2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PurPle n GoLd 1

PurPle n GoLd 1 - Lakers 6th Man -

AreNT they both UFA

2. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

I’d argue that a legit third star could hedge against the LeBron and AD age/injury stuff as least as well as having quality 8th or 9th men does. LeBron has wanted someone else to take over as the primary ball handler in the regular season since like 2017. The problem with the Russ trade wasn’t that a third star was the wrong path, it was that Russ wasn’t actually a third star and he was about the worst possible fit. If it had been Kuzma and KCP for Dame it would have been fine.

As for this off-season, it would depend entirely on what the particular trade was. If we could get Kyrie for DLO and Beasley, yeah I do that. My understanding is you don’t get hard capped when it’s a S&T on both ends but I’m no cap expert. If it’s DLO and Vando for Kyrie, that’s a lot tougher. I’d lean No on that right now but if I’m the Mavs Vando is the guy I want from us. I can’t even wrap my head around a Trae Young thing right now.

Panko and alam1108 like this.
  3. PurPle n GoLd 1

They don't need smart I'd take him in LA doe good size for a guard ..... Derrick white reach all NBA 1sr team makes smart replaceable

4. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

both are on player option, i see trent taking the $ but fvv probably wants another 100m deal, if tor wants beasley n a 2nd for trent id do it

PurPle n GoLd 1 likes this.
  5. PurPle n GoLd 1

Yes no vleet was an example but doesn't mean start and end at these 2 names

6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers All Star -

We got a total of 9 pts, in two critical must win home games, from Russell, Beasley, Vanderbilt and Bamba. It depends on who your top 6 guys are.

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

The Suns say hello
    [​IMG]

Exhibit A of the model not working. You want Bron trying to play 45 minutes a game next post season because our backups don't belong in the NBA?

And Kyrie is not the answer to get these guys rest. He's a part time player at best. At least with Bron and AD, it's injury related. Kyrie might decide he needs to watch a new documentary that came out and needs to take the week off to process it before his next IG Live.

Cookie, Panko, TIME and 4 others like this.
  8. Slick2021

What does that really mean? Lebron just played 40 minutes on a bad foot last night. He's the oldest guy on the team, and he logged the most minutes of anyone on the team in the Playoffs. With this supposedly better depth we had.

Only 4 teams make it to the Conference Finals. That take is basically saying, that whatever the other 26 teams in the League did, didn't work either. I don't know who is going to win the Championship this season, but I do know that it's more than one way to get it done. There hasn't been a repeat Champion since the Warriors with KD.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

option 1 just far superior. cap space route is awful unless lebron actually retires.

i'd love him; wanted him when boston traded for him. but they're not taking that deal. agree with others that they'd probably move smart first, as smart and white are kind of redundant, imo. not sure having two of that kind of player makes a ton of sense. having one is great, though!

but it wasn't and the next one won't be, either. dlo played the role nicely until the playoffs, and really just the denver series. and his salary isn't 50 million, so you basically gain a reaves/rui-level player by not having another big max guy.

pretty sure it doesn't matter if it's both ways. you're hardcapped on any incoming s&t. so kyrie's a no-go. that scenario posted a couple pages back involved kyrie taking a substantial paycut and rui's starting salary being lower than anyone is currently anticipating, too. it's the only way it worked under the apron.

and the mavs will definitely want vando, and we should definitely say no.

Panko, alam1108 and karacha like this.
  10. Slick2021

Kyrie ain't coming, but there are plenty other options out there. I look forward to this offseason. We are back on track IMO, with the right moves, we can be legitimately in the title hunt for the next two seasons.

11. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

well, at least one. i think lebron has one more year left in him at this level. but two is asking a lot.

karacha likes this.
  12. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I think the price for Trae would be too high, but hypothetically if you could acquire him via S&T with DLo and only a few marginal pieces (maybe one FRP?)… I probably do it.

Still on board with just keeping DLo at a reasonable price, but I am curious what S&T options there might be (ie outgoing S&T where we’re acquiring someone who is already under contract, and therefore do NOT get hard capped)

ElginTheGreat, Panko and abeer3 like this.
  13. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

^^
    Yeah, I think this is realistic. If Bron can fix that foot, you can still expect good production from him when he’s 39. At 40, you are asking for a miracle, even from him.

Panko likes this.
  14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i tried to outline a few earlier in the thread. it's going to be tough with him coming off a rough playoff series. i think we need to try to re-sign him on the cheap and look into moving him later if necessary.

my favorite hypothetical deal was to bkn for dinwiddie and oneale, though. dinwiddie can give us what we need as a starting pg, imo, and oneale would be another wing defender, can never have too many.

15. Slick2021

I could be wrong, but I think we plan on resigning Russell and Beasley anyway. That doesn't mean that we don't intend to trade them. Those salary slots are important assets, you can use them to acquire different players if you want. That's more valuable than the cap space you get from letting them walk.

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i'll be surprised if we go too far over 170 in payroll, so i'm thinking beasley's just walking into air. which sucks. if we were the clips, we'd be moving him and the first for a legit rotation piece, imo.

VincePT, alam1108 and TIME like this.
  17. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

If we are sticking with the win-now non-three star method:

Draft day trade: Beasley/Bamba/#17 to Charlotte for Rozier

Why for Lakers?

Rozier is the perfect back court partner for Reaves. Let Reaves run the offense. All Rozier would have to do is catch and shoot.

Why for Hornets?

Rozier has seemingly been on the block for years, and the Lakers have been mentioned multiple times as a suitor. The get a sniper with a fresh start in Beasley, and a stretch 5 in Bamba, to put along side LeMelo. They also get #17 to go along with #2, which is great for their rebuilding efforts.

alam1108, Panko and TIME like this.
  18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG] :giggle: ;)

You made it through a trade scenario without even hinting at giving up AR or Max.

:rock:

JK!!!!!!

:Beertoast2:

Cookie, Panko and TIME like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.