2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

rose, at this point, is purely insurance/leadership a la rondo in our last go around. if we lost schroder, i'd consider him on a one-year vet min. guessing boston and phx will have stronger interest and perhaps a bigger role in mind.

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I bet he stays East

Toneloc likes this.
  3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I think DS is gone, he should be in the $7m range. Even at the TPMLE, I don't think I spend it on him given our guard depth and other needs. So that puts us in the vet min bin for a 3rd string PG which I think we do need because I'm not willing to put all our eggs in a rookie for backup duties. They all hit a wall and must aren't up for the 82 game grind.

If he's interested, I definitely nab him. I think Bucks are more likely because they're closest to Chicago and his family. C Bags depends on the Brogdon injury whether it's going to keep him from playing or is just too risky in terms of a trade. If it's the latter, then they're set with Brogdon, White, and Prichard. Suns need all the bodies they can get and can offer several of them a very large role, just a matter of whether vets believe in that team...I don't.

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Stay away from our RFAs. Not worried about AR, but there is a cap on Rui and if Houston is in the stupid money business this summer and it sounds like they are...I just hope they prefer some of the other wings on their list.

5. The Laker Link 3.0

The Laker Link 3.0 - Rookie -

Carvana/ADESA
    So, I could live with Rose and keep DLo

I feel like that can’t be that terrible.

keep Dennis and I feel like we should be good and comfortable at the PG position

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

houston would have to strike out pretty hard to end up going after our RFAs, and reaves is a silly pursuit. there are numbers at which i'd let rui walk, though...

my guess is whomever offers rui (if they do), will do something descending.

if i were houston, i'd actually consider brooks pretty strongly. they need to set a very different tone there, and like him or not, he will help do that.

edit: btw, that list seems to be pulled from pat riley's playbook. they've got two guys from three separate teams. probably planning to jack the price up on one in order to get the other. again, in our case, the cap on reaves's deal puts a damper on it a bit. but toronto and milwaukee are vulnerable to that. mil ain't paying 60 million combined for brolo and middleton, imo. nor is toronto getting near that for poeltl and fvv. so if they wrap up one at a big number, you can probably poach the other.

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Brooks seems to be getting a lot of traction there.

I could see something like this for them:
    Brolo: $18-20m
    Brooks: $10-$12m
    FVV: $30m

They are going to have to overpay and they are ready with the checkbook. That defines their culture and locker room, gives them vets who shouldn't get in the way of the growth of the kids. That's not the playoff team they were hoping for, but they can compete and depending on the development of the kids could be in the play in mix.

8. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

I’ll be really pissed if they, or another team swoop in and steal Hachi from us. Reaves isn’t going anywhere.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and TIME like this.
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Knew he was getting paid. Never understood why anyone thought we had a shot at him.

Also most expensive front court ever?

10. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The center free agent market is thin as hell, I continue to not understand why we let Huff walk, not like skilled 7’1 guys grow on trees. Maybe we keep Thompson around, I dunno.

11. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Welp, there goes my pipe dream. Was hoping to sign him to play with AD. Minnesota signing bigs like it’s 2000-2002 Shaq era.

12. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Might have to keep Bamba. His skill set is intriguing so maybe Handy and the crew can develop him better.

13. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Haha I totally forgot we have Bamba, I’d already traded him in my mind on draft day. Hey if they can afford to pick up his option and keep our other guys then yeah he might be the best available option.

14. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

I would be fine with signing Plumlee. He’s serviceable and a good lob threat.

15. 52years

52years - Rookie -

At this point you keep Bamba and sign a big body center for situational minutes.Like Byombo or Azubuike

16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

surprised reid wanted to return to minny and remain a backup when he's starter material

17. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Yeah I'd drop Beasley. We have plenty of guards that can take his minutes. I'd retain Bamba and sign TT for morale/occasional minutes.

I think Bamba can play alongside AD. Even if you don't want to start him since it would push Lebron to the 3. During some of the minutes Lebron is out, AD can move to the 4 while Bamba plays the 5.

18. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I had been leaning towards wanting to keep Bamba so we’d have more time to see how he fits, but would have been okay with cutting him IF the cap flexibility allowed us to use the full MLE on Reid.

With Reid off the board, I think we HAVE to keep Bamba now. Simply aren’t going to find another center with his shooting and size/blocking in our price range, and we’d be better off using TPMLE or MLE at another position.

19. DeeZee

DeeZee - Rookie -

20. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

Yeah, I have a feeling DS is out too. Don't know why.
    I think having Ham might help though. He knows his role and is a lock in the core rotation in playoff games if he's playing like he knows how to.
    Not sure where he gets a better situation for a couple extra millions. He's German, he earned good money and is set for life. I think his best bet is to stay relevant in a league full of guards. You never know how it goes in another team, maybe they ask him to be something he's not. Here he plays at his style.
    But yeah, somehow I have that gut feeling that he just makes a bad decision...again
    Not sure Rockets go that hard. I don't like their core (like Amen though) but that would be an interesting team:

FVV | Amen | KPJ
    Green | KPJ
    Brooks | Whitmore | Tate
    Jabari | Eason
    Sengun | Lopez

That's a deep team, could make noise in the play-in

I would sign D.Rose. But I don't see us keeping Dlo, Schroder, JHS and add D.Rose

Damn, bad choice by Reid. I'm pretty sure he could get 3/36~38 from a lot of teams and he could choose his best scenario. Playing behind KAT and Gobert who aren't going anywhere (at least the latter) for the duration of his contract is a bad move. He's a starter in many teams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.