2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 52years

52years - Rookie -

Fair enough
    I still believe Murray would be more consistent on this team on both sides of the ball.Brogdon I would only try to acquire as a backup to DLO

abeer3 likes this.
  2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I like Rui though. The first time I saw him play, was in a Wizards playoff game. He dropped a 30 piece..maybe his 2nd year in the League? I remember thinking that, I'd like to see him in Purple and Gold one day.

Interesting kid...he elevates his game in the postseason. It's rather puzzling as to why, he hasn't really blossomed, as expected, during the regular season, here or in Washington.

He's Lebron 's backup, and sometimes we just prefer Jarred, at that SF/PF slot sans Lebron. Seriously though, I think Rui could put up Kuz type numbers, on a team that gave him 30 plus minutes a game.

3. 52years

52years - Rookie -

I stated how I would view unwanted Laker players and why if I were a GM.Apparently that’s exactly how they are viewed around the league

4. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Lakers will try to get Kyle Lowry if Charlotte buys out his contract ...
    But he's from Miami..

The Lakers are interested in Kyle Lowry.

As The Athletic columnist Jovan Buha informed, the Californians will try to get an experienced point guard if Charlotte buys out his expiring contract .

“According to club and league sources, if Kyle Lowry is available through a buyout, the Lakers will be worth monitoring ,” Buha said.

abeer3 likes this.
  5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

It's approaching the end of the road, for Lowry career wise. On a buyout tho, he can still give a sold 15 -20 mins, at PG in the postseason.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i guess i still don't see that as an explanation: that because the lakers, who have title aspirations, want to trade them, it must mean they don't have value. couldn't it just mean they'd like to upgrade...like all teams like to upgrade? it doesn't have to be that it's a flawed player. we have a bunch of guys we traded who have played great elsewhere!

brogdon--who we agree would be russell's backup--is on the market for a first rounder. russell supposedly can't be given away for an expiring contract. i call b******* on the whole apparatus. either people are stupid or people are lying. i'm guessing the latter.

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Come on now. That's a real unsupportable statement you're claiming as fact. There has been a "Lakers tax" attitude toward the franchise forever since Dr Buss broke through with all those titles, that has nothing to do with your hypothesis. It's simply no one wants to help us get better.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    abeer3 likes this.
  8. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Yeah. That was me on Murray.

There can be a variety of reasons teams won’t to move on but the narrative on him is interesting. When you really look at it, the market for him doesn’t sound much better than DLO as we seem to be the main team pursuing him right now.

Really feel like these angles just show how powerful media narratives and having the right handlers crafting the story for a player matters.

Cookie, abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  9. KuzmoBall17

Five teams are interested in Royce O'Neale

Five clubs have been named that are interested in acquiring Royce O'Neill.

Milwaukee , Dallas , Denver , Indiana and Minnesota are showing interest in the Brooklyn forward before the trade deadline .

The 30-year-old O'Neal is averaging 7.0 points, 4.6 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game for the Nets this season.

Where's the Lakers ? They were interested just couple weeks ago

abeer3 likes this.
  10. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

They realized our need is a backup 1, scoring/shooting and better defense, not a 6-5 guy who plays bigger than he is, can't shoot and gives nothing on the offensive end. I am not sure if people actually realize we're getting outscored early in every game we lose, and that our only good long range shooters are Dlo, Bron and Prince, in that order?

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

the nets are seeking 11 first rounders for this third string wing.

Cookie and ElginTheGreat like this.
  12. 52years

52years - Rookie -

I’m probably not being clear.Im not saying other teams aren’t low balling I’m saying that they should and I would as well.If I was dealing with a team that was one step away from the championship round wanting to trade players that got them there I would be asking for a lot for the players who they believe will get them over the hump.I would believe I had leverage real or perceived.

ElginTheGreat and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. LakeShowAZ

LakeShowAZ - Rookie -

Only from the Lakers

Every other team it's 1 2nd round pick

Cookie and ElginTheGreat like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

OK. That reads a lot differently.

52years likes this.
  15. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

I think we're underestimating how supply and demand varies based on what other team wants.

DLo is a good regular season player who tends to disappear in the playoffs. Remember he was heavily critized for his performances with the TWolves not just last year's run and I think everyone saw how Conley did well with the TWolves after he replaced DLo.

Basically that means no contending team or up and coming team really has an interest in him. The ones with championship aspirations absolutely don't want him and if your young and good you want a Conley type.

So that leaves bad teams and frankly DLo is maybe too good for them. He's in his prime of his career so he's not a prospect any longer so he takes away minutes from guys you want to develop like a Scoot or even a JHS if he got drafted too a bad team.

Market value does not equal performance value. Just like how the stock market can have weird companies with obscene profits but not a lot stock value for a variety of reasons. DLo clearly falls in this bucket.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  16. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Pretty much sums up the D'Angelo dilemma. Too damn talented, and productive, to be considered anything close to a scrub. Too damn unpredictable and unreliable, to be considered a key Championship piece.

Ergo...he'd absolutely kill it in Washington, with Kuz and Poole IMO. It would be a perfect spot for him, the Wizards don't give a s*** about contending. That team would be entertaining at least, for that fanbase, that's acceptable.

17. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

In this case, we should just keep him, see if we can get a backup PG upgrade for Rui (for example), and trade the coach too.

Man, if this team just had a guy like Dennis right now and Ham knew what he was doing, we'd be in good shape.

18. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Ham is the same guy, that got us to the Conference finals. The only big difference this season, is that Dennis ain't here, his replacement hasn't played, and D'Angelo and Austin, haven't compensated for his absence, and were more effective playing with him last season.

Of course James and Davis could play like top 5 players every night, and then we wouldn't be talking about "problems ". They don't always do that though.

19. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

This is what I've been pushing; don't take away from the strengths of the team but fix the holes. Rui/JHS/conditional 1st for Brogdon for example is an ideal trade for the Lakers which also makes sense for the trading partner.

You take a risk with Brogdon's health but he doesn't have play heavy minutes with D.lo still here and Brogdon probably is better then both Dlo and DS. Just to have to hope Cam and Vando can somehow get and stay healthy

karacha, ElginTheGreat and 52years like this.
  20. KuzmoBall17

January 27, 2024
    Doncic is listed as questionable for Saturday's game versus the Kings due to right ankle soreness.
    Doncic is in danger of missing Saturday's contest due to a right ankle injury that caused him to sit out four games already in January
    Why he almost killed yourself yesterday in absolutely meaningless game to get to the record .It makes no sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.