2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

My thought too. There's risk and downsides with him but I can see it.

2. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

This sums it up for me:

15th in the 25 under 25 ranking and 35/100 overall. Contract aside for a moment, I'm just not willing to give up anything of value for that. Asset wise I'd give them Gabe, JHS, Wood and a top 20 protected 1st. Obviously you get hung up on with that but that's my best offer.

If we had Russ still, i'd be willing to dump that albatross of a contract for him.

3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

TIME, abeer3 and Barnstable like this.
  4. ElginTheGreat

While I have enjoyed this show at various points over the years and I know its extremely popular, I think NBA media as a whole is a dumpster fire and am hoping we see some real changes to how the league is presented and promoted.

FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I would like to see them hire some of the brain trust behind some of the NFL coverage to spearhead the new wave. As a whole, it's an embarrassingly large gap between coverage of the two sports.

TIME, abeer3, Juronimo and 1 other person like this.
  6. ElginTheGreat

Agreed. I could honestly go the rest of my life without another GOAT debate.

abeer3 likes this.
  7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

The worst one I've seen in awhile was the segment on First Take on whether Stephen A could score on Bron or not

https://x.com/awfulannouncing/status/1791202758864863649?t=5BtcYlUlbKfYP5vvD07rzQ&s=19

This isn't the dead of summer where there's no news and they're desperate for content. No, this was a segment during the middle of some heavily contested eastern and western conference semi finals and this is the material the star and face of the network is putting out there.

8. ElginTheGreat

Yeah. That was awful and they followed it up by focusing way too much on him during the Knicks run. I get that certain personalities attract eyeballs, etc but they have to figure out how to focus on the actual product. Promote the players and product correctly and it can sell itself. I think what is happening with Caitlyn Clark is a good example of that.

JSM likes this.
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I had it figured out. But as of this morning it's wonky. They're no longer embedding on the mobile device. Haven't pulled out a computer yet today to see if the two step process still works.

Barnstable likes this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't know how official all these ranking are, but if trae actually is the 35th best player in the league, and we can get him with our assets, then we need to. there are basically zero attainable (for us) players on the list above him.

btw, for his first five years in the league, booker was basically as bad a defender as young. then he figured how to be just sorta bad. and young's offense has been better than booker's for almost the entire time he's played, such that even with his continued bad defense, advanced stats have them as very similar in terms of impact.

again, i'm not a young superfan, but the pendulum swung too far back on this guy after a bad year. i think he'll recover and make more allstar games, tbh. and he's never played with anyone nearly as good as lebron or AD.

as for albatross contracts, russ's expiring had value. rui's and gabe's non-expirings don't. we'll be lucky to upgrade at all, much less get an allstar caliber player back, tbh.

Barnstable, TIME and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. 52years

52years - Rookie -

If/when Mitchell and Murray dont work out the only other viable option I see would be Sexton.He’s 96 on the top 100 and his coach has nothing but good things to say about him

abeer3 and TIME like this.
  12. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    On offense, I would live with Trae's logo threes in order to gain his scoring and playmaking.

On D, IF he were to commit to gaining some muscle, and IF he were to commit to actually working on that end, he could be what we used to call a "pesky" defender. Not a shut down guy, but a disrupter with quick hands and feet. I just don't see him buying in at that level though.

Barnstable likes this.
  13. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Closing this thread. Please migrate to the new thread for thee upcoming season.

Barnstable likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.