2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Honestly I don't care about how they're going to pay
    Just in case Buha has YouTube channel that I am sure he covers same stuff
    P S Just a few years ago ESPN + was free as part of ESPN magazine subscription and Athletic didn't exist
    Now ESPN+ I think like 12 $ a month and ESPN insider also is paid service.
    And ESPN+ isn't streaming any NBA games so you should pay for other services League pass or whatever to watch games.
    P. S.S I would rather read Slam magazine than ESPN or Athletic
    But it's just me

Last edited: Oct 22, 2024 at 1:55 PM
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think the internet warped our sense of the value of journalism, and it's had pretty disastrous consequences, imo.

pre-internet, you had to pay to get hoops magazines and physical newspapers to get hoops-related content. then it was everywhere. but how does one make a living writing about covering sports (or anything) now? substacks, etc., i guess, but otherwise, it's via charging for subscriptions like we did before the internet.

i do think they overcharge, though, and i haven't brought myself to actually purchasing any of them, as none have proven reliable enough (consistently have things i want to read) for my taste. marc stein's sub might be the closest i've come to actually supporting.

anyway, it's actually a large social problem to which i don't have a great answer.

pika1708 likes this.
  3. showtime24

showtime24 - Lakers 6th Man -

Reaves and Caruso are different players. You act like they have a similar skillset. They are nothing alike, except for being undrafted 6-5 guards. I don't get it. Caruso is much more compatible with Lebron for obvious reasons.