2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Not defending Morey but it probably became obvious Harden of course was not worth a max contract based on what he did last year and realized his mistake of the promise (assuming he ever seriously intended to keep it). Though how many of these superstars in their early to mid thirties really are? They're being paid for what they were in their prime and no one better to replace them on the horizon. The money has become ginormous for those contracts.

Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Wasn't something said about proving this year that this group could go deep in the playoffs before awarding big contracts? He didn't like that as most professional athletes don't. But I'd imagine especially so if you have succeeded at the big dance. I may be remembering this wrong or it could have been attached to another team, but if his understanding what he'd be taken care of, and then found out it was conditional and he'd be on an expiring contract expecting to "prove himself", he probably got all up in his feelings and was offended/felt lied to. With so much money at stake, I get it, but I also don't feel too sorry for him either.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  3. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

Miles Bridges surrenders to authorities without waiting for arrest after violating protective order

Charlotte forward Miles Bridges turned himself in to authorities on charges of violating a protective order issued to his ex-wife as a victim of domestic violence.

Bridges turned himself in to the county jail just before 7 a.m. Friday, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office.

The summons charges Bridges, 25, with child abuse, damage to personal property and violating a protective order.
    He probably read a lot on social media for a few days

abeer3, Cookie, JSM and 2 others like this.
  4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    first smart thing in awhile that he's done, but wowsers

Cookie and JSM like this.
  5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Getting their max wouldn't have prevented him from asking out a year later when Embiid gets tired of another year of coming up short and keeps looking towards NY. Harden isn't about to man the ship alone, first serious whiff of that, and as soon as the lap dance is over he's packing up and taking the grift to another city.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  6. KuzmoBall17

KuzmoBall17 - Lakers Starter -

:ADORLY2:Nine Miami players will miss preseason game against Spurs

Miami announced that it will play a preseason game against San Antonio with a second roster

Jimmy Butler (dental procedure), Caleb Martin (left knee tendinosis), Nikola Jovic (right knee contusion), Jaime Jaquez (groin strain) and Josh Richardson (left foot discomfort) will not travel to San Antonio for the preseason game. Bam Adebayo, Tyler Herro, Kevin Love and Kyle Lowry will also miss the match.

“I will try to give everyone playing time. The guys worked tirelessly and should be rewarded for the work they did. They deserved these minutes,” head coach Erik Spoelstra said.
    I know it's preseason and none of this load management works,but people in attendance will be very excited to watch that game and and it's on TNT as well

abeer3 likes this.
  7. PurpleAndGold88

PurpleAndGold88 - Lakers 6th Man -

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yes, good point, but here's where i (grossly) disagree again: harden actually DOES NOT CARE ABOUT WINNING. he wants to make a ton of cash and jack up step back threes. if team success requires sacrificing 10% of his cash at this point...ok. if it requires giving up the rock here and there...ok. BUT NOT BOTH! no sir.

so, i do think he wanted to retire in philly, either winning rings at a lower salary or jacking up stepbacks at a higher one. morey asked for both (after obviously indicating that this wasn't the arrangement).

relatedly: i think he knew morey was leaving houston when he left, and he knew morey was his gravy train. it's why he found his way back to him (as i'm sure morey promised philly at his interview), and it's why he's so upset now. he thought they were bros. but you lie down with dogs...

i just love that both currently are scratching vigorously.

Juronimo likes this.
  9. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Maybe.

I agree he doesn't care about winning and that's it's great watching them both suffer.

My pivot would be that while he doesn't care about winning, I don't think he wants to be blamed for losing. I think he's felt he was (in his eyes) unfairly blamed in previous stops and that's not fun, so he bolts. Philly fans and media are brutal. In a scenario where Embiid left and all fingers were left pointing at Harden for future losing, I think he'd try to angle his way to a low expectation team, like the Magic, and ride it out that way.

abeer3 likes this.
  10. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    I get JSM's point. But I also think abeer is right...

Harden is winning agnostic. He doesn't want to be blamed, but he also *clearly* doesn't care about a title. He was paired with Embiid with a good supporting cast. A winner makes that work. If he wants to win, just play better and make it happen. On paper, based on how he thinks of himself, he should be able to do that with a reigning MVP.

Pioneer10 likes this.
  11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

12. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

We have a good team. We are a legit 10 deep.

13. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
  14. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Just saw that he turned himself in. Thank God.

15. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

POS should be in jail

16. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

So what? What exactly does that supposed to mean? They wouldn't be building their team around Harden. The hyena has two Finals MVP trophies.

17. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    It means he is a me first loser that will never win a championship unless he suddenly figures it out.

JSM likes this.
  18. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Well..then guys like Tatum, Brown. Embiid, Booker, CP3, Dame and Butler, are me first losers too? That haven't won anything.. no Championships.

Personally..I think that the Hyena and KD, are me first losers. BUT both are Finals MVP winners. I'm not debating the guys legacy, I'm just not devaluing his abilities and potential impact. I hope he stays away from the Flippers..all I'm saying.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2023
  19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I would be afraid of him and Brick clashing mentally having to play next to each other and with each other. I would expect Harden to be revulsed by the stupid basketball played by Russ on those brain fart and physical blooper plays … when he knows he would done something better with it. Like we would see on LeBron’s face when the cameras happened to catch it. And likewise Russ with him, for the reasons we agreed that happened in Houston between them. And Russ playing for peanuts knowing the effort he gives compared to “Haren” …. on consistent basis(es).

JSM likes this.
  20. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Meh..Rus and Harden got along fine on the court, in OKC and Houston. Those guys are pretty tight off the court as well. I think you are placing a bit too much faith in the Westbrook stuff. It's the Hyena and George that concern me...IF healthy. Hopefully they will both continue to be in street clothes come playoff time.

I do think that it could get interesting, considering the fact that Harden and Jack a**, both share a rather lackadaisical attitude towards professionalism. Will it become an issue? IDK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.