2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

Jesus that was a brutal non-answer

2. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

He should have said..f*** the Clippers. What else was he supposed to say? I hope he plays well?

Panko likes this.
  3. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Great answer, loved it.

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right. i'm talking about the last two years, where he sucked and his team missed the playoffs.

"...i know they got rid of john and reggie..."

Cookie, Panko and ElginTheGreat like this.
  5. Pioneer10

Pioneer10 - Lakers All Star -

"I don't follow what they do" but let me tell you about their other mid-season moves lol

6. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Lol..He got here last season. We have sucked without AD and Lebron playing, ever since James signed.

7. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

AD was completely done with Russ.

Cookie, DeeZee, abeer3 and 3 others like this.
  8. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

We have also sucked worse with AD playing and James out.

We need both of them and depth

abeer3 and Slick2021 like this.
  9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Yes we do..Hopefully we will catch a break on the health front. We have a good amount of young talent to support them.

10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

he should be more appreciative...chi in the east has better shot at playoffs than here, dont want to ruin his playoffs streak

11. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Winning those two games would be helping to accomplish both.

PurPle n GoLd 1 likes this.
  12. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

meh. he said the same thing about the clippers last season. that's just who he is

13. Panko

Panko - Rookie -

This is delusional. He was viewed as a negative - he was bought out. Any contract(s) would have worked, they only wanted the pick. We would have had at least as good a roster, and most likely better, if we never got Russ.

Cookie, abeer3 and ElginTheGreat like this.
  14. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Nonsense..47 million dollar contracts don't grow on trees. Utah isn't interesting in winning, they just wanted to get rid of contracts and get a pick. Win for everyone involved, including Westbrook, he went to a better team and stayed in LA to boot.

15. Panko

Panko - Rookie -

Yes, they would have taken any expiring or non-negative contracts. If Lakers never acquired Russ, they would have had other contracts to trade. That is the point. Russ was meaningless. To say "if you like the roster we have now, it wouldn't have been possible to put together without Westbrook" is flat out false.

Westbrook's contact in fact made the deal much harder, because not only was he a massive negative, it is harder to trade a $47 million contract than 2 $24 million contracts, 3 $16 million contracts, etc.

It's also not a "win" for us in the bigger picture, we had to give up a hugely valuable FRP in the process of getting rid of him. The reason it's a win is bc we got to unload him and got better assets...which we could have done in the first place if we never acquired him.

Cookie, ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  16. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Minnesota basically gave up D'Angelo for peanuts and didn't even offer him an extension.

If we didn't trade for Westbrook, I don't know who we would have had, that anybody else wanted. The guys we traded for him with, were absolutely terrible in the playoffs. We shopped Kuz and KCP all that season with no takers, even Washington declined that trade twice. Revisionist history.

17. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

I find it strange how obsessed the Lakers fan base is with Russ. I was one of his biggest defenders on here and I couldn’t care less anymore, he isn’t on our team. The guy is gone, let it go.

It’s also strange how everyone is trying to paint weird pictures of how his team hated him. When he got traded Lonnie, Bev and Troy Brown all said he was one of the best teammates they’ve had. AD came out and said he and Russ are brothers since he has been in the league. And now everyone hates him according to the media - no idea why they paint him in the negative light.

As for advanced stats, they’re important up to a point. But they also don’t get things totally right, they painted Kobe as a much worse player than he was and I believe they don’t pick up on the multiplier effect Russ has on role players. Anyways, that’s the last I’ll speak on that subject.

abeer3, Slick2021 and PurPle n GoLd 1 like this.
  18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

You find it strange that Lakers fans are still working to get over a guy who ruined 2 seasons for us? Who came in and said there’s no expectations, just have fun, on a team that’s known for titles? He’s everything you don’t want in a Laker, I will continue to celebrate him being gone and I will hope he does poorly on his new team. Going to the Clippers makes it so he won’t stop being talked about here either, we don’t like the Clippers here, I still think they need to leave California. Dude ruined 2 years of LeBron and AD, we still likely won’t make the playoffs because he became so bad he was not tradable until the last minute. I still can’t stand George McCloud for coming to LA and acting like he’s rather be on Mars, I imagine I’ll have bad feelings toward Russ for just as long, screw that guy.

Cookie, shoe, Juronimo and 11 others like this.
  19. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Man.. Lebron and AD have played 28 , 21 and 25 games together over the last 3 seasons. They are the ones that ruined our seasons..by not being available. If they don't show up for these last 23 games, they ruined this one too.

Yeah F the Clippers for real though. Russ went all Judas, and crossed over to the Darkside, he will be hated even more around here if they are successful.

svtzr likes this.
  20. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i don't care about this either. whether it's true or not is immaterial. he made us worse on the court; i don't care if he was invited to people's family birthday parties or whatever.

slick used his traditional counting stats (except turnovers) to support the (completely delusional) case for his efficacy over the past two years. i pointed at stats that account for that AND team success that suggest he was a meh-to-bad nba player this year and a very bad nba player last year.

you don't get the animosity for russ after he's gone; i don't get the defense of russ after he's gone. if people here were talking about another net-negative, past-his-prime vet playing for a nemesis franchise, i'm not sure there would be any pushback. nobody defended people questioning whether blake griffin was a meaningful addition to the C Bags.

Cookie, Juronimo, Panko and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.