2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Well, when you tamper with Indiana's best player on national television, and the league has to come in and investigate your actions, they fine you you 500K & now you're attempting to negotiate a good faith deal with that team? Yeah, you're already coming in from behind.

Not to mention all the bad blood Rob had with GM's coming into this job because according to many, he was a shark as an agent. He didn't have. Many good relationships coming in. Then, we hear about him not calling GM's, following up, etc.

I like Rob, but he was better suited as an assistant GM. Either way, he has to get something done. We need shooting. Irrespective if we bring Russ back or not, he needs to get go a knock down 3 point shooter.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  2. LaVarBallsDad

This part. If we're left with giving up too much, then we may be forced to run it back.

I'd be willing to give up a 27 pick in the right scenario but to ask for 27 & 29 for Turner & Hield is absurd. It's worth 1 pick and maybe a combination of second rounders, maybe.

Plan C just might be adding Eric Gordon and calling it a day, lol. Doesn't really move the needle, but I don't think Houston will ask for the moon mainly because Gordon isn't worth it.

3. Coach Chris

Coach Chris - Rookie -

Just a point of fact but there were no ex-Laker execs involved in the Gasol trade.

4. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Completely agree. Especially that he’s got to get something done.

5. LaVarBallsDad

I do think Reaves takes a leap.

Nunn actually playing games would be a big addition, too.

Those two guys can bring a lot of utility.

6. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

I’m still shocked that Lebron and AD really thought that bringing in Russ was worth the risk. Part of me feels that Lebron thought it would cement his goat argument if he could bring in a guy like Russ, who’s historically been unable to play alongside franchise talent and win a title with him.

7. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

the whole point of bringing in russ was so that lebron could sit more often while russ and AD did the heavy lifting

8. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

I didn’t really want the corpse of Hayward and an overpaid Rozier.

9. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

Same. I still think you’re right and we need a couple of pure shooters.

10. LaVarBallsDad

Correct.

The championship had Green and while he missed a lot more than I liked, the defense still had to account for him and a defender had to stay attached to him.

We don't have anybody on this roster with that type of gravity. Green, Korver, JR Smith, etc. There is no doubt in my mind this roster will be seeing more changes.

It has to...

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  11. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Honestly I’ve been following reactions from fans of various teams that we’ve been linked to this off season, and the Pacers fans may be the most delusional ones.

I have no idea what they’re actually expecting as a return for Hield or Turner, they just seem blinded by their hate of the Lakers (and Lebron, they see him as blocking a Pacers championship in the PG era so they want to stick it to him).

12. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

hayward's corpse has outperformed russ (and hield) and been as available as kyrie. just sayin'. anyway, that ship sailed when their financial crunch got..."solved"?

so, it's not really delusions--which involve unrealistic beliefs--so much as despondency about dealing with the lakers at all. i get that. and honestly, pritchard probably has that, too.

all i'm saying is that if they imagined it's not the lakers:

would you deal buddy hield for a 2nd rounder and an expiring? (yes)
    would you deal myles turner for a 1st rounder and an expiring? (i think yes, especially considering that was the price for brogdon)

so why is westbrook/1st/2nd unacceptable? feelings.

JSM, Cookie and ElginTheGreat like this.
  13. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator - Lakers 6th Man -

I completely agree with your take. Westbrook one FRP and a second for Hield/Turner is a fair deal for both sides. The Pacers are just greedy and want to win the trade by having 2 firsts.

Cookie, FrontOfJersey22 and abeer3 like this.
  14. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

fans overrate their favorite players

indy fans would probably want reaves and another 1st in that deal when that'd be a complete overpayment by the lakers. and lol if pacers fans really think one of their PG-led teams could have won a title. if they had somehow managed to get past the heat or cavs they would have been a**blasted by the spurs or warriors

abeer3, ElginTheGreat, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  15. FrontOfJersey22

FrontOfJersey22 - Lakers All Star -

Meh. Using Russ as a comp? I think we should be setting the bar much higher than a dude who negatively impacted his team. Would adding Hayward and Rozier be an improvement over bringing RustBrick back? Of Course.
    Would we regret having their bad contracts on our books for years to come? Yes.
    Would having these two new additions to the team give us a chance at a Chip? He’ll no!
    There is only one trade that will give us a small chance at winning it all- the rest are just ones to make us feel better for one season of basketball without Russ.

16. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Rondo was .400 from 3 in those playoffs. AD was .383, LBJ was .370, Markieff Morris .420, KCP .378, THT .400.

No hitters from 3 eh? 5 major contributors were hitting at a nice clip + 1 grunt.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  17. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

I wonder if trading one of the FRPs to the Pacers or someone would force the Nets hand to take our remaining FRP for Kyrie, because effectively we wont have 2 FRPs available anymore, so nothing left to negotiate, or if they would get pissed off instead and not deal with us.

abeer3 likes this.
  18. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Well supposedly the Pacers have now backed out of the deal due to us only including 1 FRP

Give us Joe Harris and Curry with Kyrie and you can have both FRPs. If that offer is on the table and Rob isn't taking it, then he needs to go job hunting if I am Jeanie.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

lol. you made my point. a bunch of non-shooters made shots at a decent clip for a short period of time. every guy you mention save kcp shot under 35% for the season (kcp was at 38%).

i mean, we still have THT, AD, and lebron, so there's at least three hitters by your definition!

we were told all year that we needed shooters and could never win a title. then we won because guys made just enough shots, and the teams that could shoot couldn't do it so well against our defense.

20. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

There was an uptick in shooting during the bubble across the board.‘I’m not sure what it was but I think the gym atmosphere resembled training without fan noise or maybe a change in their depth perception without fans. But across the board free throws and three point percentages were up.

So not sure what we can read into who shot shah during our championship run.

Barnstable and abeer3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.