2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

What do we need him for? We have too many guards as it is.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  2. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

We’d be signing just to make sure he doesn’t turn into prime Reggie Miller or something against us 4 times a year.

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol, right? this guy's going to come out of the stands at age 67 and hit a game winner against us.

Cookie, Barnstable and ElginTheGreat like this.
  4. ElginTheGreat

Yeah man. I can’t stand him. Lol

5. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

We might have to do a salary dump ourselves. Our payroll is projected to be approx 189.4 M (with Dlo, Reddish, Hayes picking up their options and Christie signing at a projected 7 million). Second apron is 189.5 M, so it is cutting it close. Great job by Lakers finance team or whatever for threading the needle like that though. But I'm sure they want to leave some wiggle room for buy outs, etc. If Max signs for less and/or Reddish/Hayes options don't get picked up, we would be golden.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, i think the front office has been banking on dlo opting out or being involved in a trade that brings back less money.

i also think this particular financial issue is what rob was referring to when he was talking about how difficult trades are right now*. and for those upset about that, dunleavy was going on about it recently, too. it's just reality in this cba--if you're near those aprons, things start to get tight. this is why some of us wish lebron would take something less than his max, btw. when he starts passive aggressively complaining in january, i will point to his son's guaranteed contract and his full max and the cba and ask him what he'd have me do?

*i'll go further and say the trade we wanted was trae young, and could basically find no good way to make it work financially that would also work for the teams involved.

anyway, i'm just curious as to when the clippers are going to feel the squeeze. the pg negotiations are about length not amount. we're clearly conscious of the aprons/tax. even gs supposedly (finally) has a mandate to get down below the aprons.

7. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
  8. ElginTheGreat

About time GS was reigned in

abeer3 and Cookie like this.
  9. Kobe Bryant 8

Hating the C Bags
  10. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Great business by Dallas

JSM and abeer3 like this.
  11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

that one's been rumored for a few days. frees up the cash to re-sign derrick jones, too. dallas has the pieces in place for another run next year.

Cookie and JSM like this.
  12. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

Klay is reportedly being offering 2 years $25 million from Orlando. That's interesting.

I saw Cam Johnson's name pop up in some report where the Lakers are linked - I forget where, but I'd imagine Rob calling Brooklyn. If I'm not mistaken and without looking, I think Brooklyn has a 19 million dollar trade exception.

Funny, you mention the Isaiah Stewart name @abeer3 - I was thinking of that name that previous days and into the morning. He is listed as 244 pounds, but he has good wingspan and some decent size. He's still weighs 30 pounds less than Jokic, but if we're only asking him for 15-18 minutes a night, why not?

He's also only making $15 million (which kicks in next season) for the next few years.

I'd definitely prioritize another 3/4, but I do know we need another big.

D'Angelo makes his decision tomorrow and then the fun starts Sunday.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

2/25 or 2/50? 2/25 is an offer lots of teams can and would make. 2/50 is basically what he turned down from gs last year. have to imagine he stays in gs for that. that's not a serious offer to me. it's like our dan hurley offer. you're asking this guy to leave a big chunk of legacy/identity. there's a number! that's not it.

i'm sure we've called about him. i'd take him, but he's not at a position of greatest need, imo.

he's got a 9' standing reach and is just a beast, physically and psychologically. i'd love to have a real enforcer out there. he also kinda discovered a standing three last year. i think he overused it a bit, but it's something.

feel like between lebron/rui/vando and with knecht now on board, there's not as much room at 3/4.

now, we could trade rui for stewart. detroit could probably use rui better than we do. at that point, another 3/4 type might make sense. or just re-sign prince.

i'm assuming dlo's gone, so we need a pg. and we've needed a big for two years now.

Cookie likes this.
  14. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

Klay was being offered 2 per $25 million a year.

I'm sure we inquired about Cam Johnson, too. I read a report that the Lakes are looking for a 2-way wing that won't get played off the court. I think Dalton is more of a 2/3, and while I like Rui, I don't know if I can depend on his defense and rebounding right now in a PO series. Could it improve? Sure, but I'm not certain how soon. LOL. Ideally, the 3/4 could play next to LeBron and take the harder matchup defensively since LBJ is going to play free safety or just not compete on certain possessions...i.e. a cold Wednesday night in Charlotte.

I also think Vando can't shoot, and I think he gets moved. I think we're going to start moving some pieces around, IMO. I'm fine with that.

Cookie and lakerjones like this.
  15. Kobe Bryant 8

Hating the C Bags
  16. LakeShowAZ

LakeShowAZ - Rookie -

Don't even think about it Rob

[​IMG]

17. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Rui straight up for Stewart or Gabe + Wood + Reddish for Stewart

abeer3 likes this.
  18. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Trading for CP3’s contract would be terrible, but if he ends up getting cut and available for the minimum, I’m not sure we could do better.

I’d prefer Dinwiddie but he might be out of our price range. CP3 is too old and injury prone to rely on as a starter, but I’d be fine pencilling him in as the back-up PG

abeer3 and JSM like this.
  19. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

Stein is saying the Warriors are pushing hard on the PG opt in and trade. Pushing back CP3’s guarantee date seems consistent with that.

abeer3 likes this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

been saying wiggins and cp3 for PG made sense. tricky because both teams are so far over the apron that i think the salaries might have to match exactly?

sk2408 likes this.