2020 Democratic Primary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by Helljumper, Feb 13, 2020.

1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i'd be pretty damn shocked if there were actual images out there that came to light, considering the amount of vetting these VP nominees undergo before being chosen

sirronstuff and Savory Griddles like this.
  2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I mean, think about it. If Kamala was really attending orgies to where they had proof (like compromising pictures), the Dems would be aware and there is ZERO chance she gets this nomination. It wouldn't be the Dems "quietly discouraging her ambitions." She'd be a non-starter. Trump would wait until five or six days before the election and drop that nuke. Biden/Kamala would never recover from it. Heck, he could drop it now and they probably don't recover.

John3:16 and revgen like this.
  3. Savory Griddles

And people wonder why we don't trust the media. COVID-19 could very well be as dangerous as they are saying, but how can we take them seriously when they get caught saying whatever they need to say at any given time. It's like the media was never told the story about "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." You lie, and lie, and lie, and change your stance so many times, when the wolf comes, no one will believe you. Trump won the election in part because people got fed up with the media's manipulation. In my opinion, they are the #1 reason Trump got elected. The caused the very thing they feared the most.

LTLakerFan, John3:16 and revgen like this.
  4. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    Shaun King is not “the media”. I figured that’s why his post was brought up, to serve as some evidence of “fake news” as if he’s some revered liberal pundit. Not the case. The left clowns on him as well. But also changing your opinion in 2 years is not a “lie”.

5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I think older life-long politicians and their networks spend a HUGE amount of time and money setting traps for up and coming politicians. They create compromising situations, find their weaknesses, and exploit it somewhere along the line to help them get what they want. If those pictures exists, I would not doubt for a moment her own party would choose to attempt to control her actions with them if elected.

Politics is a very dirty game. I used to be naive enough to think US politics were not as corrupt as other countries, but I no longer feel that is true. The whole election will be very disappointing if the US is putting these two candidates forward as the two very best options in the whole country.

Not even sure what to think any longer. I've considered leaving the country permanently, but once you live abroad, you realize the same crap goes on everywhere else. But there are less Karens in other places.

revgen likes this.
  6. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

We'll find out at the DNC convention next week. Ultimately, it doesn't matter who Biden picks. The DNC has the final say.

7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  8. Helljumper

Student
  9. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
  10. Helljumper

Student
    Yup, the lesson to young girls is don’t even try.

Because even if you make it, older men who realistically would not have had any reason to closely follow your career before, will suddenly become experts on your history and accuse you of sleeping your way to the top. Only when it is politically expedient and lines up with their agenda. Usually triggered by being spoonfed baseless rumors from their media sources. Baseless rumors that get thrown onto such a large pile of other baseless rumors that even if nothing ever comes from it or it gets proven false, the damage will have already been done as they forget about it and move on to their next baseless rumor.

11. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Democrats are really pathetic if they are willing to support Biden and Kamala at this point.

Biden can't even remember what year he is in. Remember when this guy thought people still use record players? Does anyone really think this guy will have what it takes, 24/7, to know the issues America is facing? Most likely, Nancy Pelosi is the one making decisions.

Biden chose Kamala because he was told to. Pelosi and her gang wanted Biden #1, Kamala #2. Knowing Biden's health concerns, Kamala is the easiest to manipulate after him.

Meanwhile, Kamala openly calls Biden a sexual predator and racist but within a span of few months, is supporting him as a great leader?

This is all-too-funny.

If you were a liberal ten years ago, you're basically a conservative today. The left has moved so far left that it's basically a new party. They shouldn't even be called Democrats.

12. Helljumper

Student
    For what it’s worth ... I literally just bought a record player last week and have been absolutely loving it.

13. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

I can dig that. Problem is, you probably know what Spotify is. Joe Biden has no clue. And it's scary when someone is so old and out of touch with reality that they think parents should play the radio for their kids so they can listen to 'words.' Doesn't this guy know what the internet is?

14. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Without mentioning Trump, can anyone give me 3 good reasons why I should vote for Biden?

15. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

I didn't think anyone could.

16. Savory Griddles

Yeah. It basically is just a vote against Trump, as opposed to a vote for Biden.

People don't want to have to think for themselves. They are happy to have someone put in front of them and told this is the person you need to vote for because of this, this, and this. And you need to think this, this, and this because that's what us liberals think. Keep in mind, I'm not saying the right is much better.

I am convinced that if Trump was all about the masks and the red states were saying we need to keep things shut down, and all the Democrats were saying that we don't need to wear masks and we should be opening everything up, all the common folk would do a 180 on their positions. Tribalism and the inability to think for one's self is essentially the norm in America.

This is where I will give the Trump die-hards SOME credit. He came in with a totally different message than any Republican or Democrat before him, and the people who like him made a conscious decision not to allow Washington to dictate what they need to be doing. Democrats had that chance with Bernie and they all fell in line like good little lemmings behind the most boring and bland nominee in history. I mean, I'm thankful they did since Bernie would have been a disaster, but people on the left seem to be much more tribal in their thinking and will just tow the company line.

John3:16 likes this.
  17. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

the funny part is that if trump HAD been all about masks and taking the pandemic seriously, he would've guaranteed himself reelection. all he had to do was acknowledge that it was indeed a problem, come up with a federal plan instead of letting the states deal with it, and bam. we'd likely be in better shape than we are AND no one could truthfully criticize his actions because he did all he could. the pandemic gave trump a lifeline but of course he was too dumb to see it right in front of him

its funny, here in CA you have dem politicians calling for mandatory masks, social distancing, etc and look at the response from the right. now if those same dem politicians had kept restaurants, bars, gyms, etc open like the "anti-maskers" want, they would've been criticized by the right for not doing enough. it's a lose-lose situation

18. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Liberals in 2016: Trump is gonna be a dictator.

Liberals in 2020: Trump should've dictated we wear masks.

19. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

how dare the president take a pandemic seriously, right?

20. Savory Griddles

I think what he's saying is exactly what you were saying. It's a lose lose situation no matter what a politician does. Trump did shut off all travel from China and got yelled out for being racist by Democrats.

The real issue is most people are around the middle, but the lunatics are the people that make the most noise. These dumb a** politicians (both sides) cater to the Twitter mobs. It's like when a kid is screaming for a toy. If the parent gives in, the kid will keep on screaming every time he goes to the store. These woke SJW idiots, and the alt-right butt holes make the most noise and people give in to shut them up.