2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    I'm sorry!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TIME, abeer3 and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  3. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    My guess is the league is going to have some words with her. Although, I am guessing this is fake.

sirronstuff likes this.
  4. sirronstuff

obviously fake, but not a bad job

5. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

so you've got nothing, as usual.

this is literally you. shams didn't say that stein's reporting was wrong. nobody has said anything contrary to it. people have written stories about other things that would also make sense if what stein said was true. kyrie went for less than what several people said we put on the table. or were all those people lying, too. who's lying? whoever says what slick doesn't like! easy!

lol, no. but facts aren't your thing. i was mad at rob and magic for most of their non-lebron moves for the first 18 months of their tenure. i was furious about letting caruso walk. lol, i was mad about the drummond signing and how it was handled. i was mad we didn't pursue a real center last offseason. that's all just off the top of my head. i just don't get mad about fabricated stuff like "we didn't try to get kyrie" and "rob doesn't know the cap/scrambling". as hj said in another thread, this idea that our FO is full of drooling morons who know nothing about how to run a basketball franchise is out of control.

this involves layers of speculation into motives, etc. my story doesn't. it just involves trusting that marc stein doesn't report made up stuff. it's kind of his calling card for many, many years.

because we kept meeting demands and they kept asking for more. they didn't ask for the equivalent of reaves and christie from dallas. they just made the trade. with one fewer future first than we offered, iirc.

1. it's the principle--see above.
    2. with kyrie, but no dlo/vando/rui/reaves, we're not winning. you yourself have been pumping up washington and gafford for dallas--we'd have had no assets to get any players of this quality, now or in the future. lebron/AD/kyrie/vet mins ain't winning. you're phx. right down to at least two of your guys missing 20+ games every year.

honestly, lebron can f*** off with this s***. i don't care if he buys it. he tanked us and himself with the westbrook stuff. had he not done that, maybe we DO have kyrie right now!

what's the direct quote that claims that rob didn't pursue the trade. why would basically everyone reporting on it say that we were pursuing the trade if we weren't? why would we have been connected to kyrie for like, two full years if we weren't interested?

we maybe weren't interested in gutting the team or being used to up kyrie's price, but we were most definitely interested in adding kyrie. so much so that it was reported that we put both our future picks on the table--something we'd held out of other attempts to get off russ's rotting corpse.

anyway, you can keep getting mad about fake stuff, or we can talk about the present and future as opposed a fictional past that angers us.

Wino, Cookie and lakerjones like this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol. lmao even.

432J likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

is it wrong that I'm carefully checking the username these days to verify it's not a fake account?

Not that I wouldn't post it, but to not believe it. I actually don't even follow college ball, but the interview with JJ indicates he thinks at a very high level. Would be cool if he can make the transition to the pros.

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i checked it, too. it's legit. i'm guessing we wouldn't have let it leak if we weren't pretty sure that it was going to happen, too.

anyway, i view this is less risky than jj, but still risky. and either of those was more interesting than adelman or borrego or stotts or whatever.

10. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

He's really good. He runs an NBA offense now and is one of the best X and O guys in college hoops. As I said in the other thread, it may not translate but I'm all for taking this gamble.

TIME and abeer3 like this.
  11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

"with kyrie, but no dlo/vando/rui/reaves, we're not winning. you yourself have been pumping up washington and gafford for dallas--we'd have had no assets to get any players of this quality, now or in the future. lebron/AD/kyrie/vet mins ain't winning. you're phx. right down to at least two of your guys missing 20+ games every year"

"we maybe weren't interested in gutting the team or being used to up kyrie's price, but we were most definitely interested in adding kyrie. so much so that it was reported that we put both our future picks on the table--something we'd held out of other attempts to get off russ's rotting corpse."

"anyway, you can keep getting mad about fake stuff, or we can talk about the present and future as opposed a fictional past that angers us"

NO professor. I guess you just never bothered, to actually read Shams article, and then you only cherry picked, what you wanted from Stein's.

All we ever offered Brooklyn, was Westbrook and draft picks period. We didn't even offer Reaves and Christie. That was what Brooklyn asked for, in counter to our final offer of Westbrook and the two future picks. We pulled out of the negotiations, because we deemed that as a price too high.

This is Shams article again.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/41...-lakers-suns-shams?source=user-shared-article

Stein's quote was...
    According to NBA reporter Marc Stein, "one of the presumed objectives" for Tsai was to move Irving somewhere other than "his preferred destination" of the Purple and Gold.
    One of the presumed objectives, isn't the same thing, as refusing to trade Kyrie Irving to the Lakers. It said one of the presumed objectives. What does presumed mean?

] to believe something to be true because it is very likely, although you are not certain: [ + (that) ] I presume

Stein also said that the Lakers final offer, 2 days before Irving was traded, was Westbrook and 2 future draft picks. Same as Shams.

We traded Nunn for Rui, so he had nothing to do with that trade. Gutting the team is someover the top nonsense. Westbrook made 12M more Irving in the 1st place,adding Reaves and Christie meant that someone had to be coming back with Kyrie. However we declined their counter, so we'll never know who that might have been.

If the Westbrook trade was this great blunder, then passing on the chance to get Kyrie Irving, for his contract, and Austin and Max, was an even bigger one.

Now Irving is in the Finals, and we are still looking to trade, those same 2 future draftpicks And possibly Reaves,Christie, Vando anyway. Might let Chokeolo walk for nothing at all. Total blunder on the FO.

abeer3 likes this.
  12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right. we offered more than dallas (two future picks to their one). nobody would trade reaves and christie and a 1st for dorian finney smith (the nets cut dinwiddie, so he was just salary to them). that's pure bad faith negotiating, and like the indy situation, there's also a high likelihood that had we included those guys, they still might have asked for more.

kyrie wasn't coming here. even if he did, we'd have nothing but vet mins around.

but keep getting mad about it a year later. dallas missed the playoffs entirely last year, notice not a peep about this then...

Cookie and Weezy like this.
  13. Slick2021

BS man..So your point is..." How dare they ask for more than Westbrook, and picks? For a future HOF in his prime? That s*** is ridiculous dude.

We are NOW..looking to move them same damn picks, and possibly some of the same damn players.lol

Brooklyn asked for players in addition to picks,that's their perogative. Dallas met that demand, we didn't. We did not offer more than Dallas, you are just waffling around here

How would we be limited, to only vet mins if we had made that trade? We traded Bev, we had traded Nunn earlier.

Kyrie wasn't coming here, because Rob whiffed, period. Lol..Reaves and Christie..a price too high. That s*** remains a blunder of epic proportions.

Who gives a s*** what Dallas did last season? They didn't have LeBron and AD either.

14. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I’m convinced Slick has a wheel that he spins every morning with different Laker topics on it. Whatever it lands on is what he argues for the day.

Potential subjects

Vogel sucked
    Russ is a HOF player
    Bron and AD only played 21 games
    We could of had Kyrie
    Dlo is a choker

Weezy, wallangong, pika1708 and 10 others like this.
  15. Slick2021

All true Cookie..all true..including the first comment.

Cookie likes this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

No.

and i'm not repeating myself. yell at a cloud.

Weezy likes this.
  17. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Lakers with the ultimate troll job on Boston.
    :Adburn:

Barnstable, JSM and ElginTheGreat like this.
  18. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

don't forget "the lakers win the west as long as lebron and AD are healthy"

oops

Toneloc and Cookie like this.
  19. Slick2021

Lol..NO

rather yell at you.

abeer3 likes this.
  20. Slick2021

Yep said that too. Lebron getting old tho..need more backup now.