2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

With rookies drafted after like the Top 10 you kind of have to assume that you're not getting any meaningful production from them the first year. For every Reaves, who stepped into the league able to be a rotation guy as a second rounder, you have a James Bouknight who's entering his third year and has shown almost nothing in the regular season or summer league. If he progresses rapidly throughout the year and gets called up and performs well on a night that AD or another big is out, awesome. That would be huge for us. But when we're building the team in July, you have to get a vet for that third big spot and treat anything from Castleton this year as gravy.

svtzr and FrontOfJersey22 like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Sure. I have no problem with getting a Wood or Biyombo. I just stand by Castleton is going to contribute this season at some point same as Reaves and same as Christie their first seasons.

3. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I’d take Wood for sure. He is a 20/10 guy in 30 mins. We could use that when AD is out. And he can play the 4 with AD at the 5 and be successful in my opinion.

I just don’t see him coming here for the minimum. And I’m not interested in trading Vando for him because I think Vando would thrive in Dallas as a defensive guy with Irving and Doncic.

4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

He's a Laker now, so I hope it works out. A lot of folks liked Huff, but he's still getting two way deals. It's a tough League, that's why I will always have respect for those guys, that had to grind their way into the League, and become rotation players or starters.

svtzr likes this.
  5. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I can respect that, but Pioneer10 has a valid point too. Max, Gabe and Prince, maybe Reddish...we have more guys looking for minutes on the perimeter now. Jarred is a still a hell of a bargain at his salary though.

6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Biyombo is washed..give me Tristan over him.

7. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Part of the reason Lebron and AD were out so much with Russ is that they had to do so much more when he was on the team. Playing heavy minutes and exerting so much more energy probably played a huge part. AD played in basically all the games once he was traded and Lebron's foot injury was built up from when Russ was on the team. :KobeConfused:

8. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Huh?..they played together in 28 games in the season before Russ got here. Westbrook didn't have anything to do with those guys getting injured. The previous guys didn't either. NO.

9. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Yeah AD came into the season out of shape after a 2 month off season fresh off a title. Lebron was fine until Hill dove into his ankle. That would keep anyone out. We'll see how their durability is this coming year.

In any event, I thing we all can agree that Russ's play here was a train wreck regardless of AD or Lebron's status. It was the lowest point of his career and I think everyone involved is glad it's in the past.

10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Russ is in the past. I'm more interested into, what we are going to do for AD moving forward. We've bent over backwards to get LeBron help. He's needs a PG that can shoot, we got D'Angelo, he flamed out,we let Dennis walk for another PG that can shoot to back him up. Cool

Lebron is getting old, we don't want him to have to guard 3's. We get Prince, Reddish, to go with Vanderbilt, on occasion Rui, Austin and maybe Max. Cool.

Damn...what about AD? We are looking at a vet minimum in Hayes, maybe another one(who knows who) and another rookie?

I think it's about time that we cater some to Anthony Davis, our franchise player.

The chatter is a stretch 5..that can't be Biyombo, he's never even attempted a 3pt shot in his career. I don't think he's ever hit a jumper outside of 12 feet. We've already announced that we want something different than Hayes.

I'm still unimpressed with the AD support this offseason.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
    abeer3 and Pioneer10 like this.
  12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

14. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

embiid knows he's never winning a title in philly. with harden gone eventually, they'd be smart to start shopping embiid too and starting the rebuild

the best they'll be getting from the clips in a harden trade would be mann and powell

15. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Trade Embiid to Portland for Grant and Simmons

abeer3 likes this.
  16. 52years

52years - Rookie -

I read a lot about what C.Wood cant do on defense but what he can do is finish in the top 28% in DFRTG.finish in the top 7% in TRB per 100.Finish in the top 6% in total blocks per100.Thats the same blocks per 100 as Gobert and Embid.

Slick2021 and TIME like this.
  17. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I don't think anyone is questioning Wood's ability to generate good numbers. The issue is whether he makes any significant contributions to his team's winning games. You got to admit it's strange that such a statistically productive player is dropped by every team he has played on.

18. 52years

52years - Rookie -

you cant count his first 3 years because he never played more than 21 games so he was basically a two way guy trying to make it.Then he plays on two horrible teams with little to no veteran leadership.I suspect C Wood is one of those players who needs the right situation to thrive.If you can get him at the vetmin with a Lebron and AD as his vet leaders you do it.

Slick2021, Helljumper and TIME like this.
  19. DeeZee

DeeZee - Rookie -

abeer3 and Cookie like this.
  20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

The Athletic’s Kelly Iko (Rockets beat writer) on our pursuit of Brooks

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.