2024 Draft Prospects Thread

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 2, 2024.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

abeer3 likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, go ahead, danny.

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

His chance to get back at us for getting AD instead of all his best laid plans at Boston. :D Even though Pops was saying AD wouldn't go there.

4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    yeah Danny

upload_2024-5-17_10-35-21.gif

abeer3 likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

I want him in the system at least a two way but it will take more than that obviously. So I have a feeling there will be an attempt to get assets from us and we’ll do what it takes … with any team in the second round ahead of us that is going draft him for whatever reason. And hope we can pull it off reasonably without looking stupid. Unless legit interest and the family’s good with it. Good kid …. great pedigree physically and tutorially.

6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Going somewhere else, might end up being, what's best for Bronny though.

Coming here is going to be a circus, I found it a little interesting, that now Lebron is saying, he just wants him to go somewhere, that he can be developed properly, but then we fired Phil Handy?

If he falls to us, we are going to draft him, if someone else takes him, that might just be the best thing for him. His pops casts a pretty large shadow.

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

abeer3 and VladeD714 like this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  9. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I am not opposed to getting him at 17 tbh lol

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

what assets, though? if they want the 55th pick and cash, sure. a future top-50 protected 2nd? sure. but a future unprotected second? nope.

you say you want him for yourself with an early second rounder?

[​IMG]

FrontOfJersey22 and LTLakerFan like this.
  11. LTLakerFan

Kinda what I meant. How much cash in that kind of situation plus the pick are they allowed to spend and how much even makes a dent in the other team’s thinking?

12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Was expecting to be able to find more players from the combine list their upcoming workouts. This is the only one I've seen so far (other than Bronny)

This is our second look at him, we brought him in last year before he decided to return to school

LTLakerFan and abeer3 like this.
  13. Slick2021

He has some decent size at 6'8..that's a positive.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  14. LTLakerFan

So .... Edey's NOT the 2nd coming of Brook Lopez? ;) Not even for 6 fouls beating the crap out of Jokic and sub worthy minutes his first season? He WILL probably be BETTER than this clip below by the start and certainly middle of this coming season. Think 2-3 seasons later? Think how Zubac evolved? Wemby "crusher" :clap: :rofl: What if he does develop anything at all like Brook Lopez (has nice touch at least on his 3s already per combine footage) .... and we passed on him if we actually use the pick? Asking for a friend who's a big Lakers fan and all he does is wine and moan about us not keeping Lopez or Zubac. Annoying dude!! :swear: :giggle: ;)

fhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ab-cKAImMI

^^^ We couldn't use what he does on D plus his HUGE rebounding capabilities .... and help AD out?

[​IMG]

Nice BIO for sure. Look at the national collegiate awards. 22 years old a few days ago with 4 years in the BIG 10 under his belt and a good athlete per my eye for his size and will get better at that with the pros, unquestionably. Looks to me ... who says NO .... in 3 years a better player than Zubac will be at his peak. This guy is going to be able to shoot 3s as well.

:Magic Brows:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Edey#:~:text=Zachry Cheyne Edey (born May,Year in 2023 and 2024.

Edey shot 60% off the dribble at the combine, albeit with no one guarding him, ran three-quarters-of-the-court sprint in 3.42 seconds, and had a 31 1/2-inch vertical leap. Not bad for a player who measured 7-3 3/4 with no shoes and weighed 299 pounds with a 7′ 10.50” reach.

“I think I need to show people I can shoot the way I believe I can,” Edey said. “But I think, for the most part, teams kind of know what I’m good at. Teams have tons of film on me. Obviously, I think I’m quicker than teams think I am. I think I can shoot better than teams think I can. I have to show that. I’ve been in college four years. They’ve got a lot of film on me. They kind of know what I can do.”

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    abeer3, Slick2021 and sirronstuff like this.
  15. LTLakerFan

OK .... Jerry West channeling here when he was working Kobe out. I just watched all of that video and "have seen enough", and with what our team has needed ever since the Bubble year we can get without giving up assets with a first round pick if he's still there in Edey. I can't think of a single other player that would impact our franchise more in years to come where we are drafting than getting this guy now .... 3-4 years before his PRIME even. 4 years of college under his belt at 22!

Slick2021 likes this.
  16. Slick2021

I'd roll the dice on him..that's a legitimately huge human being, if he can make it up and down the floor, quicker than Marc Gasol, I'm all for it!!

JSM and LTLakerFan like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

at 17, i'd have no problem taking a flier on edey. i see why there are skeptics, but success rate in the mid-first is low, why not take a shot here on someone with something you can't teach? i actually think someone will take him late lotto, though. chicago, sac, and portland all have picks around there.

FrontOfJersey22, JSM and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

All the mocks have him stereotyped it seems and a much later pick? I would think the Lakers did their scouting at the combine and if interested (they f****** should be gawdammit after blowing Lopez and Zubac and seeing how useful they have been the last 5 years, as well as we could positively use him against the real bigs in the league .... he's seen all the uber athletic "taller" guys in 4 years of the Big 10) ...... they won't tip their hand and bring him in. Like you say ... some other club is most likely thinking the same thing earlier.

abeer3 likes this.
  19. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

20. LTLakerFan

Again the opinions of 2 guys and they put up the clickbait of “The Truth”. Pretty selective reporting. I “bet” there are other scouts out there after the week he had that say OK for latter reaches of the 2nd round.