2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Today's news is confirming the sense I got around Philly & Simmons. FO is very stressed about the situation.

On the LA side, haven't been in touch lately, but not surprised to hear the Lakers offering Kuzma around. However I would not be alarmed. As I mentioned earlier, they're mainly trying to get a sense of the "return" for him, rather than trying to desperately get rid of him ASAP. Just surveying the field, if you will.

Am still making my way through the other coast but as always please send me a message if you need anything. All the Best!!!

2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

I'd rather trade Kuz for Bagley and try to switch picks with the Kings or more likely pick up a 2nd rounder. Bagley at worst could be packaged somewhere else.

3. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Before I run, Hield news coming from Lakers FO. Note the tone of the article, and also what I said earlier. Enjoy!!

4. The Rock

The Rock - Lakers Starter -

Thank you Mr. Rambis. Insightful as always.

What's the Lakers FO's thoughts on Schroder? Is he simply a S& T asset at this point?

5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Hawks are the surprising name there. They have some young pieces that could be attractive, if mixed with picks. Collins, Huerter, and Reddish (especially after the post season showing he had).

They will never be able to land a marquee FA here (they've done a great job with supporting parts this past season for the first time in years), so if they can get someone of Beal's caliber in trade, you overpay if you have to. A Beal/Trae pairing could attract a 3rd piece within a year.

6. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Of all these names, Buddy Hield is probably the most realistic. I don't think we're going to get these all stars that are being discussed.

TIME and ElginTheGreat like this.
  7. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I definitely think that a lot of things are being tossed out there just to see if they can get any traction.

I don't see Westbrook because even if we wanted to, that trade is very difficult to pull off because of salaries and needing Dennis to want to go to the Wizards. I have doubts on anything involving a sign and trade with Dennis.

Hield is the most realistic in my mind (thanks again for the insights @Mr. Rambis).

I'd think (hope) we are also looking at guys like Joe Ingles, Terrence Ross, and Harrison Barnes.

Toneloc and abeer3 like this.
  8. ElginTheGreat

Yeah. Barnes would work great. He can shoot and defend. Also, I didn't even realize he and Hield are pretty much the same age.

lakerjones, abeer3 and TIME like this.
  9. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Agree with the posts above that are considering what is realistic.

My realistic list in order of preference is Joe Ingles / Harrison Barnes / Buddy Hield.

I'm just not sure Utah would want to move Ingles to us. Giving us a 45% three point shooter who can also do some playmaking would not be their smartest move.

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yeah, our biggest plans have schroder cooperating (not his strong suit) and trez cooperating (don't blame him if he doesn't).

i think we can definitely work a s&t with schroder, but it may not be to the location we want or for a player of great impact. we just need something, though, if only for trade salary matching later. and i'd prefer a player to a TE, if possible.

hield is certainly realistic, but i don't think it's a great idea. also, he makes enough money that we'd have to give more than kuz to get him. again, will trez opt in and get moved there? same with barnes (whom i prefer to hield). giving up both kcp and kuz for one wing of that quality is a downgrade.

and utah needs to move off salary, so i don't see how anything works, as we don't have any small salaries to work into a larger deal. i guess bogdanovic/ingles for kuz/kcp saves them 5 million, but it makes them worse.

i think ross is a downgrade from either kuz or kcp.

TIME and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. ElginTheGreat

Completely agree on the Jazz.

abeer3 and TIME like this.
  12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I really don't understand these small to middle market teams with borderline disgruntled superstars who aren't catering their players and are doing everything wrong in trying to keep them. Both Dame and Beal wanted a particular coach, neither got their guy, and that seems to have pushed both of their relationships with the respective front office to the brink. When the next time either of these teams will have a player of that caliber? If history tells us anything, it could be decades.

13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

acquiring hield in exchange for kuzma and KCP would be a downgrade

14. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

This is an underrated sensible take. Last summer I wanted Christian Wood to pair alongside AD. The reason being that I think we’d be more dangerous with a pair of interchangeable 6’10-6’11 athletic bigs as opposed to a traditional center. Bagley would give us that. He can do almost everything AD can just not at AD’s level.

15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

How much $ are you willing to leave on the table?

That 3rd year needs to be a Team Option.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
  16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i would do kuzma for bagley

maybe a change of scenery would get bagley to finally reach his true potential

17. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I like how Shannon actually called out the "It's all about winning. " BS that athletes serve up. Gary Payton and Karl Malone are the only two guys I can think of that really signed contracts that were ALL about winning. They signed for peanuts compared to what they could have likely made with the explicit goal of getting a ring. Some people have signed for a little less to make their teams a little better, but if they were "all about winning" they would have taken minimum deals.

tada, Weezy, alam1108 and 6 others like this.
  18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Another vid from the DD interview, specifically about the Lakers

tada, CarolinaLakerFan, Weezy and 6 others like this.
  19. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

DeRozan can have the MLE if he wants.

more than that I wouldn't do. He's a known choker in the playoffs.

I remember he choked so bad against Lebron in 2018, they had to take him off the court for most of the last 2 games.

20. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Wow! That was such an explicit and targeted (but smart) way to make it 100% clear he wants to figure out a way to be a Laker. That wasn’t an interview with Shannon and Skip, it was just Shannon who is one of the biggest Lakers fans in the media. I wouldn’t be surprised if Demar’s agent didn’t directly tell Shannon to ask him those questions.

I remember before we got AD, we were looking to get a #2 behind LeBron and a lot of people wanted DeRozen. I was totally against him as a #2. He’s not impactful enough for that, and can’t carry a team like a #2 nerd to do. But as a 3rd option, he’d be incredible. He can’t shoot 3s, but his midrange jumper is money. It would be a hell of a weapon offensively. Not sure about him defensively, but I’d do everything I could to get him if he’s willing to take a huge pay cut. Take him and never look back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.