2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it's funny because even though curry has nominally played pg his whole career, i never think of him as one because he's off the ball so much on offense.

Barnstable and Cookie like this.
  2. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I feel like West is more often deemed a SG but generally thought of as a combo guard, and that blurred line ultimately leads to him being underrated on all-time lists IMO.

TIME, Pioneer10, Cookie and 1 other person like this.
  3. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

LMAO
    Kevin Garnett about Shaq : «If he had not been injured, we would have won the championship
    Sure Kevin :LLLLLebronlaughing:
    Listen, we played with Shaq. He was already old player, but he was still Shaq. If he had not been injured, we would have won the championship.

4. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

5. PurpleAndGold88

6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

PurpleAndGold88 likes this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2024/...er-phoenix-suns-team-usa-olympics-unsung-hero

i actually think that while the narrative of the olympics (aside from the lebron coronation) was about ant as the heir apparent, booker was the guy who did more for his rep--at least for me. seeing him fit in as a role player was something i didn't expect, and he killed it. i haven't been a huge booker fan in the past, but he earned some respect from me in the olympics, probably moreso than edwards, tbh.

and i think edwards's willingness to step back was both admirable and something i didn't expect. i just think booker emerging as a sort of vital connector was interesting and overdue. with jones at pg and durant (and occasionally beal) out there, phx will basically score at will. if booker can pull some of that defensive interest/intensity back stateside, i'd take them more seriously.

and all that said, i'll say the same that i would about lebron: it's easy to box out and not get back doored for 20mpg against sudan than it is to do that for 36 minutes against boston.

but i'm at least willing to entertain the notion for booker now.

sk2408 likes this.
  8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

I agree about Booker. He fully embraced the role and was absolutely huge for team USA. His game translates quite well, I think.

9. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

its the same play in team, theres no guarantee Reddick is a good coach, as for Christie still lots of question marks as to what hes good at

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

i didnt say gsw moves were good or not, i mentioned them because prior poster excused the new cap rules as to why rob didnt do anything.....you guys simply put this team failure on injuries when the 2 stars were relatively healthy......like i said this offseason didnt help in regards to contending within the 2yr window

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

is that a cruise ship?

FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

It's NOT the same playin team with health (of course) and our key role players all back and most likely Redick and THIS staff will be better than freaking Ham and his staff. It's your expectations always glass broken and empty saying that. It's what you do. Glass half full, with "real" possibilities isn't rose colored glasses territory. Last year's "roster" was not a playin roster after getting rid of Westbrook with who were brought in. We just finished going to the WCF. And getting swept yes, but not blown out of that series.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

this doesn't make sense. gs could only make moves because they were willing to shed like 70 million in salary. they may not have been worth that, but they were very valuable to their team last year. they got worse, then made moves to get better. we don't know if the latter will work out.

the lakers did nothing whilst being better than where gs left off. why are you mad? and if you're mad, why bring up gs as the comparison? should we have let lebron walk or s&t'd him for buddy hield and kyle anderson?

14. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

so reddish, woods, gabe n vando were that impactful? last yr was a play in team because thats what happened and almost got swept again, none of those 4 wouldve impacted the den series

17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

again gsw was brought up to invalidate the cap rules as an excuses....they had the exception to use but didnt even bother using that as the 3 meh vet min guys all came back....thought goal was to contend not just 1st rd fodders

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

we couldn't use the exception because of the second apron. had all three vet min guys opted out, we'd have had the tpmle. how many tpmle players were obviously better than say, christian wood?

anyway, i already pointed out why the reason the cap rules didn't affect gs is because they suffered major losses. the cap rules also didn't hinder the clippers...because they lost their best player!

you have yet to point out what it was rob could have done. instead, you just air grievances. there's a whole thread for that, and you can live there. here, we can discuss reality.

did you want rob to trade two first rounders and two younger rotation players for jerami grant? reaves and first rounders for dejounte murray? what's the magic thing that was possible?

SamsonMiodek, LTLakerFan and pika1708 like this.
  19. PurpleAndGold88

20. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

I don’t know why Ant would be so dumb to trash a generation of players. What do you get out of that. Not a good move on his part whether he believes it to be true or not.

Barnstable, TIME, abeer3 and 3 others like this.