Anthony Davis Discussion: That's Why They Pay Me The Big Bucks

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by vasashi17, Sep 23, 2018.

1. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Luckily it will only be a 10 day thing. If the Lakers do not get AD by next Thursday, he will likely never be a Laker.

sirronstuff and Kenzo like this.
  2. OX1947

According to Woj on SportsCenter right now, Klay would be really interested in the Lakers if LA deals for AD and open up a close-to-max slot in FA. And this is also presuming that GS doesn't offer Klay the full max.

3. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Oh boy....Klay is a perfect fit with LeBron and AD...already like that this is even being floated

JSM, D-Fish Man, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Lakers will be soon announced as AD's preferred destination and will tell other teams he will be a rental till 2020 free agency...boom!

Per Woj:

5. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I love (and hate at the same time) how all the NBA and media is crying foul when hothing even happened yet. When it comes to us, everyone is scared to death. It feels like we have to try twice as hard to get anything done. f*** them all!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  6. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

As OX mentioned, WOJ says Klay is interested if AD lands here.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...sted-in-signing-if-anthony-davis-traded-to-la

Lakers Rumors: Klay Thompson Interested in Signing If Anthony Davis Traded to LA
    SCOTT POLACEKJANUARY 28, 2019

[​IMG]
    Marcio Jose Sanchez/Associated Press
    The ability to land Anthony Davis in a trade may be the key for the Los Angeles Lakers if they want to eventually sign Klay Thompson.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski appeared on SportsCenter and said the Golden State Warriors sharpshooter—who can become an unrestricted free agent following this season—would be interested in joining the Purple and Gold if they traded for Davis and opened a contract slot close to his max (h/t Ben Rosales of SB Nation).

This comes after Wojnarowski reported Davis' agent, Rich Paul, told the New Orleans Pelicans his client was not interested in signing a contract extension and preferred to be traded.

The Pelicans released a statement saying any trade will happen "on our timeline" and that they asked the NBA to "strictly enforce the tampering rules associated with this transaction," per Wojnarowski.

Paul is also the agent of LeBron James, who is currently the star player for a Lakers team that could use more firepower around him as they attempt to make a move in the Western Conference race.

Thompson's reported interest is notable since his father, Mychal Thompson, played for the Lakers. However, the elder Thompson also said in August, "Klay's going to retire in the Warriors' uniform," per Scott Ostler of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Still, it is easy to envision Thompson thriving playing alongside James and Davis on the Lakers. Both of those players attract plenty of defensive attention with drives and on the blocks, and Thompson could spot up on the outside and take advantage of openings with his perimeter shooting much like he does when Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant draw double-teams on the Warriors.

As for the pursuit of Davis, Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports reported Los Angeles brass met Monday to discuss a plan to make a trade offer to the Pelicans. He noted any "package would almost have to include Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma along with other sweeteners and salary-cap fillers."

While that is plenty to give up, the combination of James, Davis and Thompson—along with a weakened Warriors squad without Thompson and perhaps Durant if he leaves in free agency—could make the Lakers the class of the Western Conference as soon as next season.

7. sonatine

sonatine - Rookie -

Camera Operator
  8. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

We need to come with our BEST god damn offer FIRST... DO NOT play the game with New Orleans!!! Do NOT let this get to the summer where the C Bags can likely trump our offer...get AD here and figure out the rest.

Magic and Rob need to go ALL IN and leave the Pels no choice but to deal AD to LA and call it a day. Everyone saves face this way too...Pels are already going to get a lot of backlash for trading AD to us but if we come in and throw the farm at them? They can save face

9. Kenzo

... but if the NOP thinks, our best offer will still be there in the summer, they would be stupid not to wait for the C Bags. AD needs to somehow make it clear, "LA only".

10. OX1947

AD would have to do what Kawhi or PG13 didnt do. And that's tell whomever that they are leaving 100% after contract is over.

AD needs to do what Shaq did to Mitch in 2004 and say, trade me here or I'm walking away from whomever gets me.

11. LakerFanIam

LakerFanIam - Lakers 6th Man -

Lakers need to make anyone & everyone not named LeBron available & hand NOLA a blank check.
    You give me LeBron + AD + any of these top tier FA's available this Summer over our youth anyday.

12. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I'd actually say it's all or nothing now and that in the summer this offer won't be there, especially if AD is serious about only wanting to play here.

13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

yeah NO is in no rush as it is

the only way this happens is if AD straight up tells NO and makes it clear to the league that he's only willing to play for the lakers. teams simply don't want to deal with the lakers if they have options but if AD comes out and says that he won't play anywhere else then he'll leave them with no choice. that's honestly the only way i'll be confident he'll be wearing the p&g

if he or klutch doesn't come out and make that public then NO will wait until the offseason where they'll probably get better offers

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  14. Kenzo

Not getting my hopes up. At least few owners, will do everything in their power, to stop AD to the Lakers happening. Some might be on suicide watch... same with ESPN. Can't say it loud enough or often enough. f*** THEM ALL.

15. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

yeah those s***bags dan gilbert and daryl morey will no doubt he in silver's ear if this thing actually goes down

basketball reasons part 2. which is funny because the cp3 veto is what allowed NO to draft davis #1 overall in 2012

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  16. Kenzo

The double standards are obvious and worrisome. When Cp2 and Harden were talking, Morey was probaby jerking off in a close vivinity. Now everybody is crying "foul". I guess swapping Boogie and Rondo for Jules and Jrue had nothing to do with AD's decision. They made such a great job of surrounding him with talent to compete.
    Im pissed as f***

17. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I’ve always felt like Klay could be the guy we end up with instead of KD or Durant.

lakerjones and sirronstuff like this.
  18. LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life - Rookie -

19. escobar8

escobar8 - Rookie -

Teacher
    Ha,can we just send LJ for AD straight.:p
    I would if we could i would just save the Ball,i dont care about the rest if we could get the AD,i think he would be perfect fit.
    But i dont knoe about klay,i doubt that he leaves GS,we cant offer him the max,why would he leave,it is not like he would have bigger role here.

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

so the C Bags have been obviously and publicly campaigning for davis for years...but the lakers are the dirty tamperers. got it, media.

love that not a single outlet has mentioned that boston's picks need to be made before they can be traded for davis due to the irving situation.

it's on the lakers, too. NO feels confident our offer will be the same in the summer. tell them very clearly that it won't. and everyone knows ainge will try to keep tatum out of the deal in july. it's what he does. remind NO of that as well. i'd threaten to pull out of the bidding entirely if the deal isn't done this week, leaving them with ainge as the primary bidder. that would go really well...