2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

2. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

They can have him, I think Lowry is washed.

3. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

Easier to match up sure, easier to trade....no

Kenzo likes this.
  4. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

"eating Hayward's contract" is a bit too much, imo. It's one year contract that we are getting, it's not that bad.
    PLUS, it's one of the easier ways to remain with good contracts while over the cap, which is the only way to strengthen our roster for salary matching. We don't have bird rights on vet mins so we will only have the exceptions apart from whatever we would get from Russ. If we let him expire, we don't even have that. That makes us out of the market, which is not good.

So, imo, Hayward's contract is good for us actually. I'm doing the trade for Rozier anyway. Which is a HUGE upgrade to Russ. Adding Hayward is a win-win, because you not only save a pick, but you also have a contract that can be good for you down the stretch.

And this is all considering he plays 0 minutes. We have good depth on the wings now with LeBron, Rui and Max, so it's ok when he's missing. If he can get us good minutes here and there, it's the cherry on the top.

Regarding the out of the market take above. I think this is underrated by most folks. We have an aging LeBron approaching his last dance, a prime AD who has still to prove he can be counted on to lead our franchise, so we need to keep the flexibility, either to improve the roster for LeBron/AD or to retool to prepare for the post-Lebron era. LeBron will never be traded, so we will eventually lose him for nothing, so we need the other assets to not depend on FA (nowadays big stars ask for trades and rarely reach FA, look at past years). That's REALLY important.
    On that token, I think Hayward fits the bill while at the same time we get a great fit to this roster on Rozier.
    Please read above.

Regarding Rozier, 20-25M contract with the cap space increasing every year for a guard on his prime that can shoot in volume, can create his shot and averaged the past 4 seasons around 20pts, 4rebs, 4ast, 1stl, 3 threes a game, 83% FT. I honestly don't understand the problem with his contract

FrontOfJersey22, abeer3 and VincePT like this.
  5. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

He is a decent player, but if the Hornets are WANTING to part with him then it is still 3 years owed and we would be doing them a favor, not the other way around. Nobody was really refuting that it isn't a decent contract or that he isn't a good player, but that doesn't mean we should overpay for him.

And there are a host of players better to get some value in a trade for Westbrook than arguably one of the worse contracts in the NBA which is what Hayward is. He is a BIG NEGATIVE VALUE right now because of his injury history, how he has looked on the court this season and the 31 million plus still owed to him.

You are only thinking about the dollar amount, but if we have Hayward in ANY PACKAGE for a trade next season you are going to have to attach assets to match him.....

No thanks

6. VincePT

VincePT - Rookie -

yes to Rozier + Hayward if no FRPs attached.

not my preferred trade, but way better than keeping Russ.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

fvv's price must be higher than i thought if the clips are going this route.

re: hayward/rozier:

i said over the summer i would have done that deal with no picks. not now. that's the price of waiting--cuts both ways. charlotte has to incentivize the deal for me now. washington or mcdaniels comes with hayward/rozier, or you send ME a pick.

i'm willing to talk bev/walker/jones/heavily protected 1st for just rozier, btw.

8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    At some point the fight isn’t worth losing million over. It’s pretty ridiculous how far things are being taken. By the way my pronouns are they and them. If you don’t use them, it’s considered hate speech, sexual harassment, and misdemeanor assault.

:ADeyeshift:

9. Weezy

LMAO strike one on day two

432J, lakerjones, D-Fish Man and 4 others like this.
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

it would have been really easy to just quickly say: you know, i didn't think about everything that was in that, nor was i really trying to promote it in its entirety. sorry to those i offended by not thinking that through.

the end. but no, he had to just be standoffish about some separate principle (you don't know me!). you're a public figure. you have to deal with this stuff.

again, his response to the dallas press there wasn't bad--and he even admitted that his failure to quickly apologize was because he let his emotions overrule his brain. the next step is to stop that. he's never made the next step, though.

LTLakerFan and ElginTheGreat like this.
  11. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

I'll get blasted for this but really don't care - Kyrie didn't do anything wrong. The media and fans overreacted, and are still overreacting.

Plenty of IDF sympathizers out there, and ppl that support the Israeli regime BLINDLY yet nobody bats an eye at that...the palestinian genocide is so f***ing bad. But yeah, f*** them right? That goes for both the right AND the left before anybody tries to label me. They're both on the side of Israel as far as I'm concerned...and always have been.

My point in bringing this^^^ up? Kyrie gets blasted for sharing a documentary that he found interesting. He not only gets blasted, he nearly got blackballed by the entire LEAGUE and his team. If it weren't for him being a superstar player...the Nets would have Kapaernick'ed him. Sorry, but that whole thing was b*******, and it still is.

Kyrie had every right to say whatever he said and he owes nobody an apology. Period.

Anyway. I hope he sucks in Dallas and he ends up on the Lakers this summer - still irate that we didn't get him but BKN was never gonna send him here. Oh wellz.

ADKOBE and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  12. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Dude is the same age as me (something must have gone wrong with my life it seems) and he wants to hire Pocket Magic? Strange line of thinking.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

for those who remain fans.

think the knicks would give US 2 1sts if we traded them russ for fournier/rose/reddish?

could we add jones for quickley and just take one 1st back?

i kid. sort of.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  14. Weezy

Kyrie is allowed to have his own opinion, obviously his own thoughts and beliefs, as anyone should. I’d add on to that as long as they aren’t promoting harmful messages and ideologies that can get people actually hurt or worse, but I know many won’t agree with that, and that’s fine. But he’s a public figure, he works for the NBA, what he promotes matters, so there’s consequences if it’s something the company doesn’t want promoted, I don’t see that as crazy, and I don’t see what all any of what you just said has to do with the documentary Kyrie was promoting. Here’s a breakdown of it

https://www.adl.org/resources/blog/hebrews-negroes-what-you-need-know

Personally I wouldn’t want a film like that promoted if I’m the NBA, especially in times like these where further and further divide is growing between different groups and races of people, and where hate of the Jewish people and other groups is becoming increasingly out in the open. Turning a blind eye to such things 90 years ago as they built up led to some really bad stuff to put it lightly. So I don’t really personally mind having stuff like this shouted down, free speech and free thought should be allowed, but it doesn’t mean you can’t get told to shut up and apologize for spreading nonsense fiction as truth and hidden history. Again, I don’t see how anything in what you just said here has anything to do with why Kyrie got flack for this.

D-Fish Man and wallangong like this.
  15. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

They're interested in Reddish too. Wonder if they scoop them up in a packaged deal.

16. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

upload_2023-2-7_18-31-58.png

lakerjones and wallangong like this.
  17. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

18. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

My god our guards are awful...

Can't shoot and can't guard.

Please, please let this be the last game I see Russell Westbrick in a Lakers uniform...

19. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Russ was good tonight, but yes, I want him gone. Dennis was garbage tonight though.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  20. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

Pat Bev was even worse.

Kenzo and LTLakerFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.