2024-25 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 22, 2024.

1. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I’ve thought about it over dinner and I feel comfortable now giving Rob my permission to make the trade for Lavine and at least one first.

:Laugh:

Juronimo, abeer3 and TIME like this.
  2. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

I always thought most of our trades had to come through trades. We had to do a lot of mixing and matching.

There will be moves made; I just don't know if there's going to be a star available. Might just have to wait until something comes up.

So be it.

By the way, that Russell for Klay move (If true) was nasty work. The reported DeRozan rumors are even more nastier. Those are bottom 5 FO moves. IMO. If that's all you can do with Russell, just keep him.

Goodness.

3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I've been out all day today, so a lot of quick thoughts and catching up on the happenings of the day...

Bad f***ing day for the Lakers. Players are getting snatched up while we Rob is on PTO, Bron's 3 targets are off the board, yet another team didn't want DLO, West gets better (other than Clipps...HA!, f*** Ballmer and his leaky toilets) bigs are getting PAID and there weren't many to begin with.

-I don't think Klay in a S&T for DLO + is a good deal for us, but we lost out on our top target again. I'm sick of that s*** happening year after year. I think we still operate like we expect to get what we want and that's part of the problem. Perception wise, it's even worse.

-Mavs got better. Bad for us.
    -OKC is a real problem. Bad for us.

-The framing was that those 3 Bron targets were types and not the entire list BUT right after Klay inked with Dallas, the report came out that Bron was ready to take his money. I think he'll do it for DD if there's a path for the rest of the roster. That one is conditional, others were no questions asked.

-Do you think if we weren't waiting around on Klay we would've paid Jonas the full NTPMLE? Cause that would've trumped Wiz's offer.

-Getting a big was Priority #1 for me and not only did they fly off the board, they got the bank. f***!

-On Philly, they're a threat IF healthy. That deal made too much since for PG. With Embiid winking and pointing with his eyes at PG when he was next to him in the booth during the finals and with the Clipps releasing the we couldn't make it happen before he officially decided, I hope that's enough for Morey to get fined for tampering. Just cause I hate that snake.

-Clipper gave Batum what?! They are adding some good defenders with DJJ and Dunn, but where's the offense coming from? When Kawhi sits, you're losing.

-What about us?
    If DD will take the NTPMLE and Bron will pay for him, do it. Figure out the fit afterwards. He's the best talent on the market. Talent w/ right attitude > fit. I'd be interested in making him a super 6th man. If he's taking a pay cut he's probably not interested in that, but that's my initial pitch. I don't trade DLO for him, that's a step back.

Grant, how much? He's not worth two firsts by himself. I'd give a 1st + a couple 2nds for him.

How about Rui, Gabe, Lewis, 1st (top 8 protected), two 2nd rounders for Grant.
    THEN DLO, JHS, 1st (top 20 protected), 1 2nd for Brook Lopez.

If Bron wants to pay for DD, you get all 3 -- Grant, Lopez, and DD.

After that, secure Spencer for PG duties.

AD/Lopez
    Bron
    Grant
    Austin
    Spencer

is a good top 6. +DD and that's an even better top 7.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Damn haven’t read but doesn’t sound good. I was just coming to say we could put a real nice package of young talent together with Dalton Knecht, Max Christie, DLO or Rui, Vando or even JHS … plus 2 1sts, seconds, whatever and tight hugs from Jeanie. Headlined by going to be a stud (book it) on offense at least …. Knecht.

VladeD714 likes this.
  5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I think we are going to get something done. At the moment, it looks like we can have Grant or Lavine, if we want them. I'm not sure Derozan, is even interested in the MLE.

This Klay stuff is a bit perplexing, he's unrestricted, so we obviously had to run a offer by him first, before taking it to the Warriors.

I don't know what Rob had in mind, as the next move, on top of that one tho. Pelinka usually comes out of the blue with his trades, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  6. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I always thought that too. :ADeyesonyouleft:

7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

" I'm also FINE with Jerami Grant coming this way if we don't give up ANY future picks (because why should we have to?)
    Wouldn't mind getting Robert Williams in that same deal with Portland...give them DLO/Vincent/Reddish/Hayes/JHS for Jerami Grant and Robert Williams."

See some of you guys have the Lakers entitled, cheap disease. Thinking that we are supposed to get something for nothing. I sincerely hope Pelinka isn't operating like that. It would explain a lot though.

8. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

Whoops. Meant Personnel changes.

LOL.

ElginTheGreat and TIME like this.
  9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Tinkerbell ain't going to Milwaukee, Ham would choke the s*** out his a**, as soon as he stepped in the facility. I like Brook but that's a bit much. We are giving up ALL our PG and running Dinwiddie as a starter? Dude is washed

10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Couple reports I had to comment on throughout the day:

:LLLLLebronlaughing:
    Love the thought of them getting Pedo Turkoglu for AC and DD getting out of his chair and saying, nah f*** that I'm out!

Boston owner dine-and-dashing. I did get excited thinking about how much they'd get on the open market as the second most storied franchise in the league. Jeanie sees that price tag annnnd you never know! Maybe she'll do us all a favor and sell.

11. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

Stolen from LG.

12. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

The quote implies Lakers aren't willing to trade 2nd round picks. I'm betting they're more than happy to include those picks for the right move, but Klay wasn't it. We traded (3) 2nd Rd picks for Rui last year. I'm not doubting Windy's reporting or that Lebron isn't happy about this, but this sounds like sour grapes over not getting an aging Klay.

lakerjones, abeer3 and Cookie like this.
  13. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Whew..development of 2nd rd, and a few mid 1st, hits a lot differently, than with a bunch of lottery picks.

14. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Mo freakin Bamba to the Clips

15. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

What a load of BS and capping. The Mavs only gave up a 2 2nds.

Warriors didn't want Russell, that's why it failed. Maybe tell Irwin Warriors wanted 2 FRPs with Russell? We wouldn't be hearing "around 20 million dollars a year" if you weren't serious.

:Laugh:

abeer3 likes this.
  16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

Not that worried because he left Klutch and they can't tank because SA picks. But still, tweets like this make me twitch.

17. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

hahahahahahahah.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  18. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

What are the odds Rob will show up to the press conference without a move being made tomorrow?

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  19. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

He's gonna get grilled if he shows up without any new moves. He'll probably send JJ instead

VladeD714 likes this.
  20. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

If we traded for Lavine OR Trae - they have the exact same contract...

we would have to send out:

DLO
    Vincent
    Wood
    Reddish
    Hayes
    JHS

to make the contracts match if we're trying to keep Rui/Vando out of the trade (which we definitely should aim to do).

IF we trade for Lauri Markannen, we'll only need to send out DLO but I prefer we send out Vincent/Wood/Reddish/Hayes/2 firsts to bring Markannen and then we can try to fill out the roster from there (maybe even get the MLE of $12.9M?).