2023-24 Team Developments: Trades / Free Agents / News / Rumors / Ideas

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, May 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

philly has maxey, who's better than herro and has a contract tbd. brooklyn has a bunch of interesting picks and simmons. you start moving down the list to non-playoff teams with a single all-star, and things get wide open. my point is miami's offer is s***, and a similar return to beal, who's a lesser value.

if i get more time, i could craft more than 10 better options than herro, two firsts, and a swap.

oh, and what's with the lillard hate? easy--he s*** on everyone else that demanded trades and switched teams, etc. and then he does basically worse than every single one of those guys. f*** that bs. you're clearly buying what he's selling, but i'm not. he's the same as the guys he's thrown under the bus for years. i'm not letting him off the hook.

LTLakerFan and alam1108 like this.
  2. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student

Not necessarily saying we should have brought him back if he only got the minimum (although … maybe? But I’m guessing he wasn’t particularly interested in coming back and wanted to go somewhere with a bigger opportunity)

But I still was hoping he’d earn himself a bigger payday wherever he went, so we could point to his trajectory as additional evidence for why free agents should come here on one year deals. Play great in the LA spotlight and you can earn yourself more money in your next contract.

I think Brooklyn is going to be a good fit for him. Kinda hoping they DON’T land Sherri so that Lonnie gets a lot of playing time

3. 52years

52years - Rookie -

If NY wanted Dame the could beat anyone’s offer.Let’s just begin with they have 4 first round picks next year including Washington’s and Detroit’s.They also have RJ Barret as a centerpiece and enough contracts to take on nurkic as well

Barnstable, TIME and abeer3 like this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, lonnie and troy both going on minimums will hurt our leverage on the young vet min market going forward (counteracting the monk bump).

fwiw, i think lonnie's worth more than the minimum.

Cookie, Helljumper and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I think Lillard still ends up in Miami. When it’s a Top 10ish guy demanding a trade, they tend to end up where they want. It just takes all of the desired team’s assets.

Herro (who maybe gets spun out to a third team), Robinson, take on Nurkic’s contract and every first round pick/swap Miami can trade. It’s not the crazy package that Gobert or KD went for, but it’s not garbage.

JSM and sirronstuff like this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think Portland is broadcasting noncooperation so Miami will dig a little deeper and perhaps work in additional teams so they can get the best possible package. If a 50mil asset is going out, you should be able to get some good return.

JSM, TIME and abeer3 like this.
  7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Surprisingly, Troy DID end up getting a raise. 2 years/$8 million with a team option. Makes me appreciate our Prince signing even more.

Heading into free agency, I would have guessed TBJ may have had to settle for the minimum but that Lonnie could get a solid short term deal somewhere

Cookie, alam1108, JSM and 1 other person like this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

:speechless:

9. nluna75

nluna75 - Rookie -

You think NY wants an undersized overaged guard who if you pair him with Brunson will have a backcourt who cant guard anyone? I would say NYK put up a better package for Hardin then Lillard. You think NYK are giving up that Washington pick or Detroits as well as RJ Barrett for Lillard? Get out of here. There's a reason NYK aren't touching Lillad with a 10 foot pole cause it doesn't make them any better then 2nd round team which they already are.

Miami's 27 and 29 picks are gonna trump anything as by then Lillard will be old and so will butler. They will be gone or retired by then and those picks will be great to go along with a 24 pick and 2nd round picks and pick swaps and contracts to take in Nurkic.

abeer3 likes this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

nluna's right that the 27 and 29 miami picks are valuable. i still contend that getting lillard for herro and that (+swap) falls short of what i'd offer as a have-not. maybe ny isn't right (though i'd offer brunson as a better centerpiece than herro there), but several teams can do similar.

11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I liked Lonnie, he carried himself like a true pro here. He didn't whine about getting benched, and stayed ready for when his name was called. I wish we had kept him. For all the D'Angelo talk, Lonnie stepped up big-time against Golden State too.

Cookie and TIME like this.
  12. nluna75

nluna75 - Rookie -

The fact you put in Simmons disqualifies you, man. No one wants simmons or his horibble contract. You think Portland wants that contract if they are trying to get rid of Nurkic, GET OUTTA HERE!

Sure Maxey is better then herro but that's not the point, its to get as many picks and get rid of awful contracts to make the lillard trade worth it. Philly still has to give up other stuff to get any contracts to match and they will still have to take back nurkic.

Brooklyn has great picks but who do they give up? They just traded Joe harris and no one wants simmons and why would portland take and older dimwiddle if you're rebuilding. The point is to give up picks and bad contracts and yes Boroklyn has picks but they have no one to give up cause Brooklyn will be idiotic to give up Bridges, both cam's and Claxton cause if they do that who's left on their team for Lillard.

I still dont get the Lillard hate, he stayed with the team and they made promises and they didn't keep any promises and its not lillard has time, He's old man especially for a 6'2 small guard who cant guard anyone.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'll stay here and say that herro is similarly overpaid for the same amount of time. miami's been trying to get off him since before signing him to that bloated deal.

philly says tobias harris/maxey/2 picks and ends a miami bid. period.

i've already explained why lillard's full of s***.

14. nluna75

nluna75 - Rookie -

No man several teams casn't do it, nor do they want a small 33 year old 6'2 guard who cant guard anyone anymore. Miami makes the most sense for 1st round picks along with 2nd round picks, pick swaps, taking in bad contracts and giving up contracts that Portland doesn't need to keep. You think Portland wants Herro? No they don't but they need to take him in to get rid of an awful contract like Nurkic.

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i have no idea what you're saying at this point. is it that lillard isn't good enough to warrant better offers than miami's (wrong)? or that portland should honor his requests due to his loyalty (also wrong)?

16. nluna75

nluna75 - Rookie -

No way, absolutely not. Maxey is great but their picks arent as good as Miami's 27 and 29 picks especially if Embiid is still playing at an high level. You think philly is gonna give up pick swaps along with Maxey and 2nd round picks and give up the contracts necassary to bring in Nurkic and Lillard? You think Philly wants that after spending god knows how mauch time trying to figure out what to do with Hardin. You think Maxey/Harris a couple of decent picks is better thenMiami's package? No way. Miami can offer more 1st round picks, more 2nd round picks, pick swaps, the ability to take in awful contracts like Nurkic. WHy would Philly over pay for an 33 year old 6'2 guard who can't guard anyone? WHere's their depth? At least in Miami they have enough star players ot bring veterans to fill out the bench. You think veterans will go to Philly? Nope which is why their bench every year stinks.

17. nluna75

nluna75 - Rookie -

Im saying no one is overpaying for Lillard like Miami will which is why Miami has the best deal. NO ONE ELSE IS WIPING OUT THEIR TEAM FOR LILLARD. Miami will though cause they have Bam, Butler, Spoelestra and Riley.

18. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Jeannie moves differently, but in general, there is no loyalty in pro sports on the ownership side. These players are assets, how they get treated, depends on their value at the moment. The Bulls didn't want to pay Pippen or Phil. Houston and New York cut bait with Hakeem and Ewing , instead of paying them that fat last year of their deals salary. It is what it is.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yes. herro isn't very good. miami wishes they didn't pay him, much like duncan robinson.

as for the rest, i'm beginning to think you're just maybe a miami fan? because their magical run to the finals doesn't make me forget they were inches away from not making the playoffs.

i'm still waiting to hear why lillard isn't an a** for signing a supermax extension and then demanding a trade to one. single. team.

20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

ok, so lillard isn't worth more than miami's offering is your stance.

52years likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.