2024 Draft Prospects Thread

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 2, 2024.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

And …. Pip Jr seems to have that mentality to keep working and getting better after Lakers gave up on him. Has served him well. A number of ex players’ sons have been in the league that have benefitted from the “ongoing” tutelage no doubt, irregardless of having moved on from their college coaches or whom they’ve had in the NBA.

abeer3 likes this.
  2. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

I see we are already talking ourselves into believing drafting Bronny is a good decision, after we did the same with believing JJ is a great choice for HC.

pika1708 and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Two of them were given a chance by this organization. Only increasing the likelihood that Bronny will be the next.

sirronstuff, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

No. Just understanding what is most likely going to happen irregardless of all the fan and twitter folks talk and rather than assuming either or both are proof this is now the most pathetic organization in the entire NBA … maybe we should wait and see what the FO comes up with. The ole glass half full gambit as opposed to the sky is falling because we can’t start that oh so sensible HOT rebuild idea next season?

:Magic Brows:

abeer3 likes this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i see we are doomsaying about late second round picks and coaching hires that haven't even occurred yet.

6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

None of them were drated either. Rich Paul says that Bronny isn't accepting two way deals.

7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Of course, how fun would be if we do not…:Laugh:

abeer3, sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    For the record I’m not opposed to any of this, hiring JJ or drafting Bronny, we already hired Ham and drafted JHS, the worst moves had already been done. Not that JJ will be better or Bronny is the better player, but the FO had better options then and they chose the worst ones lol

9. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

C'mon abeer, I'm the biggest critic of him in the last posts of this thread and I'm literally saying I would pick him. There's no doomsday, it's a late 2nd, literally doesn't matter, everyone is a gamble

Btw, Lively was a GREAT pick. That kid will be so good. Elite role player in the making. He's quite good in decision making, which sets him apart of all non-dominant bigs. He can handle himself in switches. And is elite (at his age) in rolling to the basket, crashing the boards and defending the paint.
    I'm a big fan, he would be great with AD

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

agree. doesn't matter. 95% failure rate. and yet people are so upset about it.

excellent pick. wasn't available to us. i'm pretty sure we'd have taken him at 17 if he was.

also worth noting that lively looks great in part because he's playing with the best lob generator in the league. he'd be good anywhere, but his (right now rudimentary) offensive skills are highlighted on that team. but yeah, i'd have him at #4 on my rookie board, behind wemby/chet/miller, and not that far behind the latter two, tbh.

11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

LA = money. He'll make more off the court here in year one than he'll make his entire rookie deal in Phoenix.

Irwin thinks Bron will push for the FO to get Handy back if we draft Bronny. Whether he'd come back for what would likely be a demotion remains to be seen.

abeer3 likes this.
  12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Suns? Really?

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. LTLakerFan

I don't get what the Suns are thinking. If true. Can't be. LeBron with his ego would take vet min (or even one of the "exceptions") to join three guys making max dollars, and .... they're going to (relatively) "blow" a 22nd pick in the first round when they have any number of immediate needs to fix areas way too weak this season?

[​IMG]

14. pika1708

I don't think it's a good idea to reject workouts. But with this it seems he's certain he's at least getting picked by us.
    I think he should try to get into Miami, best program to get developed

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Generally. Unless you have a promise and/or your agent is trying to control where you land. I think he he has one and RP is doing just that.

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

at this point, jeanie should ask the league to look into whatever the suns are trying to do behind the scenes. i wouldn't be shocked if ishbia's trying to offer lebron some illegal stuff under the table.

17. pika1708

Don't think LeBron would fall for that. His legacy is the most important thing to him. He wants to surpass MJ. Having something illegal on his resume would just kill any chance of that.
    He also wants to have a team. Pretty sure something like that would take him off of any chance to ever have it.
    Too big of a risk

LTLakerFan likes this.
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he's probably come up with some creative way to package it/loophole. this is what the rich folks are good at!

anyway, just no way lebron takes the minimum to join phx because they drafted his kid.

edit: btw, again annoyed with lebron. all he'd have to do is say two things to the press to kill this:

1. I'm not playing for a discount.
    2. I'm not just playing for whichever team drafts my kid.

he and rich are complaining that bronny's getting unfair attention/scrutiny because lebron's his dad, but lebron is still trying to pretend this is a leverage play. you can't have it both ways. if you're going to use drafting your kid as leverage to get the lakers to do what you want, you can't complain about the attention your kid is getting.

pika1708 and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. LTLakerFan

How would the league even be able to find any such "stuff" if it did exist, beforehand? Afterwards even.

abeer3 likes this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

depends on how clever they are. and i disagree that lebron's legacy would suffer. phx would get punished severely if caught, though.

anyway, i'm convinced miami's gotten away with all kinds of b******* for riley's entire tenure. no way udonis haslem turned down all those offers just for "heat culture". my a**. no way anthony carter's agent forgot to opt in on his behalf, coincidentally clearing the cap space miami needed to pursued brand/odom that summer. league never found anything, but those stunk to high heaven. not to mention the year-long tampering that went into getting lebron there in the first place.

anyway, my point is that i believe at least some folks get away with some stuff, and a desperate and very rich new owner is definitely the kind that would try.