2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

Ehhhh I don't know about Dejounte Murray. He has this reputation as an elite defender at the guard position, but he hasn't played to that level since he tore his ACL in 2018. He's shooting 38% from three on 6 attempts per game this year, but I think thats a soft number. He's a 34% guy for his career. He's definitely a very good player, but as others have said I don't know if we can get him without giving up Reaves. If we're giving up Reaves, I'm not sure how much of an upgrade this really is.

2. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I dont expect him to be a great shooter either. EVeryone gets excited about these small sample sizes, and get down on a player who is having a down shooting year. However, i like the idea of kind of supplanting two other non-shooters in Reddish and Vandy as a defensive stopper. Murray is at least a better shooter than them two. Also, it would enable Reaves to return to the starting unit, so there is some value to that. With that being said, i dont think Dejounte is the ideal fit. I would rather go after Announoby, but he recently fired Klutch so idk if there is some politics involved there. Announoby is a true three and D wing.

sk2408 likes this.
  3. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

Anunoby is my ideal trade deadline target. He has the size/strength, defensive versatility and shooting that we're trying to piece together from Prince, Vando and Rui. DLO/Rui/picks for Anunoby/Schroder specifically is the trade I want the most, I'm just not confident we'll be able to get it done. I think another contender with more draft capital will ultimately be more desperate to trade for Anunoby, and yes his moving on from Klutch may play into it as well.

abeer3 and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Stein on Murray and the Hawks

abeer3 likes this.
  5. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Going to be hard to beat out another team who can offer three firsts Unless the ATL really likes Christie, JHS and Max Lewis.
    I would love to get Murray and Capela.

lakerjones, ElginTheGreat and JSM like this.
  6. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

WE probably have to ad JHS and/or Max. I would do it.

VincePT likes this.
  7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

if they want off hunter, would rui/dlo/top-4 protected '29, one-protected swap, one unprotected swap, and max be enough for murray and hunter?

they get a cheaper version of hunter in rui who might really thrive next to young on offense. dlo's another guard who can play either spot like bogdanovic at a similar price range, and max may be a starting caliber sg as soon as next year, tbh. they'd recover some of what they gave up for murray, too (they gave up two unprotected picks plus a top-16 protected and an unprotected swap).

i can't let myself think about how much i'd like a murray/reddish/prince/lebron/AD starting unit with vando/hunter/reaves/wood or hayes off the bench.

i'd consider swapping capela for hunter, too, but it sounds like hunter may be a guy they want to move.

lakerjones and ElginTheGreat like this.
  8. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I would rather get Bogdanovic than Hunter. Capella probably too much of a luxury as a backup big.

abeer3 likes this.
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

my point was that hunter's the only overpaid guy on the roster, thus he's the tax for getting murray without giving up 3 1sts. and i think hunter would do fine here, too.

ElginTheGreat, JSM and Pioneer10 like this.
  10. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Okay I see what you are saying. His contract is ugly for being so mediocre. I guess Murray+Hunter > LaVine. But we still don't adress the shooting. Hunter is decent but we need a legit scary shooter-at least one.

11. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Lakers 6th Man -

I don’t really get why people wouldn’t want Rozier. I always thought he would fit great as a starting point guard next to AD and Lebron.

He is a hard nosed defender who is a capable 3 point threat. His contract is really only for 2 more seasons (team option on a third year) and I bet we could get him for DLo+JHS.

FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  12. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I'm on board with that 100%. If we could get him for just that, it would be a good start. We would still need a three-and D type at either the 2 or the 3.

abeer3 likes this.
  13. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Rozier/Kuzma

abeer3 likes this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i could see it, but i think dlo for rozier is trading similar kinds of problems, tbh. we'd be adding salary in almost any scenario, too.

reeks of the whole "get rid of kuz to get rid of kuz" stuff. in fact, lots of parallels with dlo and kuz...

let's not make the same mistake again.

15. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

I was reading Shams commentary again; looks like we have 3 first round kicks to trade this summer? I would look for us to be all in this summer on a star if that is the case.

I think Rob makes a marginal move this trade deadline I.E. Royce O'Neal or Dorian Finney-Smith and waits for Vincent to get back healthy in hopes of a playoff push.

abeer3 likes this.
  16. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Yeah I’m all for trading these 1st rounders after the way the front office wasted our last one on a grass eater who can’t get healthy

17. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

we shouldn't be banking on any positive contribution from vincent to be the difference maker

18. 52years

52years - Rookie -

DLO and Rui are just too inconsistent.Championship teams have role players that produce the same thing every game.Those two need to go IMO

abeer3 likes this.
  19. VladeD714

VladeD714 - Rookie -

If he's out 8 weeks we're looking for a March return; plus, he has get into game shape.

To address your concern, wouldn't look for him to be a difference maker, but potentially another guy that can contribute by the time April rolls around.

S***, that's a long time....probably a pipe, but he isn't going anywhere, IMO.

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

this is my point about the kuz parallels, though. everyone wanted him (and kcp, tbh--he wasn't revered here until after he was gone) out due to inconsistency. i think i even once pulled up a bunch of stats showing variance of similarly-paid players on other teams to demonstrate that kuz was no more inconsistent than other players people wanted to trade him for.

much like then, i'm ok moving dlo or rui or both--neither is heading towards being an allstar or anything. but we can't just move them to move them. again, that's the kind of thing that gets you westbrook. we went to the conference finals with those guys, and they're not chopped liver. they're just not who we'd most want them to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.