2024 Draft Prospects Thread

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by JSM, Mar 2, 2024.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Wiz GM chimes in

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

I guess all these reputable guys, are also on Lebron's payroll or something.

Yeah... that Anthony Irwin, is the only "insider", that really get's to the "truth".

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

How about that ^^^ yes with some of the cash hopefully not all of it to move far enough up for Bronny, and then, if it doesn't go out for Mitchell, Murray or Trae .... trade 17 plus cash plus JHS or Castleton to a team ahead in the draft needing a PG and a Big for their spot to nab Edey. We need an equalizer for strategic points in the game to help AD out and THAT guy and AD could really shore up the D when playing together, plus rebounds, plus scoring, plus He and AD could play keep away with lobs. :D

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Going to keep this train going. As long as content keeps coming across my feed, I'm going to keep banging this drum.

abeer3 likes this.
  5. LTLakerFan

Meh .... sorry just me .... but another midget. Comparatively ;) Get a GIANT who will impact the game "soon enough" in much more powerful ways .... Get Edey. I see the 2nd coming or close enough of Brook Lopez. :rock: :cool:

Slick2021 likes this.
  6. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

The hell with tomatoes

[​IMG]

I'm intrigued enough in him to be fine with that direction. Really my pick depends on what direction we go with trades, what guards leave, and what bigs are going to be available at a realistic price point in free agency.

7. Slick2021

:ADeyesonyouleft:

LTLakerFan likes this.
  8. Slick2021

Man..we could buy a 1st rd pick for 7M? Damn... I need to dig into more actual research, into these draft prospects. This could be a redemption draft, for the Buss brothers.

This is interesting

9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Firsts usually go for more picks/players than straight cash (can't think of any off the top of my head that was straight cash for 1st). I believe the rate for an upper-tier 2nd round pick last year was $4m. Maybe a team makes us pay $5m cause they're trying to milk us for the Bronny push. Maybe we save $2-3m of that for any player trades we make on draft night.

If we went the big fish route, Pincus didn't think it'd happen until the calendar year for next season (began). It's just a lot easier with contract navigation.

abeer3 likes this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

check carter's stats, size, tape. freshman jhs was better than sophomore carter. had jhs stayed until junior year, he'd look better than carter does now, imo. maybe by a lot?

11. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball:Laugh:

abeer3 likes this.
  12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I see them a bit differently. I think JHS projected and projects as a better floor general, I think he'll be strictly a PG as he develops; whereas I see a higher motor and drive from Carter defensively and he'll be more of a combo guard. Carter also has NBA pedigree thanks to his dad.

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Latest ESPN Mock
    https://x.com/ESPNNBA/status/1793337282998493613?t=ump2RUm_dFi3LabGretIeA&s=19

Just going to share the ones that have been discussed the most here or our picks. If anyone is curious about where a guy falls and they don't have Insider let me know

1 pick away (3 if you're team Edey) I swear if this s*** happens again... Wallace and Lively weren't that close to us, but they still felt like they were just outside our grasp.

Boston stealing Bronny one pick before us. Nah, he can't join the Evil Empire. Whether you want him on the Lakers or not, I don't want him there. If we get wind of that I hope we call DET at 53 and jump them.

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, i was really hoping one of them would fall. the guy i wanted someone to bite on so that they would fall was...jhs. *sigh* i was certain washington would take jhs and start a domino effect where wallace or lively became available to us. but no. i do know that if there's another whitmore case, i bet we draft them this time!

da silva looks a bit like kuz on film. could do worse than that.

17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, watching that guy in the tourney was fun. i loved his competitive spirit, but was like...this will NEVER play at the next level.

he's a smaller kenny lofton, whom memphis cut loose, iirc. if you want to draft this guy, just go sign lofton to a two-way. he's better.

19. LTLakerFan

Seriously doubt the Lakers see and prioritize what (I think) I see, first in keeping the pick and second in doing whatever it takes trading 17 and cash or a young asset with Portland for their spot for Edey. Do we have anything young talent wise they need not named Reaves? 17, cash and Castleton or Max Lewis?

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i just think the questions about edey are legit. i don't love his feel for the game. you could be right, but i think he's a poor man's yao. and the game is different from when yao was an allstar. if he falls in your lap, do you take a shot? sure, why not? but giving up other assets...i'm not as confident as you are. haven't seen a lot in the way of crafty offensive play (passing, footwork, etc.), and he definitely isn't super mobile defensively, nor really an imposing shotblocker even given his size, imo.

Wino likes this.