2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADKOBE

ADKOBE - Lakers 6th Man -

KE to the Queens

2. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

We will be getting a new back court soon.
    Rozier/Hield
    Rozier/Trent
    Rozier/Bogdan
    Rozier/Beasley
    Conley/Beasley
    FVV/Trent

Etc....

ElginTheGreat and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

tsai didn't want to trade kyrie to the lakers because he hates the lakers. he hates kyrie and didn't want him to get his way. if kyrie's preferred destination was portland, he would've done all he can not to trade him there. same thing pop did with kawhi

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If you say it right, his name sounds like a curse word. So there’s that.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  5. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Seth is declining but still good for 20 minutes. He's expiring though so no huge incentive for BRK to move, maybe for some 2nd rounders and/or cash but we would have to move Lonnie Walker to make the money work too and I don't see the value in that. Lonnie's younger, does similar things with more athleticism. The one reason for doing the deal would be to get Curry's bird rights and ease a resign but he's getting older. I would rather resign Walker.

TIME likes this.
  6. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Is that true? What a tool!!! I’m sure ther’s no Jews in Dallas/Texas, not to mention Cuban who doesn’t need a headache out of the gate with this guy …. that Irving’s ALREADY causing problems with for the Mavericks before he plays one game? Has he never seen the death camp(s) photos?? Am glad Lakers didn’t wind up with him especially with how L.A media and Plaschke types would have been into him.

Cookie likes this.
  7. pika1708

pika1708 - Lakers Starter -

People get too attached to %. What matter for our team is volume. I prefer a guy shooting 5 threes a game with 35% than one shooting 3 a game with 40%.
    Tobias have been consistently above 37% shooting 4 to 5 a game. Rui shoots 3 a game with lower percentage.

Harris would be a great fit with us, even with Rui. The difference between him and Bojan is that he defends and rebounds better, while being better chasing quick forwards or big guards.
    If we could get him for Russ without FRPs it's an unbelievable trade.
    Yep, I'm in the Rozier train too. He fits LeBron perfectly, plus has a great contract moving forward and his a nice guy to use in a future trade for a superstar after LeBron.
    If we can get him for one FRP or taking Hayward contract, it's a great move for the present and future

PurPle n GoLd 1 and abeer3 like this.
  8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I hope it is true. Disgruntled Luka is what we need :)

LTLakerFan and Cookie like this.
  9. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

No..no..to Gordon Hayward in any fashion. Rozier isn't worth eating Hayward's contract. There are other options, including Terry on his own. A lot of these shooters would fit around Lebron..actually anybody that can shoot, fits around Lebron.

10. Alcindor

With FVV asking well north of 30 million and reportedly approaching max, Rozier may be our best option assuming we are out on the OG, KD chases which we would be. And as said, the price is right.

I guess we could load-manage the hell out of Hayward to make sure he is available for the playoffs. I hate having a player that fragile though.

11. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I don’t think he’s a Holocaust denier, but clearly still believes in alternate history conspiracy nonsense in other areas, but whatever, at least he’s not our problem

abeer3 and LTLakerFan like this.
  12. Alcindor

Too bad, in LA he could have hooked up with Kanye and his "Every human being has something of value that they brought to the table, especially Hitler," comments. Hell, Kanye would be like a mentor to him.

D-Fish Man and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

nothing really wrong with what he said there, but it's just always a matter of time with him. and yes, once you've shown yourself to be newsworthy, folks are going to run with it. the flat earth stuff begets the extra attention to promoting a film containing offensive historical inaccuracies.

i don't think kyrie's a bad guy; i think he's faux-intelligent and gullible, which is sorta hot right now, tbh.

Wino, Toneloc, ElginTheGreat and 6 others like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

sirronstuff and KareemtheGreat33 like this.
  15. KobeKing4208

KobeKing4208 - Rookie -

For the zillionth time, Westbrook- as much crap as I give him and how he DOES NOT FIT WITH LEBRON and I want him gone- is still a 3X better "asset" with his expiring contract than what is now Gordon Hayward and the $31.5 million still owed to him next season.

Hayward can't stay healthy anymore, slower than smoke out there defensively, is averaging career lows in just about every category this season and the one thing he was above average at he is dismal this season (right at 30% and 1 make per game- 3pt shooting).

Hornets would need to give someone 2 first round picks (much like people wanted for Westbrook, who I repeat was never this bad an asset- even at 47 million- before this season began) for a team to take him on.

Considering Rozier is owed 3 years at about 25 million per, a second round pick AT MOST is all a Westbrook for Hayward/Rozier trade should cost....and that is if Charlotte wants to move on from Terry

Personally, I wouldn't even entertain it unless someone like PJ Washington was included

16. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

People should apologize to themselves for needing a tweet to believe some guy apologizing.

Why do they keep using Anti-Semitic? Just say Jewish. Enough of the shock words. 99% of the population wouldn’t know what a Semite looked like if they parked on their faces.

17. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Jeff Bezos didn't catch much flak for having this film on his website. It's still on it too. Its considered to be a matter of free speech for Amazon. The kid liked some tweet about the same film, and got suspended, and ridiculed for it, by exercising his free speech.? The media made a big deal out of it, just because he's Kyrie Irving. I don't really blame him tbh, he never made any comments supporting Hitler, Holocaust denying, or hating Jews period.
    I would have pushed back, on being forced to apologize for something, that I didn't actually say too.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    sirronstuff likes this.
  18. NickthaQuick

NickthaQuick - Lakers 6th Man -

Hayward is expiring next year though. His 31 million would be much easier to match up with picks than Russ's 47 million.

19. LTLakerFan

He’s hardly a kid and just has a history of supporting dumb stuff with his public comments, not to say you don’t have a point, Slick.

20. Slick2021

Slick2021 - Lakers MVP -

Terry Rozier isn't worth the cost of Hayward's contract. If they want to move Rozier, he doesn't have to be attached to anyone. Hate me for going for the talent first, but I'd considered an unprotected first for Rozier and the rights to Miles Bridges. Washington and Rozier for Bev and Walker, might tempt me for a heavily protected 1st..top 20 pick or something .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.