2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

The Knicks are still keeping Mitchell Robinson, right? Robert Williams can't stay healthy. Wiseman is a bust. Jonas a possibility? Lopez? Just thinking out loud. Sigh. Maybe a tough one trying to get a 5 or I'm just overthinking it. Would Boston part with Xavier Tillman? IDK.

2. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Grab Jeremi Grant via trade and get a center and this team could be interesting. Knecht if he can play passable defense really open things up for what they can and lineups they can run

3. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

Well..Myles Turner and Clint Capela are both sitting on expiring 20M dollar deals this upcoming season. Lopez is expiring at 23M.

ElginTheGreat and VladeD714 like this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Bulls blowing it to too little too late, returns would've been better if they knew what the rest of us did.

DD is being linked a lot to Clipps this week as a possible PG replacement. No clue how they juggle those S&Ts especially with this CBA. Some 3 team'er with Clipps, GS, and Chicago?

Cookie likes this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

if george just walked (doubtful), the clips could have full mle even after signing harden, i think? or at least close.

but yeah, receiving a S&T would be difficult for them.

Cookie likes this.
  7. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I wonder if we offered the same deal to San Antonio that the Wolves did? I'm sure Pop would prefer to deal it to the Wolves, even though we would project to have better picks in 2028 and 2031. It would of been a great deal for us. We could have picked Dillingham or Carter.

8. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Pop is more than willing to take a lesser deal to spite us.

In this case, I gotta admit that I actually like Knecht more than Dillingham or Carter.

9. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Well whatever the case may be, we could have had two of them. For example, Carter's defense would have perfectly complimented Knecht.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

me too. i maybe had a carter a hair above knecht, but i had them both above a good chunk of the top 10, lol.

i'm obviously missing something on dillingham, though. at his size, you have to be morant/iverson. you have to be a jaw dropping athlete. again, we'll see. i would not have felt comfortable trading two unprotected 1sts for any of them.

11. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I’m not familiar with Dillingham or Carter, but trading a future FRP and pick swap for a rookie in this historically weak class instead of using it in a package for a veteran would have been a tough pill to swallow

12. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

The guy is lighting quick, has sick handles, posterizes people , and has deep shooting range to boot. That is the NBA point guard of today. It would of been a distant first and a swap. The 2031 1st overall pick is currently 12 years old.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

we'll see. i disagree on his ceiling (by quite a bit, actually).

as for future picks, ask the nets about giving up distant picks without protections. i'd be very upset with my general manager if they did that. that's the kind of move you make when you don't have to worry about cleaning up the mess later.

as hj said, at least if i trade future picks for a known quantity, i get something now. there's no guarantee dillingham even becomes as good as lou williams at this point. it seems possible, maybe likely. but to give up fully unprotected picks years in the future i better be guaranteed something very useful now.

pika1708, Cookie and ElginTheGreat like this.
  14. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Yeah, well not trying to hot take or anything man. I don't care if he succeeds or not, we didn't get him lol.

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

oh, i'm the one who asked for the pro-side of that argument, and you provided it!

16. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

ROTFL. Move on Dan, Lakerland already forgot u even exist. I have no idea how will the "JJ experiment go" but we dodged a huge bullet by not getting Hurley.

ZenMaster, Cookie, JSM and 5 others like this.
  17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

pasting this as i got off topic in the knecht thread:

trade targets:

center:

isaiah stewart. assuming we can prevent him from trying to kill lebron again, the pistons seem to want to move him. i get why; he's been a minus on both ends, but you have to be careful judging on bad teams. you want a guy to bear wrassle so AD doesn't have to? this guy. he's on a long-term deal at just over current mle, so not bad. gabe's salary doesn't quite get there, but gabe + a minimum contract might. maybe add a couple 2nds? gabe and jhs and they add something?

capela makes a little more but could be had. if i'm sending rui as part of it, they don't get anything else good from me and may need to kick in something.

if gs really is interested in a dlo reunion, the looney/gpII for dlo trade someone mentioned would also interest me.

smaller deal: jhs for nick richards?

sf:

our old friend bruce brown's value is kind of at a low point right now. would toronto be interested in rui/wood or rui/jhs?

similar package for deandre hunter during atlanta's firesale?

gabe/jhs for DFS. this will please sirron as we maintain three-name equilibrium.

18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Really like the Isaiah Stewart idea. We need a fire breather on this team. As long as he doesn't injure LeBron or AD in practice.

Barnstable, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  19. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I feel the same way about Cam and Stewart. I am concerned about the backcourt in terms of someone who could guard point guards, while at the same time not take the ball out of Reave's hands so much. I think Stewart would be a good consolidation trade get for us, since we could dump off salaries on Detroit. We basically could take on more long term salary and fil a need, while saving money on short term salary and trimming some fat. Not sure what Detroit would want? Maybe, Rui/Gabe for Stewart? Rui and Gabe only have 2 years left, wile Stewart has 4. Detroit may be interested. In the process, we save significant money for this season.

abeer3 likes this.
  20. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Nice names. I liked Bruce Brown a lot, indeed his value should be lower now and he should be available. Not sure we can save a pick on that one. I'm torn in giving FRPs for role players like Brown or Grant. I don't think it's smart when you have old stars. Though with Bron signing 2/3 years, we'll have another pick becoming available during that tenure.

Stewart and Richards would be nice, they're probably not very expensive. JHS could have some opportunities to grow in Charlotte and they're in no hurry with their latest pick, so he can develop as Ball's backup if they trust him more than Mann or Nick Smith

Absolutely agree we should target these low 5/10 teams who have valuable players that don't fit their timeline

abeer3 likes this.