2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Rob negotiating to end of the bench FAs...

[​IMG]

Quick aside, any time I think of that I'm reminded of this Dane Cook bit. You know when he was at the peak of his powers, back before everyone found out he was an unoriginal joke thief.
    [​IMG]

Hey Rob, if you have to give an PO to anyone outside of a top 9 on a roster( even 9 might be pushing it). Maybe you're better off without them.

52years, Cookie, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

That's too rich for my blood.

But I wonder if JHS has similar value.
    [​IMG]

In other leaguewide comedy: let's check in on Chi-Town

"...foundation for the next great Bulls team" you've had two of those in the past 40 years.

[​IMG]
    You can't play hard to get when no one wants your s***.

Cookie, Pioneer10, alam1108 and 4 others like this.
  3. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

Still...nothing. LOL. Well, at least we didn't give Klay 4 years for $20 million. He looked awful in a pick-up game at the gym.

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Cookie, alam1108, abeer3 and 2 others like this.
  5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I don’t recall a single complaint about any of the player options last year. Hindsight is easy.

6. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

Such a big failure so far, and I don't see any reason to believe Pelinka can rebound from the start of this offseason.

7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Hindsight is a fan's privilege, foresight is a GM's job.

8. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

...oh, that's a good one.

sirronstuff likes this.
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Hold on have to check if hell froze...cause I'm agreeing with Slick.

We didn't understand the new cap and how restricting it was going to be. I'm curious if our front office understood it. Most teams employ a capologist for such things, but since our front office is so small I'm not sure we have that position filled.

10. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

They have Coby White and that's it? What is that team thinking in terms of a young core

11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Coby, Giddey, Patrick Williams, Jalen Smith, Ayo and the rookie

12. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

They have young bodies but are they any good outside of Coby? Giddey has potential but he's turned into a reclamation project couldn't shoot a lick last year.
    Patrick Williams really - he was just dude

13. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I think the whole first 2/3 of season 2 of Westbrick was worse as far as everyone dumping on him here and in the media for not taking (what were horrible) any deals to get him the hell off the team .... and he stuck to his guns and did much better deals at the deadline. Why is THIS any different and any worse of a position for him. We also do not have ANY insight as to what the conversations are with him and Redick with regard to what HE most wants gone from the team and acquired, without mortgaging the team's immediate future past LBJ hanging it up.

lakerjones likes this.
  14. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I don't see the failure so far. There simply weren't the moves to make yet. If we could have gotten Valuncunias I would have liked that but that means Lebron would have to keep his word and give up $20 million. Not sure if we missed it because of timing waiting for Klay or if Lebron just wasn't being fully honest about that haircut. Not sure that's on Rob at all. Klay was the bigger fish although I thought Jonas was maybe the better fit/get. Glad we didn't shell out $80 million for Klay, that would have been awful.

RE: Portland if they came down from that high ask of two FRP's to get Grant then we'd have made a very nice consolidation 2 for one trade and get a legit starter back. 1 FRP was reasonable. 2 was too high. We don't have the luxury to just attach more than market rate picks. I don't see Portland getting any other offers so screw it for now. They are the ones holding that up not Rob IMO. Rui, Gabe, one FRP should be plenty to get that trade done.

I don't see what other moves there are to make right now? Wants - would be great to get a big body Center who can D it up. Kinda missed on Jonas but that one didn't really seem to be in the cards. Would love a starting level forward for Rui and whatever else it takes. Would like some kind of consolidation trade with some of the redundant backup guys - Reddish, Wood. Would like to hold onto Dinwiddie if possible and move Gabe.

pika1708 and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

How is this true, how? DLo shot almost 42% from 3 last year, made the most threes in Laker history, averaged 18/6, any other team with a player doing that does not have this “negative value” thing attached, it’s silly.

16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Ayo is another developing guard but might be in a situation like Sexton-Garland where two guards developing at the same time will hinder each other. Adding Giddey into the mix doesn’t help.

Patrick Williams and Jalen Smith can still be developed, lots of opportunities now with Derozan gone. They might just end up being good role players though.

But yeah, they definitely should be tanking for Cooper Flagg… instead of trying tk move forward with this bunch. Good players but Flagg is worth tanking for

JSM likes this.
  17. lakerjones

Ridiculous. All three are on decent value contracts for their production. Gabe is only suspect because he was out all year with injury- thanks Miami. With the Heat he had a good playoff run. Rui is kind of a bargain with 50 plus percent overall shooting and 40 percent from three. He and Dlo are only making about $18 million per year. Gabe’s at TPMLE level only.

SamsonMiodek, alam1108 and Pioneer10 like this.
  18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

There is no way Slick made that one up. Where did you get that line Slicky?

19. lakerjones

I’m actually fine with running it back with some small consolidation to get a backup big. Having a healthy Vando is a nice perk this year. Dlo, Reaves, Vando, Lebron and AD won 65% of their regular season games the year before last. The same lineup with Rui did about the same, but Vando supplied better D for that backcourt and Rui played the bench scorer well. Just roll out the Vando lineup to start, move Rui back to bench scorer, make a consolidation trade.

The biggest reason we ended up in the playin the last two seasons was because of our awful first halves of those seasons. The first year was the terrible roster with Westbrook, Pat Bev etc, which Rob fixed at the deadline, and then last year due to Vando and Gabe injuries and poor lineup decisions by Ham.

pika1708 likes this.
  20. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

You gonna keep pulling this line for everything, abeer? We are FANS, we aren't at high schools a d coeges scouting and seeing these guys in practice and buses and knowing whether they are dedicated to the game or not.

Now, we've seen it live. So, these decisions have been Fs. And now it's time to throw the management under the bus.