw a tampering probe at us...a man that couldn't utter the word "Lakers" in a presser directly after Paula's trade demand...a man that made things so contentious, Bird had to step down cause he wanted no part of it knowing how it would look to Magic.

[​IMG]

Y'all expected this petty MFer to trade his bottom b**** to us? Forget us for a moment, you think he was going to do any favors for oh girl and her pimp, Mintz?...nah brah!

8. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Four 1st rounders might bankrupt the franchise, but Lebron’s 34 and his championship window is closing. Am I saying this right?

9. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

No trade then. I was open to almost anything, but not this. We should not give absolutely everything.

10. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    If they want four picks we better get to keep Lonzo.

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    that's where this is from lol

:Javalebarfbag:

Kenzo likes this.
  12. Kenzo

13. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    “Own the deal”

How dumb are people in New Orleans? They really think they will get as much waiting? Just be happy we aren’t fans of that franchise because that new GM is about to be setup for failure.

- Look back at the last decade of superstar players being traded (no revisionist glasses on), this offer we are making is blowing those other offers away.

- Part of the appeal of getting AD now for a team is to compete this year and next year. Waiting to deal him after this season depreciates offers because teams won’t get two playoff runs with him. AKA he’s a rental player and rental players aren’t getting Godfather deals.

- And the thinking that this deal will be on the table come summer is just flat out wrong. We are the players in the game right now so you can make us bet more against ourselves easier than knowing the other players hands in the game and put just enough in to beat the deal. Other free agents will be available, other superstars will follow the trend and become disgruntled and the Lakers aren’t in a situation where it is AD or bust. Right now it seems that way because it literally is AD or bust. Many different avenues for improvement are available come the summer time. Sorry you aren’t the ring leader in the summer time, bidders are going to dictate the terms not you.

- If you are waiting to the summer for Ainge to put all of his best assets on the table for a rental, good luck.

- If you are turning down Godfather deals in the hopes of the Knicks having a 12% chance at Zion and maybe trading that pick when KD/Kyrie are already rumored to be teaming up there and they wouldn’t be able to make that trade. Good luck. You don’t think the Knicks know something is coming, they traded KP just because.

Yes we are Lakers homers in a sense, but history says teams are NOT selling the farm for 1 year rentals so please wait until the offseason and let your new guy “own the deal”. (Or owned in the deal if you follow trends/history)

Edit: And right on queue

Go own that deal New Orleans. Morons.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    TIME, lakerjones, Cookie and 7 others like this.
  14. chkad

chkad - Rookie -

can we get AD this offseason? are the chances slim that we'll be doing a bidding war with the C Bags?

15. Kenzo

No such thing as "the bidding war"... not when you're the Lakers. The deal that "wins" is the one not proposed by us. Im far from a conspiracy theories guy but this is getting ridiculous. ABORT :sick:

Cookie and alam1108 like this.
  16. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    I agree....

Giving up the entire farm and 4 1st round picks? WTF

Thats getting robbed in my opinion, especially for a guy that has requested to be traded and wants to be a Laker.

Pels can bluff but at the end of the day, they are the team that has a disgruntled player that doesn't want to be there and chances are, they will have to live with lower offers the longer they wait.

17. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. We had a big offer and at this point it should be "take it or leave it". I am totally OK with not doing the trade with 4 picks. Screw them. We'll do something else in the offseason.

18. shoe

shoe - Rookie -

Never trust Ainge...guess the Pels are gonna have to learn the hard way.

The C's are NOT going to offer Tatum in the summer for a 1 year AD rental...it's probably going to be Brown/fillers/picks.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i agree with me, too. problem is that i don't think those deals are available right now.

i'm guessing beal is off the table completely now. i wanted to trade for him before he blew up after wall's injury, but people said ingram was too much to offer. anyway, that one maybe was never possible. lillard will only be possible after portland gets easily dispatched (again) in the playoffs. so not now.

BUT those kinds of deals will be available again next year, and we don't have to pay any of the young guys just yet. so, if we miss out on davis now, we're not screwed, long-term (we ARE most certainly screwed this year--we're missing the playoffs without a big trade, imo). it's frustrating that a 10% chance at zion and a 5% chance at michael abdul tatum is what's holding this up.

and all that said, i'm not giving up on the davis deal until the buzzer sounds. even NO's fans (who have a right to be pissed and want laker blood) know that the offer they've refused is better than whatever will come in july. if teams want to keep cutting off their noses to spite their face when it comes to the lakers, there's nothing we can do. but we're still not sure they're doing that:

are we certain that the 4 1st round picks are in addition to everything else we've seen? maybe two are in place of ball, since he doesn't want to be there and they don't want to be in that spot (thanks, doofus--you should be glad someone wants your 40% ft-ing a**...but i digress...).

relatedly, are we certain that the 4 picks must be from the lakers? again, what if phx gives two 1sts for lonzo, which are re-routed to NO.

are we certain the latter two picks can't be ridiculously protected and thus likely to become second rounders (like the mavs did when they traded for nerlens noel recently--also pretty sure that was the situation with houston's pursuit of jimmy butler)?

finally, are we certain woj is getting/distributing good intel? as that kuffs character reminded us: woj told us demps wasn't taking calls basically while he was burning up the phone lines with magic.

anyway, ramona's pessimism is the thing that concerns me. but as stated above, it's not the end of the world; it's just the end of this season. we'll be in the mix for davis again in july, perhaps armed with kyrie in hand and a lower offer for NO.

20. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    I don't think Magic and Pelinka offered all that is being reported. Too smart to do it.

It's lying season. Teams have media on payroll.