2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Nah. The report that you posted, said that Austin and Max, was a price too steep. That is still ridiculous to me. Right now today, those two, plus picks and Russ. You gotta make that deal.
    Some reporter says , this proves that Brooklyn didn't want to trade us Kyrie. If it's true, that only proves that Rob, is bat s*** crazy, if he truly turned that down, because felt that way.

Fwiw..Indy said that no draft picks were ever discussed with the Lakers. They said the talks never got to that stage. Even though somebody said, Jeanie didn't sign off on it.at the last minute. This is why I have a problem, with all these anonymous "insider" reports.

Lebron and AD being hurt, is what set us back period. Nobody wanted KCP, Kuz and Trez man. We had already decided to let Dennis walk to boot. This continues to be revisionist history. The blunder was keeping Tucker over Caruso, and compounding that, by shredding the contracts that we picked up last season.

We were still well positioned, to make a big move . However that team still went to the Conference Finals. That is absolutely not, the worst trade in history, by a few thousand miles.

Kcp was a former 8th pick overall..he had some value as a role player. Kuz and Trez were nothing to whine about.

The FO has put us in this position, asking Lebron to take a paycut, or stfu is bush league. Kobe or Dr Buss would not approve of this logic.

This is nonsense, the Lakers are about to be 10th -12th in spending, when the league is awash in cash. Shame on you..Lebron needs to accept less money or STFU. NO

Last edited: May 1, 2024
  2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

That upgrade damn sure wouldn't be D'Angelo Russell. I'd take George over Russell as a PG, let alone all around player. Phil is in a great position to shake up the East, Paul George or not.

Serves the Hyena right, I hope Harden bails too. Anywhere. f*** Kawhi.

3. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I welcome a move to bring in more defense.

...but with our track record with injured players, definitely not Isaac. I think he's a solid player but I could easily see him being yet another guy who ends up spending the entire year hurt.

52years likes this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Issac would be intriguing, and risky, if they gave me a 1st rd pick, pull the trigger

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Rui and Jarred, for Isaac and Carter Jr.? Let's go!! Fair exchange is not a swindle.

6. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I'd be into that trade but not sure Orlando would be interested. They're already so forward-heavy, not sure they need to replace their center with another one. They need guard help.

52years and abeer3 like this.
  7. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Sub in D'Angelo for Rui. Reportedly he's one of their targets this summer.

8. ElginTheGreat

9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

if bruce brown got one year for 20 million from someone, kcp can get that, too, if he opts out.

i wonder if denver will try to get him to take a long-term deal at lower money.

anyway, murray's deal comes up after next season--will he sign an extension? it might be lower than what he could fetch on the market? will they commit to him ahead of time? if so, i do think there's a chance kcp has to be let go.

Cookie, Pioneer10, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  10. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I imagine it depends on how their season plays out. Tougher tasks await on the perimeter than D'Angelo.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  11. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Might want to run that by Thibs. Book isn't a Thibs guy. I think that's a terrible idea for them. They're better off with going for Spider, probably won't cost as much either unless they think Suns might be desperate because of their current financial situation.

You're not worthy. The day you whined about double teams in practice you had to turn in your membership.

Last edited: May 1, 2024
    Cookie, Barnstable, TIME and 5 others like this.
  12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Doesn't sound like the 3 star model is dead at all to me. A few teams are going to be in Golden State cap territory soon.

13. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Been trying to contemplate what it would look like if we tried to run it back, what moves could we make to improve the team without gutting it.

In addition to big man depth, one thing I think we need is a more dependable third scoring option rather than the rotating carousel of third options we’ve had. I do still want to keep AR and DLo though

The name I’ve landed on so far is Jerami Grant.

Yeah his contract isn’t great, ~$30 million a year for the next 3-4 years. But I also don’t think that’s the worst contract in the world the way the cap is rising for a dependable 3&D player who can reliably put up 20 ppg. And most importantly, his contract is why hopefully he’d actually be attainable.

Thinking/hoping something like Rui, Gabe, and a protected first might get it done.

Portland downsizes Grant’s contract, gets a younger player that jives more with their timeline to take a flyer on, and draft compensation. We in theory get a reliable 3&D third scoring option to stabilize the starting lineup rather than having to pick between offense and defense when it comes to Rui vs Vando.

Think I’d prefer something like this than a “superstar” trade where we’d have to also include AR and/or Vando just to match salary (and even more picks). Curious what yall think? If not Grant, any other players in that salary range that you guys think we can obtain via a Rui/Gabe/FRP type of package?

14. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

Like his fit but he doesn't address enough of the issues and his Laker tax cost, with Ainge behind the wheel, would be 3 1sts, 4 swaps, all 5 second round picks, Austin, Max, salary, and Jeanie's house.

15. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

D'Angelo is a choker and a locker room disruptor. Ask Minnesota...He has to go.

Unfortunately, someone else. that I really like, will have to accompany him.

D'Angelo and Rui seems like the best option at 35M.

A lot of guys at that price point, it depends on who wants to be a Laker. Also on an expiring deal, or 1 year left, that has enough leverage, to pan a trade to a team offering a better deal.

Someone out there fits that bill, hopefully Robs figures it out.

16. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Can Lauri guard SFs? If he can it's an awesome fit on the glass and offense. Need more perimeter defensive help to give AD a break

lakerjones and ElginTheGreat like this.
  17. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

He's an average SF defender and an above average PF defender. Lauri is like a more athletic version of Dirk, sort of. He defends the 3s from time to time, sure.

18. ElginTheGreat

I like Lauri but I do feel like Ainge would want a percentage of the franchise for him.

JSM and lakerjones like this.
  19. 52years

52years - Rookie -

To me Grant is just a larger version of DLO.The guy has a tendency to disappear for long stretches of games.Add to that he averages 4rebs a game for his career and I would have to pass

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i posted something similar a few days ago. grant seems gettable to me. we could offer him third star billing. he's not on portland's timeline (and is probably already declining, tbh). rui can give them a lot of what he does, and what? they lose two more games they would have won?

the other name that came to mind for me was...wait for it...julius randle. i think he's gone from ny for whichever superstar they get this summer. whichever team gets randle probably won't want him that bad, so we may be able to get him for a package like this. i know everyone hates randle (i wasn't even his biggest fan when he was here), but he's a versatile frontcourt player with talent.

i worry about his defensive fit. definitely the right kind of scoring option off of lebron/AD, though.

Barnstable and Helljumper like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.