2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

I ain’t panicked and I already stated that I’m fine that Rob didn’t make a big trade.
    I’m not fine with him not retaining either Dinwiddie or Prince if he had no intentions of adding a big. I don’t care if we don’t have a roster spot(that’s ALL on Rob). Waive one of our dead weight pieces.
    I’m also not fine with him failing at making his most value piece(on the court)happy. AD has made it clear that he wants to play the four and Rob just ignored his request. We could have signed Valencuinas, but the FO didn’t want to give him the extra year we requested(reported by Trevor Lane).
    You don’t need to make a huge trade every season, but you should at least be able to improve some role player spots every summer. Rob has just been so Heckle and Jeckyl during his time here and it’s significantly hurt our chances.
    If Jeanie had half a brain, Bob Myers would have already taken over Pelinka’s job. But, he’s not qualified since he doesn’t have any former “Laker ties.” It doesn’t matter that he built the Dubbs Dynasty.
    Mom and Pop run organization until they finally sell.

Juronimo and lakerjones like this.
  2. FrontOfJersey22

We currently have SEVEN players under contract who will miss significant time already this season due to injury or who have proven that they aren’t even good role players:
    Vando
    Wood

Hayes
    Reddish
    Lewis
    JHS
    Max Christie (I’m higher on him than most since I think he will help
    this year)

I could have added Gabe, but he gets a pass since he has shown in the distant past that he can play.

Bronny is a huge question mark.

So, we currently only have these guys who we know can play:
    AD
    LeBron
    Reaves
    Hachi
    DLo

Knecht(maybe)
    Christie(maybe)
    Gabe(maybe)
    Bronny(maybe)

That’s not even close to being enough. Our bench might be the worst in the League until Wood and Vando return.
    Only way we are in the hunt come the trade deadline is if NONE of our starters lose much time from injury AND two of the maybes ball out and become dependable players right away.
    I’m just calling it like I see it.
    The West is brutal and our team is extremely shallow.

3. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

We couldn't waive anyone and signed somebody. When you waive, it still counts against the cap space and we have none below the 2nd apron. Going above it has penalties on future trades and future picks.
    Agree on AD in general but I think Bron is pushing in the opposite direction and the organization is favouring him.
    Trevor Lane didn't report anything. There's no evidence on what he said about Valanciunas. You can decide on what you believe, but the fact is that there's no evidence on that nor official reports on it. It's hearsay/clickbait. It also doesn't make sense on the timeline, we were clearly going after Klay by the time Valanciunas signed, so I think he was only plan B.

Agree in general too. But c'mon, Bronny is not a serious player right now. I'm 100% sure he's not playing any competitive minute this season, apart from the "marketing minutes" with his dad. That's a odd take
    Hayes is fine and I think that's harsh. Boston plays Kornet often and he's worse. Cam is not a bum and won't hurt as a 11th player like he is right now. JHS may surprise a few people, I give him the benefit of the doubt yet.
    Sure, it's not good if we need to play those end of the bench guys too often, but apart from Lewis and Bronny, that really look like far way from NBA level, the others can give a few not bad enough minutes.
    But agree that we are highly dependable of our top6

FrontOfJersey22 likes this.
  4. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Just one point to make, don't you think that Rob is doing what he is directed to do by Jeanie Buss????

Pioneer10 likes this.
  5. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

6. PurpleAndGold88

34s vs 23s who you got ? B8847890-1A14-41FF-89E6-9ABA3BBE560D.jpeg

sirronstuff likes this.
  7. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Right. If praise is warranted after we see him play then I will happily give it to him and the front office. Until then it’s just one more question mark with this team for me.

Barnstable likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I'll take the size of the 34's all day long.

9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

He's been pushing and pulling Javale around a weight room for some of his physical training this summer. Supposedly per a post on LG Toronto fans are pissed he got away because they didn't have faith to think he would recover from the clot problem and waived him.

10. FrontOfJersey22

I was being nice by adding a (maybe) next to Bronny because he might turn into a decent player by season’s end. I’m fine if you want to place him in the “unplayable” category.
    I will stand by my opinion regarding Hayes and Reddish because there are multiple seasons of data which clearly show both are awful role players.
    JHS isn’t surprising anyone this season- he’s still a project.
    Again, we can’t waive anyone because Rob gave out these POs like candy corn on Halloween when he didn’t have to.

pika1708 likes this.
  11. FrontOfJersey22

So, Rob has zero power when it comes to picking players? He’s just a puppet?
    No, I don’t buy that. Of course Jeanie has veto power, but she isn’t picking these squads.

TIME likes this.
  12. FrontOfJersey22

If the 34s start off with the ball, there’s no way the 23s are getting it back. Just dump it into either Shaq or Hakeem every time and it’s over.

13. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

The Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to deals with Skylar Mays and Eugene Omoruyi, sources told
    @hoopshype
    . Mays appeared in 38 combined games for the Portland Trail Blazers and Los Angeles Lakers last season. Omoruyi appeared in 43 games for the Washington Wizards last season
    Skylar next to Ant will be candidate for MIP

abeer3 likes this.
  14. PurpleAndGold88

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Damn C-Bag hooligans! :giggle: :clap:

16. The Showtime Mamba

The Showtime Mamba - Lakers 6th Man -

I was very excited to hear about the Lakers acquiring hall of famer Koko B. Ware. His aerial skills could have been a threat at the hoop and his tough no nonsense style would have added a dog to our squad who wouldn't let A.D. get punked.

I will just have to be happy with who we actually got. Welcome Christian Koloko B. Ware.

17. The Showtime Mamba

The Showtime Mamba - Lakers 6th Man -

I don't like Logan Paul. I don't want him around Laker merchandise.

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i like both mays and omoruyi from the bits i've seen, but they can't crack a rotation right now unless you're in trouble.

sorry, this doubles as a "the margins are a bit overrated" post.

what i mean is i've definitely seen flashes from these guys that suggest they can be legit nba bench players, but the probability is like 1 in 50 that someone who's already had the opportunities they have will suddenly become an impactful nba player. happens, but don't hold your breath or lose sleep, depending on context.

i've been out of town during the koloko discussions (if there have been some), but i view it similarly. definitely has some stuff, not holding breath as some sort of solution.

19. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    I guess with all your experiences it gets easier, size notwithstanding :Kobe Snickering:

20. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

lakerjones and abeer3 like this.