ALL Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by John3:16, Jul 6, 2020.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    More unfortunate stuff. No solution in site.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  2. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Athletes who can't take 10 minutes of their day to research a topic and stay informed should SHUT UP AND DRIBBLE. These aren't Kareem Abdul Jabbar's out there... they're idiots who are protecting their brand and are forced to say BLM or else they lose their endorsements. A bunch of clowns, honestly.

3. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

They are one of two things: ignorant of the facts with no desire to become educated, or intellectually dishonest and using a poisoned well (BLM Organization) to gain power and influence.

Lebron is a proud family man. He is very involved with his kids lives. You can't tell me he would agree with "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement..." So he's either a liar or an ignorant patsy.

4. Savory Griddles

So BLM just scrubbed a ton of their "About" including the, "We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." part.

Diabolical organization.

5. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Well good thing the internet has a great memory.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190118185735/https://blacklivesmatter.com/about/what-we-believe/

:Shaqfunnyface:

sirronstuff and Savory Griddles like this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Lies. Never happened.

7. Savory Griddles

People are going insane. What's hilarious is people bring up past tweets where he praised the police. I think we are past the point of no return for our country. There is no fixing it if people have zero rationality.

Lakeshow85 and John3:16 like this.
  8. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Politics today is also based on emotion and not fact. One can call somebody a racist, so suddenly they are racist. One can say a country is racist, so suddenly the country is racist. Nobody ever looks at the facts and statistics. It's really typical of a post-modernist world where we can create our own reality of the world (and then be offended by the same reality we created).

9. Savory Griddles

The reason this happens is no one can prove they are not a racist. No one can prove they are not sexist. You can be innocent and say it until you are blue in the face, but you can't actually prove something that is immaterial like a thought. I see this tactic used everywhere, not just in politics. I hated The Last Jedi. I can tell someone that and explain why I didn't like it. I can point out how in Last Jedi they made Luke a completely different person. I can say they needlessly sidelined Finn's character. I can say Rey is using advanced Force techniques that take years of training despite only knowing about it's existence for three days. Yet instead of arguing the points where I not once brought up skin color or gender, often they immediately call you a toxic fan who can't handle strong women and can't handle a minority in a lead role.

The reason people use this tactic in politics, pop culture, and other spaces for debate is because they don't have facts to back them up. They can't argue it from a rational basis. So they change the argument. Now instead of it being about the issue at hand, the argument has shifted to you being a bigot of some sort. You are now arguing for your innocence as opposed to whatever you were arguing about before. One of two things happen: you continue arguing for your innocence or you get disgusted and walk away. Either of those two outcomes is a win for the idiot that wantonly throws around baseless accusations since they can continue to clutch their fake plastic pearls.

10. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Where things get really ironic is when a dark skin person (like myself) highlights that there is no racism holding me back. Liberals cannot tolerate this so will call me an Uncle Tom.

11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I never understood why "Uncle Tom" is derogatory, that nice guy saved children in the novel if I remember correctly. is it because of his humility and loyalty? The guy was a hero

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  12. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

For some reasons, the term Uncle Tom is used in a derogatory manner by people who do not understand the story. Most people think of an Uncle Tom as a sellout Black person sucking up to the racist/ slaving owning white establishment.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  13. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Yup, these people are uneducated and ignorant. I get called that all the time; when I tell these people that Uncle Tom is actually NOT a traitor and is a positive symbol, they lose their mind and double down on the term. As intricate and as much potential we have as humans, there are a lot of humans who are a lost cause.

sirronstuff and AussieLaker87 like this.
  14. Savory Griddles

Yep. The man kept quite and died to save two women knowing he would be beaten to death. He is just about the furthest thing from a sell-out I can think of. The people who call people Uncle Toms are no doubt ignorant and never bothered reading the book. They seemingly have some vague picture of him that resembles Samuel L Jackson's character in Django Unchained, not the heroic slave who sacrificed himself.

Lakeshow85 and AussieLaker87 like this.
  15. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

The greatest tragedy for Black America (from a Black Australian) perspective is that Booker T Washington's philosophies later became the minority for Black Americans, and W. E. B. Du Bois' ideas became the majority for Black America.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  16. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

I find there to be deep flaws in the misuse of the Uncle Term sledge. People are telling me 'you are only climbing the corporate ladder because you suck up to white conservatives'. Yet, these same liberals telling me this think that white conservatives are racist. So let's look into this further... if white conservatives are racist, wouldn't they give a job to a white person instead of a black person like me? No... they've selected me, as I was found most suitable in the job application process, because I am considered the person who is most likely to drive outcomes for the organisation.

sirronstuff and Savory Griddles like this.
  17. Savory Griddles

Which brings us back to the point above. You aren't getting what you want? You can't defend your position? Use the race card the to change the narrative.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Lakeshow85 and sirronstuff like this.
  18. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

The race card is a weapon.

Lakeshow85 and sirronstuff like this.
  19. AussieLaker87

AussieLaker87 - Rookie -

Has anybody seen the Larry Elders documentary called Uncle Tom?

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  20. Savory Griddles

I have not. Is it available to stream somewhere?

Lakeshow85 and AussieLaker87 like this.