2024 Draft Prospects Thread

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 2, 2024.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

This is his 2nd workout, right? Didn't we have video of him shooting well from the pre-determined spots drill the first time in?

2. LTLakerFan

No that's Edey Dummy!

:LLLLLebronlaughing:

KareemtheGreat33 and sirronstuff like this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    We can hope, but I'm a little short on faith today lol.

KareemtheGreat33 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

Yeah!!

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  5. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    That’s what she said…by she I meant Sirron’s wife:Laugh:

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

abeer3 likes this.
  7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

abeer3 likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

well, she is only 4'10 1/2"

:Laugh:

And no matter your comment or attempt at a perceived slight, I'm huge to her.

:Noddingyes:

[​IMG]

9. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Yeah, he does remind me of Kuzma, but he does have a better three point shot though.

abeer3 likes this.
  10. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I would understand if they take Yves Missi at #17. He could back up AD for 10-15 minutes per game, and start 15-20 or so games that AD misses. He has similar attributes to AD (rim running and rim protection). With the free agent center market being weak, and the trade market for decent back up centers being limited or too rich (i.e. having to pay Capela 25 million to be a back up), Lakers could make a strong case for drafting Missi at #17.

abeer3 likes this.
  11. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I could also see us trading for another second rounder. Trading cash would hard cap us or something like that, but maybe a future 2nd, if a player will really like drops.

abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  12. sirronstuff

I could see it too just because of Bronny. Be a shame to take him if we can get a better player.

We have this odd time of a 40 year old star and win now attitude with a new coach along with the need to keep an eye on the future. We're one old man injury away from being out of the playoffs potentially. Unless removing Bron allows room for everyone else to step up their game and improve. (Not out of the realm of possibility)

But what we lack is a guy that can get his own shot. Reaves can to some degree, but if we made the playoffs, him alone being swarmed isn't going to cut it. We'll need playmakers/closers. AD is great, but since he's a soft beta glass trash can on borrowed time according to @abeer3 we should consider other options as well.

abeer3 likes this.
  13. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yeah I'm 95% certain we will get an earlier 2nd round pick, it's just our motto

JSM and abeer3 like this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

so hard to find a big who can play immediate minutes in the draft, much less outside the lotto. it's happened, but guys like kessler and lively are the exceptions that prove the rule, imo. if we can't get a legit veteran starting center, i'd be more inclined to try to lure a dayron sharpe or goga bitazde type than depend on drafting someone at 17.

i'm getting bummed again that most of the guys who have interested me are going to be gone at 17. early in the process, it looked like carter might be there (like wallace last year), but as it's gone on, that's not happening. i don't think holland will have a whitmore-level drop, either. even knecht won't reach us.

i hope our scouts are heavily engaged and have some influence this time, though. felt like we settled last time. if there's a guy we like who's going to go at 14, we should see what it takes to get him. and maybe we did that last year, or maybe our guys really did believe in jhs, but it felt like we just kinda chose between the two guys that slipped and sided with character over talent.

edit: wanted to add to my "settling" point above. we apparently wanted kobe bufkin last year, right? whether that was wise or not, he went 2 picks ahead of us, and i'm guessing the hawks weren't pinning all of their hopes on him. would a couple of seconds or some cash and 17 have gotten us our guy? feels like yes. let's do that if the chance arises, in all cases. and maybe we felt jhs and bufkin were almost the same, so it's moot. but our scouting has been good, so if they identify a guy that's within range of trading up, do it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    JSM likes this.
  15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

btw, if we're looking for immediate impact in the draft, i'd like someone who can defend 1s and 2s. and maybe that's bronny james! but that's where i'd be hoping for immediate impact, because i think it's possible to find a guy in the draft who can step in and do that almost right away.

JSM likes this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

upload_2024-6-14_10-35-18.png

indy has 36, 49, and 50 in the second round this year.

JSM likes this.
  18. pika1708

Yeah, I was listening to Buha with Vecenie and there's no way a team doesn't pick him higher, even if just for the lulz, prime TV exposure, f*** the Lakers or in a desperate way to lure LeBron to sign with them.

The kid is a marketing tool and LeBron haven't been helping. That's why I think we'll trade up so we can pick him. Hope we don't waste anything relevant to do so

abeer3 likes this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i just assumed we'd trade the 55 and cash for a pick in the mid 40s and take him, but carlisle's acting like he knows something.

20. pika1708

He may just be f***ing with us too, to build some chaos. But yeah I wasn't thinking that too.

I think since guys can get out of the draft after 1st round and agree with teams on the side, like we did with Reaves, escalated the low value of 2nd round picks. This year with a full day in between, I think it will happen even more. It opens more the field for other players and teams can just gamble if you're able to agree with the guy you wanted on the side.
    Thing with Bronny is that he, and LeBron, most likely want to actually be drafted as it's more meaningful for the family's legacy. I wouldn't care about it, but I think both want those optics.
    On the other end, if he rescinds the draft, he can control where he ends up as he may go to a city/franchise he won't want. But I would be surprised if he does it, it would double down on the nepotism of this pick.

His pick will be more political than based on basketball

abeer3 likes this.