2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

He might be the most offensively challenged big man I’ve ever seen.
    Dude makes Sacre look like a perennial All Star.

Juronimo, Cookie, JSM and 2 others like this.
  2. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Although everyone basically doesn't like him (Shaq, Draymond lol), I don't think Gobert was the Wolves biggest problem tonight.

It was the disappearance of Ant and KAT. If those two played average, they would've won handily. They benched their "max star" KAT in the 4th and Ant should've shot the ball instead of doing that stupid pass.

The Wolves were burned earlier by switching on everything with Kyrie making that 3 so why did they think it would work against Doncic? That's on Finch and favorite Michael Mori for devising that plan up. You can't play Gobert if that's the type of plan (he's been killed by Doncic in the past when he was in Utah) or you have to double/blitz.

Even if you play ideal defense, just ask AD about Jamal Murray...

3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

wolves offense is just too bipolar. if edwards is struggling, they really don't have anyone else capable of picking up the slack. not to mention gobert is an offensive black hole

4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

“DPOY”

KAT also is indeed 7 foot DLo, soft, 16 points game 1, 15 tonight, just disappears for stretches. Wolves got a lot of FTs too I know, but the game was also very poorly officiated, tons of missed calls like Ant being hacked on a dunk attempt with no call, and a non call like this, this stuff decides games, the ref is right there, the way this one was being called it really felt like Silver wants Luka in the Finals.

5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Luka deserves to be in the finals.

Barnstable and LTLakerFan like this.
  6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Like I said in the 2nd rd, It might be his turn this season. He's a great young player too, with a hell of a wingman to boot.

karacha likes this.
  7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

I'm fairness, any guard with a good handle, views a big on the perimeter as lunch meat, it doesn't matter how good of a defensive player he is. That's playground 101.

Juronimo and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

9. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

tsai won't negotiate with the lakers in good faith. no point in considering any deals with brooklyn as long as he's in charge

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

What he doesn't know won't hurt him

Screenshot_20240525_143814_Chrome.jpg

Cause he is the perfect improvement and need based fit on this team. I'll take him over Mitchell (who looks like he's staying) or Trae (yuck) or Garland (poor man's DLO) or whatever other guard they think of. I'd even be willing to overpay a little to get him.

Last edited: May 25, 2024
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

[​IMG]

Juronimo and abeer3 like this.
  12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Who we talking about …. Bridges?

13. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Pacers’ Tyrese Haliburton out for Game 3, doubtful for Game 4 with hamstring strain

14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

bkn turned down jalen green and multiple picks from houston at the deadline. what's our offer that trumps that?

15. 52years

52years - Rookie -

Wasn’t he going to take DLO in the 3 team trade with the Hawks? Before the Hawks backed out

16. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Boston’s waltz to the finals reminds me of most of Lebron’s trips when he was in the east. Mostly against.500 teams and the good teams were almost always missing key players. (There were exceptions of course, with very impressive wins against DRose Bulls for example).

Cookie, TIME and abeer3 like this.
  17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I want to know their offer first. Other than "multiple" picks it gets foggy as to what picks were involved.

Scotto (HoopsHype) said this
    There's 2 1sts of the Nets they still have and there's two swaps from that trade and their own picks in 28 & 30. "Several" isn't all. Was it 1 of their picks back, removal of swaps and one of their their own? With a young team trending in an upward direction those 28 & 30 picks might not hold much value. You hope there's some stubbornness on the Nets end of not wanting the optics of taking back your own picks from Houston cause you're admitting to a prior failure (maybe that's the Spurs-Hawks issue cause Trae makes too much sense there otherwise).

You offer Rui, JHS, Lewis (both our young assets) and see how many picks it takes. I get uneasy at 3. Depending on how well they had the rest of the off-season nailed down, I'd consider it. But that's if we have the PG and backup big issues figured out. Otherwise we're out of ammo to address that.

2 firsts, swaps, and all the second rounders we can scrounge up?

We probably get outbid, but that's the route I go and where i start. You can't get him then move on to Grant for less if you're convinced he'll be a good soldier and recommit to the defensive end of the ball. But that's a convo that has to be had before pulling the trigger.

Barnstable and abeer3 like this.
  18. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

not even lebron had this easy of a path. aside from a couple games of haliburton, the best player they've faced so far has been bam adebayo. and they're more than likely going to play a mavs team with luka playing injured in the finals

now that's a real mickey mouse ring

Punk-101 and Barnstable like this.
  19. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Sounds like Brooklyn could be a good trade partner with the Lakers. They want to rebuild and we want to win now. We have three first that could be traded. Makes sense.

20. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0042300312

According to the official report
    Comment:Irving (DAL) makes contact with McDaniels' (MIN) forearm, causing him to lose control of the ball.

McDaniels was supposed to make two free throws with a score of 108- 106 in favor of The refs made a mistake and gave ball to Mavs

Comment:Replay review of the out of bounds called on Irving (DAL) pursuant to a coach's challenge was deemed successful. McDaniels (MIN) is the last player to touch the ball before it goes out of bounds and play resumes with Dallas possession. A personal foul is not a reviewable matter when instant replay review of an out-of-bounds violation is triggered by a Challenge, nor is a no-call a challengeable event.

The match ended with a Dallas victory

Zoyd Wheeler and Weezy like this.