2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

as far as lakers tax not existing before rob, i think the other GMs hating him has a lot to do with that. it's pretty well known that he's not popular among the rest of the league

2. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

C Bags have a code of conduct? That's news to me.

3. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

It's a fair point.

What I'm afraid of is if we have another terrible season, which we probably will be if we roll with Russ, it's 3 years in a row not being anywhere relevant. That brings a lot of pressure for next year and there's a good chance we are 4 years a pretty mediocre franchise while having 2 of the best in the game. That's not a good case to make Luka, Booker or other superstar forcing their way to come here. If that happens, no enough picks will get us those guys because it's a players league, those guys go to where they want.

Because that's my point. We need to stay relevant to have that leverage of guys saying "I want LA", like it happened with AD. Even if it costs you picks to get there, if that guy is forcing their way, there's always a deal you can find to make it happen.

Treat these 2 picks as a pre-deal of a future trade we make for that second all-star.

A fair point as well.

I think I value our reputation as a team for the next 2 years higher than having those 2 assets. I strongly believe that this is underrated, we are a bad franchise at the moment, we have a ton of problems, there's a lack of belief in our roster, there's fitting issues, no trust on the owners or FO, etc. And there's a good chance we are a play-in team this year.
    That all goes away if we make this trade. Suddenly you have a consensus lineup. You have a great shooter in the roster and all of a sudden Pat, Reaves, Schroder or Turner don't look as bad shooters. Everyone will talk about Turner-AD duo, best pairing of the league and how difficult will be to score inside, instead of talking about Russ bad fit and locker room drama. We are instantly a lock in the playoffs, barring injuries. It put us in a situation where AD missing time is not as big of a deal because we have 4 good bigs in the roster.
    That's very valuable imo and sets up for the next 2 years at a price I don't value as much because those picks will most likely be dealt sooner or later.

But I can understand not wanting to pull the trigger and time may be in our favour on this one. Hope it's not a s*** show until then.

Big wtf to that Bogdanovic trade. It's odd how no contender picked him up. The market is crazy this year, there has been some really odd deals.
    I wouldn't trade with Utah now, that deal might be dead. They only have 3 guards and Gay to trade now, Bogdanovic was key

FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  4. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, i was expecting this. i thought if bogdanovic got a 1st, it would mean utah was bringing back salary. olynyk is only 3 million guaranteed. the question i have is that if bogdanovic went for expiring salary, then why wouldn't we have just taken him and conley for russ. no picks. better deal for both teams. now they have to move conley as a negative asset without bogdanovic attached to soften the blow. or they have to pay him and sit him or something.

i've been saying all summer how bad of luck we had with the three teams that were the most obvious russ landing spots having deep-seated hatred for our franchise. the only one you can chalk up to rob personally is indiana, imo--and magic certainly factored into that, as well. that failed paul george gambit is the gift that keeps giving and remains the dumbest thing i can attribute to rob.

we also caught a bad break when miles bridges did his thing, as mitch probably would have worked with us but his incentive to do so was removed.

6. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

The trade is a bad look for Ainge. This also makes Pelinka look good imo.

7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    FYI, a lot of speculation online that Udoka may have actually hooked up with someone else’s wife, not this woman on the team staff.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and abeer3 like this.
  8. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

It has to be something big.
    There's talks he's resigning too. That's a big blow in a franchise that was a runner-up in the first year as coach of his career. It gotta be something really bad to have these ramifications

9. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I kind of feel like this leaked to get him to quit. We will know soon.

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

interesting

was there friction between him and the FO last season? the punishment is definitely excessive which makes me think there's a lot more to this. if there was friction, this could be the FO's opportunity to get rid of him

11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Don't we still have a spot open on our staff? Just saying

D-Fish Man likes this.
  12. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

The bogdonavic trade pisses me off

No firsts. No expiring contracts. No prospects.

Just dumped him for nothing. Meanwhile, they were tryna get 2 firsts from us for Bogdanovic?

Unreal man...the Laker tax is f***ing real and has been for a very long time (even before Rob)

Guess we'll need another star to demand a trade here for anything to happen

13. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

We tried that with Kyrie

abeer3 likes this.
  14. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

How do we even know they asked for 2 draft picks? Or Indiana either? The media has been throwing out all kinds of wild, false rumors surrounding the Lakers all summer. They are soo tuned into what we are doing, but totally whiffed on the THT trade? This stuff seems more like a bunch of folks speculating to me. If we make a trade, it's probably something that is totally unexpected or haven't been previously talked about.

svtzr likes this.
  15. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Three team trade idea:

Lakers get: Trent, McDermott

Spurs get: Westbrook and 2027 unprotected 1st (Lakers)

Raptors get: Poertel, Richardson, 2029 top 10 protected 1st (Lakers)

Lakers get best player in the trade in Trent. 3 and D wing. Lakers also get a back u wing who could shoot in McDermott. Lakers also get an approx. 16 million dollar trade exception as a result of this deal. Maybe the use it to absorb somebody from Utah's bloated roster? Maybe Beasley?

Spurs open cap space for 2023 by unloading McDermott's 13.5 million, and valuable Lakers 1st.

Raptors break up a log jam at the wing, and fill a need at enter. They had Poertel before. He went to San Antonio and got some seasoning. He would be better for them now. Richardson is an extra 3 and D wing for them that could back up Anuonoby and Siakam. They also get the valuable Lakers 2029 1st.

FrontOfJersey22 and alam1108 like this.
  16. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Nope. Now we give up two picks for Trent and McDermott? I mean these ideas get worse every week.

17. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Yeah, but Trent isn't trash. He is young and will be a restricted free agent after the season, so he would be in our long term plans. His skillset also fits as a legit third banana to Lebron/AD. It's different then any of the Utah and Pacers scenarios.

18. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

That's not worth 2 first round draft picks bro. We don't have to be in a hurry to just give away assets for guys that " aren't trash". We can do better than that later.

19. DeeZee

DeeZee - Rookie -

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
  20. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

He banged a VP's wife: lol what are these people thinking sometimes? Just blow millions of dollars when you can just likely pickup some good-looking college girls in Boston

Wino and ElginTheGreat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.