2022-23 Team Developments: News / Trades / Free Agents / Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by BangBoomPow, Jun 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakerfansd

lakerfansd - Rookie -

What good is having Rui when Ham would rather play 3 small guards anyways. It baffles me to see the terrible coaching decisions he makes.

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

my niece called me when it happened; her husband is a huge kyrie fan and they live in DFW and follow the mavs (named their kid luka). even he was like...uh....

i just hope we do something else. i don't want to go into the offseason with cap space we plan on using to lure other teams' players. that's just not a great strategy, and i think it would mean plans A-F failed.

Toneloc, ElginTheGreat and D-Fish Man like this.
  3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i agree. it was a nice move. i think there's more out there. if vanderbilt is available at a rui price, i think the market is finally warming. maybe we see a kd deal today or tomorrow and then things really start moving.

Toneloc and lakerjones like this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Don’t necessarily agree with all of this, but we have options

5. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Same here. I agree with everything you said. However, I could also still see them putting together a blockbuster deal for Lavine. I'm surprised they were willing to offer Russ, Reaves, Christie, 2027 unprotected 1st, and 2029 unprotected first for Kyrie signed to a two year extension. I knew Lavine is not the level of superstar that Kyrie is, but he is locked in to a contract, and doesn't have as many question marks as Kyrie does, other then injuries. The Lakers kind of set a precedent with that offer. Many Lakers could obtain Zach with a slightly lesser offer, or maybe they do with the exact same offer. Personally, I would like to keep Christie. I wouldn't mind if they traded Russ, Reaves, and the two picks for Zach. I also wouldn't be surprised or upset if they did they did including Christie too. With that being said, it still seems that the most likely scenario is some variation of the players that you mentioned, which would be great too. Rozier/Trent or FVV/Trent would be a strong back court.

ElginTheGreat and lakerjones like this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

conley/beasley/vanderbilt is worth a pick to me. i'd like it top-5 protected.

that trade negates the need for trent, imo.

reddish and jones don't match salary-wise, not even with JTA added.

i also don't think trent's available for bev/walker/2nds. that would surprise me at this point. if he was, i'd take that over the utah deal and just let russ expire and keep all our future firsts.

7. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I know Jared is 6-9 and long. There is a high premium for such players these days. But, I don't see the need for him on the Lakers. He cant shoot the three. We have a poor mans veriosn of him in Wenyan. We also have Rui now. I know Jared could step out and defend better, but his lack of ahootinh nagates everything. I also don't see the need for Poetl. I don't know why people keep mentioning him, he would be a bad fit.

8. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I like Lavine and he’s the one superstar I’d go after. Just not sure what’s up with the Bulls, if they are sellers or not. Same with Toronto. Hard to tell but things should come to light soon.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

poeltl and vanderbilt would be good fits if we abandoned the 4-out and the idea that we're going to win by outscoring people.

10. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Rob was only going to give up one of the youths in that deal (likely Christy as Reaves is well-established in this unit).

11. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I could see the Lakers giving up everything but the kitchen sink for either Lavine or a combination of Rozier/Trent or FVV/Trent. You almost get a benefit out of trading Reaves, in that you don't have to pay him Caruso money in the off-season. Not that he would be super expensive, but it would cause more luxury tax pain, if the Lakers add the salaries of the new player(s), including signing Rui to a deal at around 10+ million per year.

12. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Yeah, but that is not realistic.

lakerjones likes this.
  13. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

I thought he was going to give up both. I read a report that he was, if Irving signed a 2 year extension, instead of 4 year. That is kind of backwards, come to think of it lol.

14. Alcindor

I saw reports of both so it may have been an issue of contention in the negotiations. Fact is, we were never getting Kyrie unless there were no other suitors that could offer fair deals. Tsai wanted to stick it to him.

Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  15. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Yeah, I know we were never going to get him. But if the reports are true about what we were going to give up, it gives us a clue of what a potential deal could look like for a different player (s).

16. Alcindor

Maybe, Kyrie is damaged goods after all, but that may just bring his value down to a player maybe just below his level like FVV or Rozier.

Media are giving Dallas crap on the Kyrie trade, saying Luka/Kyrie are a bad combo, 2 ball handlers that need the ball all the time. Saying it really only works if Kyrie comes off the bench.

lakerjones likes this.
  17. showtime24

showtime24 - Rookie -

Bron/Kyrie worked well in the past. Rozier or FVV could be a "cleaner" fit though.

18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

I just have a reeeaaallly hard time seeing Ainge settle for one first from us. They initially wanted a first for every player they were offering up. Hell, i think he wanted a first for the popcorn vendor, too. We've already seen Vanderbilt's price drop to multiple seconds or at least that's what's being offered. But if anyone was going to Laker tax us to death, I imagine it would be Danny Boy.

Here's the rest of that clip from Shams on guys we're looking at and their cost.
    Each Bogdanovic - one 1st
    Rozier - one 1st

19. Alcindor

Well now, thanks to BRK, I think teams are going to try and pick some of our youth (Max, Austin), especially AInge. With BRK they didn't want to deal with us because of Kyrie, they wanted to stick it to him. Ainge has a Laker issue so it works out to about the same thing. I don't think he wants to do value-for-value with us.

Both firsts for Bogie and Rozier, I say you do that deal. What's better out there? But how does the money work without a 3rd team with expiring (or just desired players) to take on Westbrook and split between Detroit and Indy?

20. sk2408

sk2408 - Rookie -

We also would (hopefully) be acquiring Vanderbilt along with better shooters in Conley and Beasley. A Vanderbilt/AD front court is much more tenable if Conley and Beasley are your backcourt instead of Russ and Schroeder.

lakerjones and abeer3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.